Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 18-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Solitary Faery

@DreamAngel - oh yeah! You can also get books on the meanings of the cards that aren't aligned with any particular deck and those are good to use with those decks that have the rather useless, confusing pamphlets. That way if you really like the art on one of those decks but need something more in order to interpret their meanings, just go get a general tarot interpretation guide (aim for something 200+ pages).
Old 18-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Solitary Faery

@Blooms Bright What book are you working on that you'd include Jonathon Earl Bowser art in?
Old 18-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitary Faery
@DreamAngel Hehe, no problem. I'm very talkative and also a fast typist so sometimes I will write long responses and it's no trouble at all.

hee hee, nice combination

thanks for the extra info on the books, so far the little pamphlets have been consistent with the meanings of cards I have chosen, with my oracle decks.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 18-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Solitary Faery

Yeah, oracle decks almost always have accurate booklets. I think that's because they're simpler in general and in some cases, you'd have to be a little slow to not understand the meaning because they're just so blunt, clear, simple, yet so meaningful and useful. That's why I have more oracle decks than tarot decks. I have just the one tarot that works for me, and then all my oracle decks which I just love to death. My dolphin cards would have to be... Well, I don't know. Okay, my Dolphin Divination Cards, Healing With The Fairies and The Green Man Tree Oracle are all on par because if I had to pick one of those to throw away over the others, I just couldn't pick one... Lol. Well, I'd say the fairies and the dolphins are tied more than the tree cards but only because the tree cards are a bit harder to understand. There are only 11 in the whole deck! They're based off some sort of ancient, Scandinavian runic system that was supposedly aligned with the wisdom of the trees. Sorry, that was a ramble!
Old 18-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Solitary Faery

If you look up Dolphin Divination Cards by Nancy Clemens, you'll see that they're circular and really small. They fit in the palm of your hand. Therefore, they're practically impossible to shuffle. Recently, I found this awesome tarot deck bag that's blue with a silver dolphin on it. So I bought that and I put all the cards in there and then just mix them with my hand and ask a question and pull a card or lay out a spread if I want. The picture on the back of them is really beautiful though - and supposedly totally inspired by a dolphin who communicated the image to Nancy Clemens. It's these dolphins swimming in a circle around the outer edge of the card. The inside is black with white stars and seaweed floating through the universe.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Deactivated Account

I have never heard of the Green Man Oracle Cards , they sound interesting seeing they are connected with Scandinavian rune system... not that they are " speaking " to me .

I have only bought maybe one or two decks that I haven't connected with, and those I purchased one for the name and the other, just because it was different. Usually the decks are " speaking " to me in one way or another, sometimes I hear Doreen in the background saying " that's the one " LOL !! just kidding !

Very cool with your dolphin cards and the bag with the dolphin on it !

Expect Miracles !

Old 18-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Solitary Faery

Yeah... I swear, I have become connected with the dolphins myself now on some kind of higher level of consciousness. Since becoming so entranced with working with those cards, when I last went out swimming in the kelp beds (with a wetsuit of course - I live in northern California), I saw a pod of dolphins coming by. I was SO excited! I swam and swam and tried to catch up to them and yelled out. Finally, I just said in my mind, "I'm here," and imagined the picture on the card. Suddenly one of them make a loud clicking sound, blew air out of its blowhole and looked at me! Like, RIGHT in the eye! Then they swam off. That's the closest encounter I've ever had.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Solitary Faery

But yeah, I pick my decks in the same way - they have to speak to me. Doreen's I've begun to just collect hither and thither although really the deck of her's that's "my deck," is Healing With The Fairies and Saints & Angels. The tree deck is something I've developed a liking for - like I said, I bought it for the statue it came with. The cards are neat to look at though because each tree has a face hidden in the leaves and branches that you can see if you look long enough.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Deactivated Account

oh wow ! Close encounters of the dolphin kind ! Very cool experience with your swimming and communicating with the dolphins !

Just be careful not to go too far out in the ocean, wouldn't want you to have a close encounter with a shark !

Expect Miracles !

Old 18-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Blooms Bright

@ Solitary Faery, I keep a book a book of my readings, similar to a book of shadows. It includes photos of spreads or drawings. My interpretation, what color candle or stones were present. What question or what I am seeking. Some days the entries are very spiritual and I may add pressed flowers or add qoutes. Other days I may be confused and just jot down the results so I can revisit and process in a new light.
I also like to include new spreads that I try or have seen others use. I will include tarot reference books I use and art work the resonates with me at the time.

It is a continuous work in progress but one that I enjoy : ) I usually try to dedicate a few hours one day a week. However, I have also found myself totally engrossed and need to be redirected. LOL...

It might not be for everyone, but works for me : )

~Bright Blessings