Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 16-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Solitary Faery

Angel1 Pendulums - Forum Newbie

Hi everyone,

My name is Natalie and I'm 25 years old. I live in Northern California. I just became a member of Spiritual Forums and I've introduced myself in the welcome forum, however, I primarily joined this site because of my interest in pendulum dowsing and tarot reading, so I wanted to say hello here and there as well. I've been involved with metaphysical studies and new age divination practices for awhile now - I'd say about ten years at least. The pendulum is by far my favorite and I've gotten pretty skilled with it. If anyone has any questions, you can always send me a private message.
(NOTE: I may not be able to receive private messages yet seeing as how I'm a "Newbie").
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself since you'll be seeing me around :)

Take care,

~~Natalie~~

P.S. As soon as my newbie status is up, I will post some pictures of my pendulums - I collect them!
Old 16-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Blooms Bright

Hi there,
I also appreciate the use of pendulums. Although, my skill level is still emerging. I am gifted with reading tarot. My favorite deck is " Sun and Moon" due to the beautiful art work and to be quite honest , just the way it resonates with me.

I understand how one could become a collector of such mediums. So many are intriguing and you just have to admire them. I am working on fashioning a pendulum out of an acorn that has fallen from a respected tree in our neighborhood.

I look forward to viewing your photos : )

~as always, Bright Blessings
Old 17-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Solitary Faery

Hiya! Thanks for the welcome! I'm also naturally gifted in tarot, however, I recently just kind of decided on a whim to buy a pendulum, and so here I am now, heavily interested in this skill and working on it. It's slowly emerging for me as well. I collect tarot decks as well and have been for many years - I've acquired quite a large collection actually. I don't know if you read my welcome post in the tarot section or not, but if you didn't, these are the tarot and oracle decks I've collected so far:

Oracle Decks

Angel Therapy Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
Saints & Angels Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
Messages From Your Angels Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
Ascended Masters Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
Magical Mermaids and Dolphins Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
Magical Messages From The Fairies Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
Healing With The Fairies Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
The Green Man Tree Oracle by John Matthews and Will Worthington
Dolphin Divination Cards by Nancy Clemens

Tarot Decks

Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot Deck
The Renaissance Tarot by Brian Williams
Tarot of Pagan Cats by Magdelina Messina and Lola Airaghi

And these are my favorites of those:

The Renaissance Tarot by Brian Williams
The Green Man Tree Oracle by John Matthews and Will Worthington
Dolphin Divination Cards by Nancy Clemens
Healing With The Fairies by Doreen Virtue

Do you have any of these decks or have you seen them or are familiar with any of them?

Blessed be!

~~Solitary Faery~~

NOTE TO STAFF: I am NOT in any way intending to advertise or sell any products!
Old 17-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Blooms Bright

Wow...you do have a collection!
I am familiar with a couple of your items.
Magical mermaids and dolphins ~ are some of the most beautiful oracle cards that I have seen. I also like like Creatrix anything is possible cards, by Melissa Harris.
I almost purchased Tarot of the Pagan cats ~ as I am a cat lover! But instead fell head over heels with Cat's eye tarot, by Debra m. Giving.
I have found myself using my sun & moon deck more often between the two.
However, I am continuing to search for Stick figure tarot, by Lar. It is very quirky and puts a smile on my face. Unfortunately, I believe it is out of print. Someday, it will fall into my hands : )

Thanks for sharing your list! I am going to check out some that I am not familiar with. I always enjoy a great adventure~

Old 17-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Solitary Faery

First of all... I FOUND THE STICK FIGURE TAROT FOR YOU! There is only one available deck I could locate on the entire internet and it's on eBay. They're charging an arm and a leg for it though. I just typed in stick figure tarot on ebay's website. It's only got three days left before it goes off the site, so you might want to either buy it or contact the seller immediately. I used to be a librarian and so I have a knack for finding things, especially on the net. I could probably find another one if you would like me to continue to search... (Private message me if you'd like the direct link - I'm on newb status).

Anyway, yes, Magical Mermaids & Dolphins is really beautiful. The best ones in the deck are by Jonathon Earl Bowser. He's just this really, really incredible goddess artist. At his website (can't publish links, remember?), you can find huge versions of many of the images in that deck of cards as well as others (Doreen Virtue uses his work in a lot of her decks) and you can just right click and save them to use as desktop backgrounds and stuff. I think they're also available to be ordered as prints but I don't know as I haven't been on there in a while.

As for Tarot of The Pagan Cats... It was one of those decks that I was actually a little disappointed with. Mostly it had to do with the fact that the booklet wasn't detailed enough to really get a good interpretation of the cards, but also, the artwork just wasn't that detailed compared to Brian William's Renaissance Tarot, Aleister Crowley's Thoth Deck and The Sun and Moon Tarot (the one I'm looking at is by Vanessa Decort, actually). Some of the tarot decks by US Games just aren't very good and that was how I felt about the Pagan Cats, unfortunately. If there had just been more detailed artwork, more of a manual - maybe even a companion book, it would have been spectacular.

Then again, I'm very picky. That is why I own all these decks! Lol. I buy them and end up not liking them, or, they just don't "feel" right to me, or it takes me a while to get used to them. The Doreen Virtue Oracle Decks however, I like pretty much all of. Hers are actually a genuine collection and not just a bunch of misnomers. The tarot decks I've bought that I didn't like I usually save and give away for birthday presents and things. I think the one was most disappointed with was The Elemental Tarot by Lo Scarabeo, published by Llewellyn, US Games and also by Deep Books.

Well, I could go on forever! Use the link in my profile to email me or send me a private message (if either of those are possible as I'm on newbie status) if you want more information on that stick figure tarot I found - I think it's new, not used, too, but not sure...

Anyway, :)

Bright blessings!
Old 17-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello Solitary Faery and Blooms Bright,

Quite the collection of oracle card decks you have Solitary Faery. I have alot of the Doreen Virtue decks too, I don't have the "Saints and Angels " deck or the " Mermaid and Dolphins " deck.

I do have Doreen's " Archangel Michael " , " Healing with the Angels " and " Angel Therapy " decks. I like them all.

Just a suggestion, or question ... you mentioned being " picky " about your cards, and not ending up liking some of them. Just curious how do you choose them in the first place ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Solitary Faery

Oh wow, what a question! I mean, for a person who has so many decks, right?! Lol. Healing With The Fairies (my first Doreen deck), and Nancy Clemens' Dolphin Divination Cards were sitting out on a table in a local metaphysical store (in fact, the one my teacher used to own that closed down due to the economy). I ended up buying those because I was able to check them out without just having to stare through the plastic - was able to touch, feel, look at them. For both of those I just sort of had this, "I have to have this!" feeling and they've remained two of my favorites to this day.

The Dolphin Divination Deck is actually kind of remarkable to me. They are just a single word on a round card with the back being a design of dolphins swimming through seaweed kelp in the stars. You have to actually think like or as a dolphin does to interpret the cards. Nancy Clemens works with dolphins hands-on on a daily basis and she claims to have telepathic communication with them. She states that they designed the back picture and also gave her the words for each card as well as the interpretations for the accompanying book. I am a very ocean oriented person and I surf. I think that is why this deck works for me as most people I've met have terrible difficulty interpreting anything from it. When I first bought it, it was a whim thing and I was unable to interpret it for years, really. It wasn't until I started swimming in the ocean everyday, surfing and working for dolphin and whale rights that my eyes opened to these cards. Now I understand almost every one of them instantly.

The Green Man Tree Oracle comes with a statuette of The Green Man. I actually bought that set because I wanted that clay, molded, wall hanging of the The Green Man and the cards were just a side note. I ended up really liking them though, so that was really just stumbling upon them by accident.

And my favorite tarot deck, The Renaissance Deck by Brian Williams... I used to use this tarot spread generator when I was in junior high and high school that's on a website. You pick your deck, your spread, your significator, etc. and then it literally just deals it all out random. As a kid, I used to use that and get accurate results. The cards that come up as answers have the interpretations next to them and they are the ones that come with the actual deck, the one's written by the author. So over time, I explored and tried lots of different decks and spreads on there and then finally found that every time I used a celtic cross spread of Brian Williams' Renaissance Tarot with The Queen of Swords representing myself, I'd get a dead on accurate reading. (I lived in one of those households where I wasn't allowed to have anything like tarot cards so I was stuck using randomizers on the net! Lol). As soon as I moved away from home I discovered that the deck was quite famous, has an accompanying guidebook and many other things, and, at that time I was taking art history as a minor, so I went ahead and bought the deck and then the manual and I've never deviated away from it since. I've tried other decks - even liked the art or themes so much that I hoped and hoped they'd work for me but nothing is quite as interpretable and simplistically intricate as The Renaissance Tarot. It just works for me every time and it's definitely *MY* deck :)

As for all the Doreen decks I have - I love angels and I love all her decks. They all work for me when I want to do a simple reading and so I've just continued to buy and collect the ones that interest me.

I hope that gives you some idea - at least, of what goes on in my mind when choosing decks :)
Old 17-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Deactivated Account

I hope my question wasn't too overwhelming, lol ! I wasn't asking for each individual card deck, just wondering in general... if there were instances where you purchased a deck besides having it " speak to you " . Thanks for your reply.

Wow, on the dolphin deck and how you interpret them ! I would be totally lost, I have no clue how a dolphin thinks ! And I don't like to swim, so I think that deck isn't for me

I also really like angels and Doreen's card decks, hers are usually my first choice.

Most interesting on your Tarot deck. I don't have any Tarot decks, they seem so difficult and confusing to me.

I have a few other oracle decks by other people, when I get a chance, I will look them up and tell you about those.

Thanks for sharing !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 18-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Blooms Bright

Thanks so much for the info regarding the stick figure tarot deck. You are right the seller is requesting an incredible price for them. However, when researching them, only 500 decks were produced. At this time I would not be able to afford to splurge on them.

You are also right regarding some of the decks, although the sun & moon ( Vanessa Decort) deck is my favorite, the booklet is useless and contains very little guidance. Had I not had experience prior to using them, it certainly would be a struggle. Definitely not for everyone.

Thank you for sharing the tid bits regarding the artist that Doreen Virtue uses. I would like to purchase some prints. I like to include art into my book.

Old 18-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Solitary Faery

@DreamAngel Hehe, no problem. I'm very talkative and also a fast typist so sometimes I will write long responses and it's no trouble at all. As for the oracle decks, they're definitely the best to start out with prior to tarot, in my opinion. They help you get used to working with cards before you take on the more difficult task of the tarot. If/when you ever do get into tarot, it's best to get one that has an accompanying manual you can either buy separately or that comes as a package together. The little pamphlet inserts just don't provide enough information at all for a beginner, or even sometimes for someone advanced. I have bought some tarot decks that had meanings listed in the little pamphlet that were totally inconsistent with the general accepted meaning for that card in tarot as a whole. It's also nice to have someone read for you and explain what they're doing and how they're interpreting as they go along so you can check out different peoples' methods of how they interpret and then of course, see whose was the most accurate to you.