Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 06-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Master
its about conscious levels. We humans thru yoga and even in islam are trying to re connect with god (explore sufism) we operate at a human level of consciousness. Through meditation mantra and prayer along with a good way of living, we can raise the level of our consciosuness. Gods divine grace raises our consciousness when we pout the effort in. The goal is to once again reach a level of god consciousness. Now and again the divine sends down a part of himself, that is at his level of consciousness, for the benefit of all lifes spiritual growth. These beings (and they are very rare, are what I am reffering to when I speak of avatars.
So altho as internal has suggested above, correctly, we are all, in a way, incarnations of god, avatars are where we want to be in terms of consciousness.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:11 PM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
God is not limited, he is unlimited according to our scriptures. Therefore if he/she chooses to walk the earth and participate in human life there is absolutely no reason why he/she cannot. To say otherwise would put limits on God's power.
Yes God is unlimited according to all scriptures as well as logic.

"if" opens the way for Satan's work. said prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him.

Thinking that God might be one of the creatures will lead you to worship those creatures. You will worship cows, idols, humans, planets, etc because of such thought.

Believing that God is the Perfect will lead you to worship Him alone. You will not bow down for any creature.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Master
i sometimes wonder why humans believe "God" wants to be worshipped.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Krishna-prem

I'll keep my idols, cows, and plants thanks
Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Master
Dear Slave of Allah,
Im happy that you have found your path to god, Islam is a nice path. Where I am not so happy is when you get on your high horse and tell everyone elsethat if you dont worship god in our way , you are doing satans work or letting in satan. The christians also have a habit of pulling this fear filled cart of rubbish out into every conversation.
I have a significant REAL relationship with god, it is every bit as reaL AS YOURS, and I experience god through pictures and idols and avatars, and my relationship is exactly correct. So please stop trying to tell me that everyone who doesnt appreciate god in exactly the way you have interpreted mohammed's (peace be upon him) words, is letting satan in, as its rubbish.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:34 AM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
I'll keep my idols, cows, and plants thanks
I hope you will not, but it is up to you.

I'll keep my good hope for you.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:05 PM
slave of Allaah

Dear peteyzen!

It is not my way. I have no right to assign a way to God.

God is the One who assign the way to Himself. He sent the messengers (peace be upon them) so that we follow them as they are His ways.

Otherwise, what is the point of sending the messengers?

Regarding the christians who talk about Hell, we muslims don't fear that since we followed the truth already, but we understand that they are honest in their advice but they lack some knowledge.

We consider the christians to be the nearest people to Islam, and many of them become muslims when they realize the truth.

Their belief about Hell is fine, and we too believe that Hell is for Truth rejectors.

But again, it is not us who assign the way to God. We follow the way He assign for us.

Those who listen to the saying and follow the best thereof. Those are (the ones) whom Allâh has guided and those are men of understanding. (18) [Quran:Ch.39]

Best wishes.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:36 PM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries

We believe so because God said:

Wa ma khalaqtu aljinna wa alinsa illa liyaabudoon. .................. (56) ... And I created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me.

Ma ureedu minhum min rizqin, wa ma ureedu an yut'emoon. ......(57) ... I seek not any provision from them nor do I ask that they should feed Me.

Inna Allaha huwa arrazzaqu thu alquwwati almateen. ................(58) ... Verily, Allâh is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong.
[Quran.Ch51]
Old 07-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Master
well, i tend to believe more in personal experiences than in man written scripture.

being on ones knees is about "surrender" ... not worship. there's a difference.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries

imo, God should be remembered first and then praised for all of what God has provided to humanity.

mj