Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 AM
internationalhindu

Do You Believe In Man-gods...or man and God?

There are several spiritual leaders in Hinduism who either either claim themselves to be incarnations of god or get proclaimed in such a way by their followers. I was wondering, how many present here have belief in such man-gods?...i personally believe that a human can only at best be a great teacher and never be a god unless he leaves his body and merges with the infinite...would like to know your comments
Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Ascender

Not sure why God himself can't incarnate on His own creation.

This 'claiming to be god incarnate' is the very falsehood that cultivates ignorant followers.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Master
I believe in avatars, or human incarnations of god, I have had experience of them and know they exist. But others disagree, we each believe within the bounds of our experience.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Krishna-prem

I believe in avatars as well however I am not aware of anyone alive today who has been proven beyond doubt to be an avatara.

Aum Hari Aum!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Ascender
GOD holds the universe in GODs right hand.

GOD does not walk on planet earth !!!

mj
Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 PM
mattie

More Definition Needed

These statements could be defined more. Do they actually believe that the energies we call God are the Universe as an integrated organism manifesting itself in many different ways? Or that they are the incarnation of a specific separate single deity.

Are the leaders stating this or their followers? If the followers do & this isn’t the leaders’ view, the leaders should clarify this when possible.

It may be that even if this belief is problematic, it might be a way to relate to the regular person that the energies they call God are able to manifest in a human. This could be an intermediary step in their realizing these energies are inherent in them too.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:08 AM
slave of Allaah

God is The Creator. The creatures are His slaves.

Those who claim themselves to be God are liars and will go to Hell for eternity.

Some people expose themselves to the Light of God, then after being great and powerful, they go against Him like Satan and the Anti christ did.

the Anti-christ appeared at the time of Moses, peace be upon him, and he will show off soon in the most powerful way ever. Those who don't repent to God before that time, they will be banned from God, and so will go to Hell with the anti-christ because they will take him as their Lord.

Jeses christ, peace be upon him, will also come back to finish all disbelievers on Earth, and he is the only human who can kill the anti-christ.

Those who claim themselves to be God are always less than many people in Beauty. That is an obvious disgracement from God on them.

If God want to appear as a human, He would be known with His Beauty as well. God doesn't show off in a view that is less than someone in any case because He is Jealous and the Proud.

Humblesness is for the slaves, not for the Lord.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:12 PM
slave of Allaah

Moreover, we muslims believe that God cannot be seen in this life.

And We appointed for Moses thirty nights and added (to the period) ten (more), and he completed the term, appointed by his Lord, of forty nights. And Moses said to his brother Aaron: "Replace me among my people, act in the Right Way and follow not the way of the corruptive ones." (142)

And when Moses came at the time and place appointed by Us, and his Lord spoke to him, he said: "O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You." Allâh said: "You cannot see Me, but look upon the mountain; if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me." So when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He made it collapse to dust, and Moses fell down unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers." (143)

(Allâh) said: "O Moses I have chosen you above men by My Messages, and by My speaking (to you). So hold that which I have given you and be of the grateful." (144)

And We wrote for him on the Tablets the lesson to be drawn from all things and the explanation for all things (and said): Hold unto these with firmness, and enjoin your people to take the better therein. I shall show you the home of Al-Fâsiqûn (the rebellious, disobedient to Allâh). (145)

I shall turn away from My signs those who behave arrogantly on the earth, without a right, and (even) if they see all the signs, they will not believe in them. And if they see the way of righteousness, they will not adopt it as the Way, but if they see the way of error, they will adopt that way, that is because they have rejected Our signs and were heedless (to learn a lesson) from them (146)

Those who deny Our signs and the Meeting in the Hereafter (Day of Resurrection,), vain are their deeds. Are they requited with anything except what they used to do? (147) [Quran. Ch7]
Old 06-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Krishna-prem

God is not limited, he is unlimited according to our scriptures. Therefore if he/she chooses to walk the earth and participate in human life there is absolutely no reason why he/she cannot. To say otherwise would put limits on God's power. Isvara is intimately connected to us as we are a part of him. He resides in every atom of creation. He is found in the deepest heart of every creature. When there are times of great trouble, when the balance between dharma and adharma is threatened then he takes physical birth.

Aum Hari Aum!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Master
One might believe that everyOne is an incarnation of "God".