Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 25-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Master
Sai babas passing

I just wanted to let everyone know , that the avatar sai baba has passed over, for those of us who believe in him, this is the greatest spiritual being departing the earth since... well his last incarnation shirdi sai baba, and then before that jesus.
To those who dont believe or who have not experienced sai baba or his miracles, I can understand why his passing will not matter. But for those of us who love himand have had their lives enriched by his prescence and spiritually uplifted by his teaching, it is like losing jesus again to a christian.
With that in mind would any posters please show compassion in any rememberances and comments they make to this post.

Jai Sai ram
Old 25-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I just wanted to let everyone know , that the avatar sai baba has passed over, for those of us who believe in him, this is the greatest spiritual being departing the earth since... well his last incarnation shirdi sai baba, and then before that jesus.
To those who dont believe or who have not experienced sai baba or his miracles, I can understand why his passing will not matter. But for those of us who love himand have had their lives enriched by his prescence and spiritually uplifted by his teaching, it is like losing jesus again to a christian.
With that in mind would any posters please show compassion in any rememberances and comments they make to this post.
Jai Sai ram
Yes, I know. It was good of you to start a thread.
I never understood him - because he was not a guru or teacher - he was just 'who he was'.
I was not aware he actually had a "teaching".
Would you like to share some moments or any words with us on your relationship
with him?
Naturally, there have been bad stories of him - which there are about most anyone famous.
So, anything positive would perhaps cancel out those reports.
Thank you,
Miss Hepburn
And I am sorry for your loss.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Master
Hi miss Hepburn, and thank you for your beautiful rply, it is a treasure. in answer to your request here is a letter i wrote to friend of mine after i first came across baba, it is totally true, and i normally dont tell thisn story, but to those who dont understand baba it might help explain why so many loved him.
Dear Tim,
It was brilliant to get your letter last week, and you’ve only been gone five months! I’m so glad your settling in Spain, and hey, five new words learned in your first month!!! pretty damn impressive. Carry on at this rate and within a year you’ll have a wider vocabulary than most football presenters, …in two languages.

It is still so hard to believe you’ve gone. In some ways it’s as if you never left, because you contributed so little to conversation and because you were so stingy that you never bought a pint, we don’t notice your absence. Yet in other ways, like that funny old smell of yours and your forte for projectile vomiting, you are noticeable by your absence. All power to you though, going to Spain to teach your mother tongue (Leicester) to the wops (or is it dagos), seems to me the perfect way to high tail it off the dole queue. Any way, that’s enough stick, let’s get on with the letter.

Things here are fine we’re all well so there’s no interesting news to tell you. I hope that your work load picks up soon, but at least you have a gentle introduction into the rigours of teaching. Sometimes it`s better that way, a chance to find your feet before falling headlong into the merd (and you thought you were the only linguist). We all miss you, the other guys in the team are virtually dyslexic so they can’t write to tell you how poor our team is performing without you, we conceded four goals again last week. See good central defenders are hard to find, even if they do head the ball like a girl.

It’s good that you have a partner for “intercombio” whatever that is, but it’s obviously improving your Spanish, as far as the petrol station attendant to whom you inadvertently said “my horse is on fire, I’m a tomato “ is concerned, I wouldn’t worry he’s probably Spanish and didn’t understand a word. I promise you that is my last language based pun.

News from home: City are on fire at the moment, I’ve just returned from the Chelsea versus Leicester match and we were brilliant, I did my bit as usual by shouting sound advice from the company box and the players responded by soundly thrashing Chelsea 2-0. This makes 3 wins and a draw in the last four matches.
You probably know all this already but I feel I have to tell someone, and as your something of a captive audience I can just roll on unchecked. (Hey, a new concept in letter writing, boredom mail and you’re the first recipient).
Seriously though, I am on a football high, I took clients (Debenhams no less) who are all nutty Leicester fans. We had a tour around the ground, touched Emil’s shirt, smelled Lennons shin pads (small and highly scented) and finished up with one of us standing in the communal bath, which apparently is something of a first for these tours. Thankfully our guide took it in good spirit and didn’t have us ejected from the ground before the match even started.

Later, in the box before the game, we all hugged and warmly kissed Vicki the Vixen (the Leicester mascot) with a passion that only true supporters ever display. Unfortunately I think that Vicki was quite taken by our ardour and on several occasions during the game I watched her turn her snout skyward and wave lovingly up to our box from pitch side. We of course roundly ignored her, these encounters have their moment and are then best not further encouraged.
And then we stuffed Chelsea with Heskey (Yes Heskey!) scoring twice to round of a perfect day. Then, aptly, the LCFC stadium staff rounded off by playing “Perfect Day“ over the sound system and we all floated in post match bliss back to our cars.

On the meditational side, in answer to your question about the magic eye picture sensation, you get during meditation. I have had something similar if you mean that it’s like the feeling you get when the image is just on the verge of coming into focus. Unlike you however I haven’t had this sensation when my eyes are closed, it’s always been with open-eyed meditation.
It’s now Thursday (I’ve been busy), and I saw David (my teacher, in case you forgot) last night and told him about your experience or sensation, whatever you call it. He said that each person goes through totally unique stages pertinent to them and in an order suitable to just them when they meditate. This is the first of your stages, he asked you to keep meditating through it and when the time is right you’ll hit the next stage.(You lucky boy) He asked you to keep him informed again and said that if you have any queries or concerns to let me know or contact him direct if you need to. So that’s your meagre earnings gone on pan European phone calls to a Guru in Leicester.

Sticking with the spiritual side for a moment I had a great and humbling experience a few weeks ago and again but in an entirely different way, earlier this week.
David rang me one night and said `What are you doing tomorrow night`? I said `Nothing`. He proceeded to tell me about a family in Leicester who have Sai Baba `with them` all the time, he’s the Indian guy with hair like a 70`s Michael Jackson look alike who dresses in orange robes all the time. He isn’t there in the flesh you understand but his spirit is. The focus of the attention he said is around a little girl in the family who Baba is supposed to act through. The whole thing sounded too bizarre to miss but at the same time I didn’t like the undertones of what, if it was true, sounded a little bit too much like possession of some sort.

All of the next day I was sort of excited and repulsed (if that’s the right word) any way Jim, David, an Indian girl called Joshna and myself went over to a house in Evington at about 6 o`clock in the evening.

We were met at the door by the mother of the house. A huge smiling woman who ushered us in over the threshold, once inside the 3 up 3 down semi we took off our shoes. It was then that I was hit by the atmosphere. I can’t describe how it felt, I can’t do it justice, but I’ll try. (ha) The place radiated peace and warmth and within seconds we were all smiling and laughing, stupidly and at anything. (It took me back to those cannabis parties in the late eighties, where I would wander about with a handlebar smile etched into my face all evening). Inside however, I was still sort of mixed up one minute being won over by the ambiance and the next on the defensive, wary, not wanting to be taken in by anything. I had huge sensations around my head, distinct and definite, not in any way uncomfortable but strange and unusual, and oddly…nice.
The girl wasn’t there but would be back in a few minutes, we were told. So the woman took us into the front room and there was vhibutti everywhere. (I don’t know if I’ve told you about vhibutti but it’s supposed to be a holy ash that Sai Baba materialises from his hands as he walks among his devotees, yeah I know, take it with a pinch of salt.) Anyway it was everywhere growing out of walls, on chairs, on pictures and it was in all different colours. There was your common or garden grey, your ochre red, a yellow and orange as well as a natty metallic green. There were footsteps made from vhibutti leading to a small shrine that the family had made in an under stairs cupboard.

The woman told us how last diwali the family had gone to the temple and as they left, Baba had just come home with them. She told us how they are having miracles occur every few minutes, new vhibutti appearing daily, Baba blessing devotees trinkets that they place in the shrine under the stairs. Through their Daughter he answers letters, he produces an oil, which apparently heals people, the list went on and on, and then, with us virtually salivating, the little girl came home.

The girl was brilliantly normal. 11 years old, nice but with a bit of the “oh just leave me alone mum” pre teen attitude that it’s healthy to see amongst the divinely possessed. Anyway, now the mother asked us if we had anything that required a blessing I was unprepared for this David on the other hand got out a huge picture of sai baba and some flowers and a picture of Mother Meera and several other items.
I suppose being a guru, you know what to do in these situations. I, being an ageing hippy, had some beads on that I had got in Germany when we saw Mother Meera. So the mother took all of these things and put them in clear plastic bags and in front of us placed them into the shrine under the stairs the door was always open and in full view of us.
The girl bowed in front of the shrine and blessed the stuff in Baba’s name, while we talked and listened to more stories. No more than 2-3 minutes later the girl said `They’re blessed now `. And we went to look in. Everything was covered with vhibutti mostly in grey ash but my beads had grey and orange ash on them.
Tim, there was no way they could of done it, we were in full view all the time and the shrine is a small understairs cupboard that has shelves inside and goes back about 2 and a half feet. Then the incontrovertible proof came. David’s picture of Meera came out, it had 4 different colours of vhibutti on it but the amazing thing here was that the ash was under the glass, between the actual photo of Meera and the underside of the glass. While we were there we saw other things flowers, trinkets, pictures, all came out covered in vhibutti people had letters answered. The whole thing was mind blowing and in the midst of this hurricane of spiritual activity, at the core, peacefully going about there lives was this lovely, quite normal family, who have had their lives turned upside down for the last 5 months, who open their house up to everyone 6 days a week.

The father told me that he reckoned they have had over 2 thousand people who have been through their house since October and as word spreads the demands on their time grow as more and more people want to visit.
Seriously, it was mind blowing. The whole situation, the way the family took everything in their stride and lived around these daily manifestations and miracles, seemed to me rather similar to the way the family just coped in the film Poltergeist. Yes, the experience put me very much in mind of the poltergeist family, the difference of course was that this was Yin to the poltergeist Yang, in that they were sharing their house with a divine force as opposed to a demonic one. The family had the same blasé attitude to the miracles going on around them as the family in poltergeist did to the horrors that manifested in their home. Do you remember the wonderful scene where the `experts` had arrived at the house to scrutinise it and as they walk up the staircase one of the experts is telling, well, almost boasting about an occasion where over a period of several hours, using a time delay camera they had filmed a child’s toy moving a few feet. The father of the house says `oh really` and opens the door to the bedroom, whereupon the `experts` are greeted with the scene of the whole bedroom in a vortex flying in the air before them, toys appear before them and play themselves. You are left with the feeling that it is similar in this house, that if you described to the members of this family your most impressive spiritual experience, the reality is that it would pale before the tiniest things they experience every single day.

On our way to leave the house, we returned to the bottom of the stairs by the front door. It was here that we had left our shoes when we had entered, they were all covered with vibhutti, Jim, at a later time, said to me, that to him, this meant that as long as we walked a spiritual path, then we would always be blessed. I told him in a matter of fact tone, it meant that as long as we walked a spiritual path we would always have to wear grey shoes.

So this week I took Liz and the kids as well as Ian, my friend who lost his wife recently. I had told them all about it and really talked it up, and to be fair I still had the sensations of having a silent force 10 gale ripping through my head, this time however it was even busier and the little shrine was full, so the girl took the stuff upstairs to be blessed. Accordingly our stuff was returned blessed and covered in ash. But of course everyone politely pointed out to me that someone could have been sitting upstairs with a spoon and a heap of different coloured ash which I couldn’t logically deny, although the other groups around us whose stuff was in the shrine kept umming and ahhing as they obviously went back to see their belongings with logic defying vhibutti on them, which was definitely not applied via spoon. Any way as everything happens for a reason I think that I was deliberately humbled just enough to remind me not to be too free with my mouth. It’s not worked though cause here I am flapping away to you. In actual fact both Ian and my family were very impressed and have very serious food for thought now.

If Baba is still with the family when you next come back and if you want me to, I’ll arrange for us to visit. The reason I say if he’s still there is because apparently he does this a lot suddenly taking over a devotee’s house and then just as mysteriously going away again.

The only other thing to tell is that Jim Jason David and myself are scooting over to Germany on April the 17th to see Mother Meera again for a long weekend.
If there’s anything you want sending over, you know like magazines or books or fruit pastilles then ..........Ask your dad , what do you think my name is? muggins.

All the best and write soon love from me and my family ta ta .

Pete
Old 26-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Administrator
Hello

He is one that was very much followed by me and a group of one's from the Metaphysical Church I attend.

I feel he set the ground work in place for other's to follow along and we hold that energy now with us.

Lynn
Old 26-04-2011, 02:28 AM
LightFilledHeart

To those grieving this loss, I express my condolances. I do, however, have a question you can perhaps address. How is it that a self-realized being needs to pass through the transitional portal of death in order to achieve immortality? Would not such an advanced being simply lift from the body at will, leaving it as we leave our clothing at the end of a day. Or for that matter, why would/could he not simply translate (lift the vibratory frequency of the body physical to the point where it achieved ascension and could appear or disappear at will, present as solid or as a vapor, bi-locate instantaneously, etc.) as famed author of the controversial book "Ye Are Gods", Annalee Skarin, was said to have done? I understand there is actual documentation of Ms. Skarin's accomplishment... that she did indeed achieve translation or what is more commonly known by the term ascension in today's vernacular. Since Sai Babba was said to be an enlightened being capable of performing miracles, I naturally wonder why he did not choose to transcend death, making that his final lesson as he left third density life here in the earth, exampling the final conquering of death. Would that not be the act of a self-realized being? Christ was purported to be killed on the cross only to transform and rise from death days later, whereupon he ascended to the spirit realms. It surprises me to hear of an ordinary passing (i.e., death) of this modern day enlightened soul.
Old 26-04-2011, 08:34 AM
murugan

Sathya Sai Baba is a great person. Personally I have a great respect on him.

Some of his remember-able quotes are

Do not cultivate too much attachment to things of the world, which appeal to carnal desires and sensual thirsts. A moment comes when you have to depart empty-handed, leaving all that you have laboriously collected and proudly called your own.

Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Unity is divinity; purity is enlightenment.

You must be a Lotus, unfolding its petals when the Sun rises in the sky, unaffected by the slush where it is born or even the water which sustains it
Old 26-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Master
HI light filled heart,

I dont know, I`ve always wanted god to turn australia upside down and paint it pink to prove his existence unequivicably to me, but thus far he hasnt deigned to do it. But he did give me the experience that I have documented, in the story above, and that is a true one.
But as to why he didnt raise himself again or go off like an atom bomb, I dont know.
Old 26-04-2011, 12:31 PM
clovelly

I have never been a fan of Sai Baba's. I even went to his ashram, but it didn't pull any heart chords with me.

Then today I watch 'Sathya Sai Baba chanting the Gayatri' on Youtube and I could feel an immense power of love, my heart chakra started tingling.

This makes me think that everyone has their faults, but in the end it is the love they give (no matter what the motive) that is the most important message & reason to exist.

Love & light xxx
Old 26-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovelly
I have never been a fan of Sai Baba's. I even went to his ashram, but it didn't pull any heart chords with me.

Then today I watch 'Sathya Sai Baba chanting the Gayatri' on Youtube and I could feel an immense power of love, my heart chakra started tingling.

This makes me think that everyone has their faults, but in the end it is the love they give (no matter what the motive) that is the most important message & reason to exist.

Love & light xxx
I'm going find that youtube now!!!!
(I feel that way watching Braco youtubes. I saw him last month.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcal5BjK7x8&feature=related

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-05-2011, 05:06 PM
northstar

rest in peace my friend...

u know its kinda funny... jesus popped in on me for a second last month as i was getting my third group of guides... and a week later i said 'its time for the next step'... that day sai baba passed... and a week later bin laden passed...

well reguardless of that... rest in peace my friend...