Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 23-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Seeker
Hi, I am fairly new here,
I used a pendulum for the first time today.
Just to explain why, well I meditate by laying down and ground myself, I then say hello to God, Holy Spirit etc, say my thanks and try to connect with my spirit guides which happens. Their vibrations are quite gentle, the way I feel them is through my body from the feet upwards giving me a wave of feeling, but it can be quit gentle, I ask questions but I find it difficult to determine answers. If I ask if there are any other good spirits who would like to connect, I get a full rush of activity and my body is overwhelmed, it's a good feeling, I can ask questions in a yes and no and I get answers..BUT.. I have found out they are spirits just playing with me and they even confirmed that said that Lol.
So I decided to use a pendulum, I made one from a necklace chain I own and a square glass angel key ring ornament that sits with other shrine objects.
Well it worked, the pendulum was held still and after learning yes and no to a few questions I started asking and it was turning in very very small circles one way and the other but clear enough to tell yes or no. I between questions I said next question and it was still. So the outcome was positive , the chain was about 40 cm long and I could see it oscillate, I was in a comfortable position where I could be as still as possible. The answers I received were somehow logical but I will try again. Thanks, John.
Old 24-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Guide
Napton5,
Since you are new to dowsing, I would suggest that you stick to using the pendulum to connect and not your body. It is to easy to invite something in when you have no idea of what you are doing. Only those fully trained in protection and have a lot of experience in such matters should use their body as a conduit. Use visualization of white light surrounding you as you meditate before you start.

I see you talk to God and the Holy Spirit. So why not ask the Arch Angel Michael to grant you his protection? Ask "Am I connected with a beneficial entity?" You can also ask outright, "Is God your father?" then if your religion permits this phrase, ask "Is Jesus Christ your personal Savior?" Some religions do and some don't, so follow your beliefs, not my suggestions. You can always reword those questions if you have to, to fit into your beliefs, they are not set in stone.

Once you become familiar with dowsing there is a form of dowsing using your body you can learn. Just learn all you can about it before you try it. I am new to dowsing too and have much to learn as well.

In the end my best advice I can pass onto you is; trust your heart, your intuition and your beliefs before you try something. They will let you know if what you are about to do is beneficial to you or not.