Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
My other BIG question for today...

I'm going along with the idea of an afterlife/other realms etc, so far so good,
then I consistently hear that there is no time in these other worlds. How can there be no time?? Souls/spirits must think/act then after a certain amount of time think/act again. It can't all be present can it?? Mediums claim people enjoy earth like activities like listening to music etc. Well if they listen to a piece of music it must have a beginning & end, if there really are places to walk upon they must start that journey and end it. If there was no time, it would be like a pause button with everything frozen. They are aware of a life on earth before right so that must be past and they know they have relatives on earth still alive there so that must be future?? If time goes faster for them then wouldn't everything just speed up like an old silent film?
Do they experience time as we do from their subjective pov, and it's here that is accelerated to them. This notion of no time seems absurd to me, no one can exist in an eternal present as nothing would ever happen. If events & thoughts occur there has to be time as you wouldn't combine an eternitys thoughts all at the same millisecond. People always say there is only the Now even in this life but the second I typed "Now" it instantly became the past and what I am about to type is at this second the future. The present is so infinitisemally small it may as well not exist

PS if your answer includes the words Vibration, please can you hop to my thread first on Science & Spirituality as I am desperate to get the V word clarified

A similar question was posed in the general beliefs forum.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=83562

Here is my reply as well....

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...19&postcount=3

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 31-05-2015, 11:25 PM
Experiencer
It depends on where in the "afterlife"

OK, the afterlife has different areas to consider. There are the heaven and hell realms which do have a sort of "Time"...but I call it "Momentum". It's different and hence the reason Christianity can not reconcile Reincarnation. In these realms you can spend an "eternity", but in our time here, it's the blink of an eye. I have a lot of experience in this area, I remember past lives and deaths, but also in my last life and earlier in this one practiced what you might call, yoga of the death state, which is basically going through the death process without cutting the cord that binds us to our bodies... So as I said the heaven and hell realms do have a sort of time.. Now there are those "lost souls" which we have come to call "ghosts" or "spirits", they are souls which have looked back upon what I call "Their construct'...we all have these, they are an energetic astral reflection of who we WERE.... They sort of follow us on the astral ..... generally when we "die" we are not aware of them, we are more Magnetized in a "forward" direction and they are usually "behind" us, and off to the side. But for souls who cling very much to Who they were and what they had (which isn't common).... they turn and see their construct, and because of Laws thereon the astral, it is drawn to them.... and they sort of unite. This binds the persons soul to the Past so to speak...... and until they can reconcile themselves they sort of float in a timeless place...
Old 19-06-2015, 09:01 PM
JosephSmithChristoferson

there is no time in this life, time is a artificial human mind contruction
Old 20-06-2015, 12:18 AM
MrChiLambda

Without a mind to process temporal information, there is no time, and probably no free will.
Old 20-06-2015, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator
Oh there is plenty of mind in the afterlife. And plenty of free will. There is also a sense of 'duration' which is related to a concept of 'time' but not in the same way as we see it here with limited access to 'mind'.
Old 21-06-2015, 01:05 AM
Knower

I haven't read all the replies here, But a theory I came up with a few months ago goes something like this.
If, (and there are a few theoretical spiritually based if's in this)...
If, we all live within an astral world of some sort. and we choose to experience a life of abundance. We simply experience it. We do this as an entity of some variety, lets say human.
As the human being is constructed it's ability to understand non linear concepts of time is limited by biological restrictions. This may change in the human future...

The astral entity that is our humanly perceived higher self. chooses every single minute detail of the manifested experience.

The human, due to a biological need to follow it's self created timeline believes it is making all decisions...when subconsciously it has been decided already.
This is why de ja vu happens.
Our higher selves had to be especially careful planning out different paths so as to be different enough in the 7th+ dimensions "experience" to make a measurable difference to this 3rd dimensional reality.
Our future dreams are merely a higher self awareness of this connection of events bleedings over from 3rd, 4th, 5th and possible sixth dimensions due to the intensity of thought or vibration during the manifestation...

This theory kinda of bleeds into another I have about planck length sized particles, which within itself explains upto 6th or so dimensional experience. But essentially states that the universe we are currently experiencing is little more than a thought thinking about itself. Thoughts multiplying within it's own linear progression like cells of a biological organism. Yet at the higher dimensions this is still simply a singular experience. These countless infinite experiences only exist in a form of linear time within themselves, where the next dimension up doesn't follow the same time state.
Until of course you reach the 11th, or zero dimension where we are, only because we are not about to be...

That make any kind of sense?
Old 23-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Consciousness is the ability to be a form of record in a place of self existence.

Therefore origin consciousness was once a whole form of light that existed without creation. We know this ourselves because we are still a part of this consciousness. Hence our consciousness verifies the fact of its own certainty.

It lost a part of its own light sound, that fell into itself as the explanation for how a mass of light lost O as a sound forming a hole and a space in its own origin light mass.

Consciousness therefore exists as an origin state...and the light proves this circumstance itself...as it can form records by its burning.

So we all know that records exist because of psychic awareness and the ability to read records.

We know and have verified for ourselves that the light that burnt came from out of an origin light body that already existed as a formed consciousness. Light therefore is an already informed state.

Burnt light and its cooling therefore formed a record of its own light self as an informed state. We know this record exists because many of us have had contact with what we identify as being an evil spirit. Even Scientists have contacted, spoken to and heard this evil spirit.

This is why time does not exist as a purpose review of how consciousness exists in a created state. In the not created state...origin light consciousness exists as its origin light spirit self or androgynous being....how and why we were created in its image.

We also know by evidence that light as a massed body can lose sound out of it without being destroyed. We also know by evidence that a hole cannot exist without something else holding the hole. Our own conscious advice is that the origin light mass has a hole O in it...how we got created inside of an emptied out light body.

Time does not exist in creation for it existed as an origin self...the origin self was changed by an act of incineration as evident on Planet Earth....it healed and replaced itself and therefore cooling is considered as a healing state, not a state of time.

If time were a constant as thought then the body that causes us to count time ...the Sun would remain a constant body...yet scientists state by evidence that this body one day will go cold. If it is known to go cold then time does not exist for we only count time because Light falls upon the face of Planet Earth O a circular body.
Old 31-03-2016, 04:08 AM
Experiencer
Time there is different.

I have quite a bit of experience in those realms as when I was younger, and in my past life I practiced,"Yoga of the Death State"...basically dying but not cutting the cord. I also remember quite a few "deaths" ..So first it depends on what you are talking about...the Heaven and Hell Realms, or the astral plane that contains them, or what I call the White Hall...once you pass through the astral plane. So I'm thinking you are talking about the Heaven and Hell Realms. They do have what you might refer to as "time", though I call it Momentum there. But it is totally different than "here". You know how you can wake up to an alarm...hit snooze for 5 minutes....and then Dream a freakin mini series.... Those realms are like that. This is where the Christian religion gets all hung up with the concept of reincarnation, because somewhere in their scriptures it talks about spending an eternity in Heaven or Hell....And believe me it's true...but in our time here, it's like nothing, sometimes like a blink of an eye. You can live entire lives in these realms.... but then be reborn here....shortly after you died here...It's trippy. But here's something I want to pass on to you....the reason my teachers taught me this Art of Dying, was so that I could learn to avoid those heaven and hells.... they are fairly pointless after a certain point in human evolution.....so put this in your subconscious.... When you die.... lots of stuff can happen, Very distracting stuff, and being that the realm that you pass through is the astral plane, which you could call the plane of desire....there can be a lot of....distractions.. I won't go in to it all here unless someone actually shows an interest...but suffice to say, distractions are everywhere. BUT if you look straight ahead...and you will know what I'm talking about when it happens, you can see a small speck of light beyond all the....distractions. FOCUS on that, and because of the law of magnetism..and the law of attention and Intention which are very powerful there...you will be pulled into that light, skip those freakin pesky Heavens and Hells...not to mention the Constructs of Loved ones (those loved one's people talk about seeing ,"in the tunnel" during Near Death Experiences are not that at all, but are an astral energetic reflection of who they WERE...I call them "Constructs"...very distracting.... I mean, yes, we can encounter souls of our group, and gain guidance, but this does NOT HAPPEN in the "tunnel" (Which by the way is actually the spinal column.)
So that's a short answer.
Old 31-03-2016, 06:57 AM
Knower

And the white hall?
Old 31-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Experiencer
The Question inspired me to do a blog post....here it is...it can be seen Here http://mysticinpurgatory.blogspot.co...his-today.html but the words are below

The White Hall

I'm writing this today because I've re discovered a better place to go than Facebook to Communicate those things that matter most to me,(which don't seem to matter to too many people in the General Population) at least I hope it's better. I went to this "Spiritual Forum) years ago but became disillusioned because there were so many people going there just to......wallow in their "spiritual materialism". People who had read books or were just making stuff up, and were spouting things that they knew nothing about with great authority. What bothered me most was in areas where damage could be done because folks had just enough information to make what they shared dangerous. This was most apparent in areas such as Kundalini Yoga and Astral Projection/Travel... Where the wrong info applied by a person with a decent degree of Intention Development could damage themselves.... ( I know, I cheated and did most of the things my Teachers told me not to.....OUCH ). Anyway this place is a Spiritual forum you can find here.
What I'm talking about now is going to be what I call ,"the White Hall"...in response to a persons query to my use of the word in a thread about Death and the "Afterlife".

Since my Teachers didn't really use Language to teach, but more a Guided Experience....I've had to make up terms for all the things I experienced, and this can be problematic. The "White Hall is a perfect example because there are two places where I use this term.....and I'm not entirely positive that they are describing the same place. So I'll explain both.
The First time I remember in this Life going there was on the night of the day that I had what some call ,"an initiation".
I was this Normal seeming guy...it was 1970, or maybe early 1971. I had hiked up this little mountain called Mt. Helen or Ellen in the Santa Cruz Mtn's. This is a picture I took on that actual day.

Well the experience I had is a common one...well fairly common. I was just sitting there on top of the mountain overwhelmed by the beauty I was seeing...I started to Cry and thought," I wish I could keep this feeling forever".....my thought at the time was I wished I had a camera, that that would somehow save the experience. he he. Then a little voice in my head said,"Take it all in your mind, like a camera". I opened my eyes really wide and tried to see everything all at once. Next thing you know I Flash into this Light...brighter than anything on Earth..or the Sun....It's Bliss, then suddenly it's like I'm sitting on the outer edge of Creation, looking back in....and.... and what I saw was this Huge Golden Web of points of connected Light. ( I hadn't taken any drugs for those of you who might like to think that, I hadn't tried them YET, but started smoking pot right after that.) But Everything about me Changed then. I could "Feel" the Trees....I could listen to them.....and they led me immediately to a Bookstore in Palo Alto where I re connected with a Teacher from my last life. Blah, blah, blah..... Anyway, that night when I went to sleep I found myself in what I came to call,"The White Hall"... I called it that because it was nothing but White Light and the only outstanding feature was a man in front of me, in a white robe, teaching me stuff I would read the following day in White Magic by Alice Bailey, and a book on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjili...and one on Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines. I was only ever able to see his hands, each time I tried to look at his face I would dissolve into this Blissful White Light.... So I quit trying. Well I found myself there every night, and it was so trippy how the Techniques he taught me, I'd read about the next day, then Practice....And it was so easy..... (wish it still was, but I didn't listen once when I really should have....and am still paying the price for that.)
So that was what I first called ,"the White Hall".
I have to say though that it sort of Morphed over many years. At first it was just me and him....and all white. But later there was a whole bunch of people (and strange animals) and the lessons were not just conveyed one to one telepathically, but rather as ....HMMM??? Experiences....like tests is a "real" world...and the Hall became very Ornate, everything was like a Treasure..... So, that is the first place I used the term.
Then I was shown what I came to call, "Yoga of the Death State", which basically was dying without cutting that silver cord. And the main lesson here, the purpose of the whole teaching was to get me, "to the Light".....without falling into all the sidetracks (heavens, hells, constructs etc.) that tempt our attention in the "In Between Time".
Now what I have referred to here as ,"the White Hall" is that place you come into after you have spent as much time as possible in the Light. The whole purpose of my learning how to die, was so I could get to the Light....and learn to stay there as long as possible... This is where Hyper Evolution is possible. For those of you that have experienced this through Kriya or NDE's or whatever, you know what I'm talking about. It was a problem for me because my teachers had a "rule of Three"....which I suppose I was supposed to follow, But in this case I didn't. And I did the yoga of the death state as often as I could.....and each time I went into "the Light"...I came out a totally different person. This isn't so much a problem when you die, because folks in your new life have no idea who you used to be, and get to know who you are. But when you totally change on a daily basis into a completely different person..... the folks around you, "here"....kind freak out. This is a whole different story. Anyway after the time we spend ,"in the Light"... we come into this place that I have called, for lack of a better word, "the White Hall"....because it's all White and once again we are with Teachers and we are being Guided in creating the basic outline for our next life...an outline that will best serve our evolution...and the evolution of our Group.... As this is our souls prime directive....evolution that is.