Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 09-11-2011, 10:00 PM
OutWest

Question Is there such a thing as feeling an aura vs. seeing?

I apologize if this is not the right place for what I'm experiencing, but I'm not even sure what it is.

I grew up with a very strong sense of everyone and everything around me and when what my eyes and ears were telling me didn’t match my gut, it created a lot of confusion. Now that I’m an adult, I’ve come to understand that what I used to call “changes” and then “intuition” is now probably what people refer to as “energy”.

I know that I can sense energy, especially emotional energy. I don’t think I see auras, but I feel like a dang mirror or sponge at times and there are a lot of really nasty people in the world. Being out in public can be so hard because I lose focus very quickly, get disoriented and overwhelmed, depending on the situation. It’s hard to explain how it feels, but I’ve always though of it as “quiet noise“.

It’s the feeling you would get if a fire truck were to stop in front of you with it’s sirens blaring and you’re stuck there on the sidewalk without earplugs. Being around a lot of “busy” people is like firetrucks all around me. Even if I’m sitting with my eyes closed, I can feel it. I hope that makes sense and I swear, I’m not crazy! I just don’t know how else to describe it and don’t feel as though I can talk to anyone about it because it’s just so hard to explain without sounding like a crazy person. I hope someone here has some similar experiences and can help me understand it.

I did talk to a psychiatrist once (I was in the military and had to do the mandatory screening after I returned from Afghanistan) and he said that it sounded like I was “hyper vigilant” and suggested that I had PTSD. I laughed because I’ve been like this for as long as I can remember- I doubt that one can be born with PTSD. AND, I haven't experienced anything that was truly traumatic.

I just think that I can sense/feel what other’s are feeling and it used to be somewhat infrequent, but as time goes on, I am having a hard time. It’s why I was a terrible medic- I’m not squeamish and I know my stuff well, but to be with someone in pain is almost unbearable. I also "feel" people's personal spaces, such as a house even if they're not there. That's for another thread

The problem is that I can’t turn it off sometimes. I used to be able to sort of “block” it with an imaginary wall, but can’t get there as easily anymore.

Grocery shopping is the absolute worst and I usually end up going late at night or early morning, I just simply cannot handle the “noise” of others- especially in such a closed in space. I’ve had to leave the store a few times, cart filled and in the middle of the aisle.

I’m only 33 and have a lot of life to live. 3 years ago, I was managing, but feel like I’ve lost my ability to block it out. I also have a pre-teen daughter who’s going through her moody phase and being around her is completely exhausting.

I can easily know when someone is lying and ALWAYS know when someone has "bad" intentions and negativity in their "space". I can feel it, I just can't describe the physical sensation very well. When I don’t go with what I feel, the consequences are almost always catastrophic.

Does anyone understand what I’m talking about? Any advice on how to keep it “out” without completely shutting myself away from the world?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Master
Hi outwest

Hi Outwest, i went through something a little simlar to you when i lost my mam less than 2 years ago, i felt very irratable around people and noise just seemed to drive me nuts, i felt a lot of pressure on my crown chakra, and going to work and facing everyones negativity just really drained me. I could not wait to just get home and shut the door and have some peace and quiet. I know this is proberbly nowhere near to what you are experiencing, but i can just imagine a little with what i went through. I began working on my crown chakra after i was aware what was happening and after i did my reiki level one attunmement, also i found asking my angels to help shield me from negativity aswel as calling on archangel michael. I imagined myself in a bubble of white light, teflon coated, then i ask the angels to place a pink shield over that with a gold and silver shield on top. I then ask AA Michael to protect me from any negative energy directed towards me. You could try this and see if this helps?
I hope others on here can give you advice.
GA ;)x
Old 09-11-2011, 11:01 PM
OutWest

Thanks Golden Angel! I don't know much about Chakras, I am trying to learn and it sounds like I could start there. I always imagined my "wall" as a soft, white, fuzzy sort of wall. Maybe it should be a shield instead, and I am not being sarcastic :-) A fuzzy wall is much more penetrable than a shield. Can I ask why the colors of pink, gold and silver?

I do thank you so much, I don't think that what you felt was any less significant than my issue, especially since it followed such a loss.

Peace and love to your mom!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:08 PM
hootie

Hello Outwest,
I'm new to this forum but I can relate to what you are talking about. I have always been hypersentive too. I think it was because of how i was raised, in a dysfunctional environment where I had to struggle to survive from day to day.
After I left home and ventured out on my own, I guess I was too preoccupied with my own life to notice others in any special way. Now, however I am finding that the hypersensitivity has returned after my "awakening" even though I now live alone.

What works for me is to redirect my thoughts from unpleasant feelings. Listen to soothing music, or watch something funny on TV.
You can also try a physical activity such as going for a brisk walk outside.
Sometimes the bad experiences of our past reaches out to grab our attention. Maybe there is something you have overlooked.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Master
Outwest--

Sounds like you're an empath. Many here can help you learn to ground and protect yourself and, if you're luck, be able to "turn off" reception sometimes. I don't actually know how to but others do.

Too bad you couldn't have learned that earlier. You've lost lots of serenity, sounds like.

Good luck.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 10-11-2011, 03:09 AM
OutWest

Hootie- I have found that getting out for a walk or jog does do wonders and helps me find my balance a bit. I think it's a really wonderful thing that you've found your awakening, I had a rough period where I was in a pretty low spot, I felt pretty lost and was desperately trying to find a way to stop it all. I chose to drink myself silly to dull the world. My awakening came in the form of sobriety and ridding myself of negative influences. I'm happy that you mentioned that, I have been sober for over 5 years and have probably taken my strength for granted. So, thank you!

IsleWalker- I have been told that I had empathic qualities before, by a friend of my grandmother. I didn't really understand it fully at the time and when I did research the term, I wasn't really sure if I fit the bill. Now that I read more, I can see that nothing in life is black and white. I do hope to find help with grounding, and you are right, I have absolutely lost serenity. I feel more peace just from reading this, so Thank You!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Chayse

Hi OutWest - you sound like an empath (just like me!). Everything you are experiencing is normal and yes supermarkets and shopping centres can be pretty unpleasant. I usually break into a sweat and get light-headed from the sound. I've been learning and studying this for a very long time and it's a life long journey but things will be revealed to you as you go along, so best wishes on your journey and I'm glad you have found your people here.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:06 AM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutWest
I apologize if this is not the right place for what I'm experiencing, but I'm not even sure what it is.

I grew up with a very strong sense of everyone and everything around me and when what my eyes and ears were telling me didn’t match my gut, it created a lot of confusion. Now that I’m an adult, I’ve come to understand that what I used to call “changes” and then “intuition” is now probably what people refer to as “energy”.

I know that I can sense energy, especially emotional energy. I don’t think I see auras, but I feel like a dang mirror or sponge at times and there are a lot of really nasty people in the world. Being out in public can be so hard because I lose focus very quickly, get disoriented and overwhelmed, depending on the situation. It’s hard to explain how it feels, but I’ve always though of it as “quiet noise“.

It’s the feeling you would get if a fire truck were to stop in front of you with it’s sirens blaring and you’re stuck there on the sidewalk without earplugs. Being around a lot of “busy” people is like firetrucks all around me. Even if I’m sitting with my eyes closed, I can feel it. I hope that makes sense and I swear, I’m not crazy! I just don’t know how else to describe it and don’t feel as though I can talk to anyone about it because it’s just so hard to explain without sounding like a crazy person. I hope someone here has some similar experiences and can help me understand it.

I did talk to a psychiatrist once (I was in the military and had to do the mandatory screening after I returned from Afghanistan) and he said that it sounded like I was “hyper vigilant” and suggested that I had PTSD. I laughed because I’ve been like this for as long as I can remember- I doubt that one can be born with PTSD. AND, I haven't experienced anything that was truly traumatic.

I just think that I can sense/feel what other’s are feeling and it used to be somewhat infrequent, but as time goes on, I am having a hard time. It’s why I was a terrible medic- I’m not squeamish and I know my stuff well, but to be with someone in pain is almost unbearable. I also "feel" people's personal spaces, such as a house even if they're not there. That's for another thread

The problem is that I can’t turn it off sometimes. I used to be able to sort of “block” it with an imaginary wall, but can’t get there as easily anymore.

Grocery shopping is the absolute worst and I usually end up going late at night or early morning, I just simply cannot handle the “noise” of others- especially in such a closed in space. I’ve had to leave the store a few times, cart filled and in the middle of the aisle.

I’m only 33 and have a lot of life to live. 3 years ago, I was managing, but feel like I’ve lost my ability to block it out. I also have a pre-teen daughter who’s going through her moody phase and being around her is completely exhausting.

I can easily know when someone is lying and ALWAYS know when someone has "bad" intentions and negativity in their "space". I can feel it, I just can't describe the physical sensation very well. When I don’t go with what I feel, the consequences are almost always catastrophic.

Does anyone understand what I’m talking about? Any advice on how to keep it “out” without completely shutting myself away from the world?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I can totally relate to what you said. I cannot go shopping in a crowded store without becoming so agitated I turn into a complete melt down. At times it can really lay me out, I either leave or quit halfway through. But I work at Walmart......soooo I have to use protection from my Angels, AA angels, Protection angels.....I think I borrow half of heaven to get through a day some times!
I can also read people and pick up on emotions (hence the meltdowns) even when I'm not trying to. At times I will break the rules and talk to them without asking but alot of times I have to ask them and tell them what I'm getting. It surprises them for sure when someone knows what's going on with them.
I can tell you surrounding yourself with the "mirror" technique works pretty well. You picture yourself inside the mirror with the reflective part on the outside so that what ever comes at you is reflected away from you. Or the "egg", picture a bright white light coming out of the crown of your head, going down and under your feet, coming up the front and then "zip" it up. both of these work pretty well.

just my two cents and babbling hopefully it made a bit of sense.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
hootie

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
I can tell you surrounding yourself with the "mirror" technique works pretty well. You picture yourself inside the mirror with the reflective part on the outside so that what ever comes at you is reflected away from you. Or the "egg", picture a bright white light coming out of the crown of your head, going down and under your feet, coming up the front and then "zip" it up. both of these work pretty well.

just my two cents and babbling hopefully it made a bit of sense.

The mirror idea sounds like a good one. Often times I find myself "absorbing" or taking on the emotions of others. This can definitely cause meltdowns. Deflecting them can be very difficult if you don't have a plan. I will try this next time. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Aquarian

I suspect all aura perception is feeling, not seeing.

I couldn't be sure what's going on with you, probably a mix of perception and imagination, but if you expect to come across bad people in the world, you will.