Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Summerlander

Both Christianity and Chakras fall away from the box that is Summerlander's mind. I despise both concepts.
Old 15-05-2011, 09:17 PM
nightowl

I come form a Christian background. There are many views on such things within the church. It really depends on what type of Christianity you follow. The are legalistic denominations that would say it is wrong. If it isn't in the Bible then it isn't of God. Then there are those who probably wouldn't give it a second thought.

It really comes down to how it sits with your spirit Blanket. It comes down to your view of God. Does the concept of chakras resonate with your spirit? What do you believe is healing energy? God is really so much more then words can describe...hope you find what you are seeking.

nightowl
Old 15-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I was also a Christian growing up and think your view of Christianity is a little lopsided my friend. I have heard of Chakras and NEVER heard of them being considered ungodly or sinful. You sound like you have some serious resentment issues towards Christianity in general, based on this and many of your other posts.

Certainly there are more open minded Christians and churches out there, but from the background I came up in, they were not considered Christian.

So lopsided? No not really, especially when I combed the church denominations from Catholic to non-denominational and many in between and was told the same thing over and over again by numerous pastors and priests.

You see, when I began to explore more spiritual things outside of my known religion, I was curious and intrigued. I had read so many books dealing with topics that truly spoke to me. But out of respect for my religion, I checked in to make sure that my new discoveries were in union with my faith... and boy did I get a rude awakening and many hellfire and brimstone mini sermons tossed my way. And this was a quest that took place over many years, not just asking two or three men of the cloth their opinions on my new spiritual finding.... there were many.

After a period of time I felt i was denying my true self and walked away from Christianity. Resentful? Interesting word, and maybe not entirely incorrect in some respects. However, my biggest problem with Christianity are the many souls that it holds bound like I once was... I have a real desire to see such people free from the religious chains. The happiness that comes when you are no longer under some religion thumb is truly not able to be expressed or measured.

I am glad that your Christian experience was more open minded and not so strangling. But again, by many, they would not even be considered Christian. In the majority of Christian minds, if you are going outside the Bible, then you are getting away from the wisdom of God and playing with the doctrine of demons. You are then referred to as a cult or a sect.

This is not lopsided, it is the actual truth and way that the religion works by and large.

Peace
Old 15-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Blanket

Thank you all for your wonderful replies. I would reply to each of you individually because a lot of you said some really interesting and helpful things but unfortunately, there are too many posts to reply to each one individually! Lol but I thank you all again so much for answering!(: (: (:

I guess I should state the reason why I asked if chakras are considered sinful in the Christian religion. I'm asking because I personally do believe in Jesus and the Holy Trinity. I believe in all of that BUT I have some difficulties with the Bible and even with God. Therefore, I don't consider myself a "Christian" and if I were to sit here and tell all of you some of the weird things that have happened to me, then I think you would understand why I don't call myself a "Christian" anymore..I used to.

I personally believe that there's a high possibility that Christianity is the true religion..that's just me though. Of course, I could be wrong. This is the reason why I asked about chakras in the first place..

Me and my sister both believe in the Holy Trinity and all of that kind of stuff in the Christian religion..but we have had some really weird things happen to us, that I don't think would happen to a Christian or child of God..

Let me get to the real point of making this post. My sister was trying to sleep one day and she was in between sleep...and she saw someone who died with her Third Eye Chakra and this person was motioning for her to wake me up to make contact..
Now, I know that in the Christian religion, it is said that the dead can't come back to life or any of that. If a spirit claims to be a dead person, then that spirit has to be a "demon" or some other kind of dark force according to Christianity...but I don't really know what to think of my sister's experience...? I'm confused because she didn't try to make what happened to her, happen to her...she was trying to sleep...and this dead person just popped up in her Third Eye chakra motioning for her to wake me up so that we could communicate. I know that this is probably a dumb question but was this an evil experience for my sister to have? And if so, I don't think it's her fault because she wasn't trying to call up the dead or anything like that.

I would really like some opinions on this in particular subject that I just posted about. Any respectful opinions and replies are very welcomed with open arms and an open mind :) :)
Old 15-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Blanket

Also, I would like to include something else. One day, me and my sister were on different computers in our house and we were just kind of playing around with each other on Yahoo Messenger, messaging each other back and forth. And to make a long story short, I told my sister that there was something in particular about a certain person that I liked a lot and she knew exactly what it was. Now, I never told her what it was and I never ever said what it was out loud either. So how could she have known exactly what I was talking about? She told me that the person who I was talking about told her what it was that I liked about them. She said she saw this person with her Third Eye Chakra again and this person is dead..

Again, I'm very confused because I know that in Christianity, the dead don't come back to life and if they do, it's not really them..it's a demon or some other kind of dark force . But these experiences that my sister had concerning me and this in particular person don't seem to be evil at all to me..? But would these experiences be considered evil in the Christian religion???

Any respectful replies are welcomed, again :) :)
Old 16-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Mind's Eye

I just think your sister is very psychic.. Sometimes it does just happen to a person out of the blue one day and then their psychic gifts are up and running. There is nothing evil about what happened to her or what she saw. Even Jesus saw and spoke with Elijah and Moses at the transfiguration.

A lot of people seem to forget certain passages in the Bible or try to explain them away by saying they are evil or that they don't happen anymore... But upon close examination and deep questioning you will see that those who propose such things have a hard time explaining why they believe this because other verses of scripture will prove their point to be speculation rather than Bible based.

As long as no spirit ever asks you or your sister to do anything wrong, evil or harm another person you will be fine and know that that spirit has no dark intent. If a spirit ever asks either of you to do something wrong or harmful... just reject that spirit and refuse to follow its direction because then you will know that it is of a lower nature.
Old 16-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I just think your sister is very psychic.. Sometimes it does just happen to a person out of the blue one day and then their psychic gifts are up and running. There is nothing evil about what happened to her or what she saw. Even Jesus saw and spoke with Elijah and Moses at the transfiguration.

A lot of people seem to forget certain passages in the Bible or try to explain them away by saying they are evil or that they don't happen anymore... But upon close examination and deep questioning you will see that those who propose such things have a hard time explaining why they believe this because other verses of scripture will prove their point to be speculation rather than Bible based.

As long as no spirit ever asks you or your sister to do anything wrong, evil or harm another person you will be fine and know that that spirit has no dark intent. If a spirit ever asks either of you to do something wrong or harmful... just reject that spirit and refuse to follow its direction because then you will know that it is of a lower nature.

Thank you so much for your reply! :) :)
I believe my sister is psychic too and she believes that too. The problem with that is I thought that it said in the Bible that psychics were evil ..? :(
My sister can't help her psychic abilities...so if God punishes us all for something that we simply can not help, that is very unfair to me :( :(
I remember that story in the Bible when Jesus spoke to Elijah and Moses at the transfiguration and saw them...but I didn't think that would really count because they were biblical prophets..
The spirit that I cam into contact with wasn't a spiritual prophet lol. However, he was very sweet and loving and he seemed to miss me a lot..
I felt an immense feeling of familiarity with the spirit and he felt the same about me (my spirit)..

My grandmother told me and my sister about how somebody in the Bible raised Samuel from the dead and Samuel chastised him for it..that confused me..
Does that mean that dead people can't come to life at all and that any spirit who comes to us that claims to be someone died is evil or does that mean that dead people can come back from the dead but there might be some negative consequences with it?

I just thought what happened to my sister could've been evil because of the Christians I've been around...I don't know if I was taught wrong or what..
All I do know is that some of the spiritual things that happened and still happen to me and my sister both, are things that we do not cause to happen intentionally .

Do you have any idea about what the Bible says about spirits exactly? I mean verse-based? I'm just curious because I'm really confused and scared too..

I would like to see some Bible-based scriptures or something about dead people and spirits and things of that nature because I'm sick of going by what I was taught . It's becoming clear to me that some of the things that I was taught about the Bible and even God himself, were wrong..

The spirit that I came into contact with never made or convicted me or my sister to do anything harmful or uncomfortable . He seemed to be more focused on showing me love and trying to get into contact with me in any way that he possibly could..
Nothing was bad or evil about the things he did or said to me or my sister . My only problem is, I know that the dead can't come back..that's what the Bible says anyway, I think...doesn't it?
The only this is, the spirit that visited me claimed to be somebody in particular who died on this Earth...and the Bible speaks against things like that to my knowledge...that's why I'm scared and confused. I love this spirit who visited me...it's a natural love. I felt nothing but admiration and love for him..

Also, my sister tried to rebuke the spirit in Jesus' name and the spirit didn't shriek or leave . I was taught that demons or any other negative force has to leave whenever they are rebuked in the name of Jesus..

Anyways, sorry to write so much. Again, thank you so much for replying to me!
Old 16-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Bluegreen

What is written in the Bible should never be taken literally in my opinion.

Edgar Cayce was a devout Christian. He taught Sunday school. This is how he interpreted Revelations ( http://www.heartnsoul.com/revelation_explained.htm )

Quote:
Chapters 1-3: Letters to the Churches

Literal: John, on the island of Patmos, explains that he was in the Spirit when Christ appears to him standing in the midst of seven candlesticks. Christ then tells John to write down what he sees and hears concerning seven churches.

Interpretation:

While in meditation, John's conscious mind becomes open to his subconscious mind and his superconscious mind. The seven "churches" and the seven "seals" represent the seven "spiritual centers" (or "chakras") of the body where the physical, mental and spiritual forces all come together. The superconscious mind within John, tells him that anyone, who can regain control of these spiritual centers within their bodies, can access the superconscious mind, and never need to reincarnate again (Rev. 3:12).

Anything that inspires fear in people is wrong. In the case of the Bible you might want to ask yourself whether the interpretation is correct.

Blanket trust your feelings and listen to your inner voice.
Old 16-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanket
Thank you so much for your reply! :) :)
I believe my sister is psychic too and she believes that too. The problem with that is I thought that it said in the Bible that psychics were evil ..? :(
My sister can't help her psychic abilities...so if God punishes us all for something that we simply can not help, that is very unfair to me :( :(
I remember that story in the Bible when Jesus spoke to Elijah and Moses at the transfiguration and saw them...but I didn't think that would really count because they were biblical prophets..
The spirit that I cam into contact with wasn't a spiritual prophet lol. However, he was very sweet and loving and he seemed to miss me a lot..
I felt an immense feeling of familiarity with the spirit and he felt the same about me (my spirit)..

My grandmother told me and my sister about how somebody in the Bible raised Samuel from the dead and Samuel chastised him for it..that confused me..
Does that mean that dead people can't come to life at all and that any spirit who comes to us that claims to be someone died is evil or does that mean that dead people can come back from the dead but there might be some negative consequences with it?

I just thought what happened to my sister could've been evil because of the Christians I've been around...I don't know if I was taught wrong or what..
All I do know is that some of the spiritual things that happened and still happen to me and my sister both, are things that we do not cause to happen intentionally .

Do you have any idea about what the Bible says about spirits exactly? I mean verse-based? I'm just curious because I'm really confused and scared too..

I would like to see some Bible-based scriptures or something about dead people and spirits and things of that nature because I'm sick of going by what I was taught . It's becoming clear to me that some of the things that I was taught about the Bible and even God himself, were wrong..

The spirit that I came into contact with never made or convicted me or my sister to do anything harmful or uncomfortable . He seemed to be more focused on showing me love and trying to get into contact with me in any way that he possibly could..
Nothing was bad or evil about the things he did or said to me or my sister . My only problem is, I know that the dead can't come back..that's what the Bible says anyway, I think...doesn't it?
The only this is, the spirit that visited me claimed to be somebody in particular who died on this Earth...and the Bible speaks against things like that to my knowledge...that's why I'm scared and confused. I love this spirit who visited me...it's a natural love. I felt nothing but admiration and love for him..

Also, my sister tried to rebuke the spirit in Jesus' name and the spirit didn't shriek or leave . I was taught that demons or any other negative force has to leave whenever they are rebuked in the name of Jesus..

Anyways, sorry to write so much. Again, thank you so much for replying to me!

This is why I ask tough questions about religion that some folks do not like, because they cannot really answer those questions. Religion confuses people or makes them afraid. There are many people like your sister and religion has them thinking they are doing something evil and that God will punish them.... he will not.

I once asked the question that if a man created life and that life was murderous and evil and the man knew it, yet he set it free into society... would the man who created that evil life form be responsible for the lives that his creation took. Most people answered yes, that the man would be responsible for the terror and evil of his creation.

But then when I asked if God should be held responsible for creating Lucifer, who would later become Satan and cause all kinds of evil on mankind... people got mad. They said God could do whatever he wanted to do because he is God. It didn't matter whether God knew before hand that Lucifer would become evil or whether God was taken by surprise at Lucifer's rebellion.. most said that God's ways are higher than our ways and He could do whatever he wanted to do without question from a worthless, sinning man.

The above of course is a religious answer that contains very little logic and makes man responsible for doing or creating evil, but God can break his own rules and not pay for his wicked deeds in a place called hell. As you can see, this makes no sense and calls into question the words, "God is love."

This is why you feel confused and question things about God concerning your sister. Because religion places heavy loads that are impossible to lift on the shoulders of people... and those loads are weighed down with doctrines and ideas that trouble people when real life happens to them. Yet the religionists cannot explain their own foolish ideas and all they can usually say is, "God's ways are higher than our ways and he can do whatever he wants to. And no man can question because were all just mortals and sinners... I'm sure there's a purpose for it that we don't know yet."

And that is a cop out... It is the same premise as believing in Santa when you are a child. We are told that Santa loves all God's children and delivers presents to all the good little girls and boys on Christmas Eve night. Yet we all knew of a poor family who did not get any presents from Santa, even though their children were decent and well mannered. Our parents couldn't explain why Santa passed the poor family by because Santa was a story that was not thought through very well by some adults.... The same idea can be applied to religion. Many religious rules and doctrines were created by the men in power to lord over the people when the people were not so educated and more gullible. But now most people are educated and can reason things out in a more logical manner... and the heads of religion are having trouble explaining their Santa-like doctrines to the masses.
Old 16-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Time

I was raised catholic ( the borther/father of christianity).

I dont think the bible itself teaches that chakras are bad. In fact they arent mentioned at all. Most christians take " thou shall not take false idols" a bit out of context and apply it to anything other then christianity. Not to mention all the talk of " to be saved you have to belive in god", " god is the only way" etc.

As far as I know, the bible doesnt blatently say the belif in other things are wrong. Constantine, one of the fathers of modern christianity/catholicism, ws a sort of half christian half pagan, only being baptised on his death bed, but practicing christianity, with some pagan taditions thrown in ( he practiced some of the pagan rituals).

Like most of the "mainstream" traditions of christianity ( against homosexuals, sex befoe marrige, and others), they are only brougt up by misinterpreting the passage, or taking a passage way to literaly.

For instance, the story of lot hiding the angels in his house, is ususaly "proof", that god hates homosexuals, because the passage references the men of the city crying out " let the men come out so we may know them". Now the word "know,. or knew" is used to reference sex in the OT, and is used in many places mefore and after the mentioning of a child being born. God/those angels destroyed the city, accoding to most christians " because the men were homosexual".

The actual passage mentioned " men, WOMEN AND CHILDREN", crying out , bring them out so we may know them". IT is actualy constituting gang rape ( and yes, homosexuality, but not JUST homosexuality), and the city was destroyed because they were unwelcoming and cruel to all visitors, be it man or woman. The only reason Lot didnt get killed, is becasue he was related to noahs line, and he was the only one in the whole city who was kind enough to offer the "travelers (angels), food and rest, keeping with the rule of helping people.

The same goes for believing on other things other then the bible. Whos to say god didnt create chakras? Id say as long as you respect the fact that your alive, the eaerth and everything on it as best you can, your good to go. Dont let a book and other people interpretations of that book rule your life...