Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 14-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOnqQHGVt0M

"What is 'Real' ? How do you define, 'Real'?

When you think of the story in the Bible, about the "Garden of Eden", you may focus on the fruit of the tree, or the serpent... sex, or the Garden itself.

However, what it is really about, is "Desire", and appropriation of something.
To reach out, grasp, attain...

As discussed in both Buddhism and Christianity.
The above YouTube video is a short discussion on the nature of, "reality".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Master
Think about when you were a child.
How long did a day last? A week?
How about Summer Vacation? It was like, "forever".

Once again, indicative of the greater reality, and Truth...
Timlessness, and Eternity.

Did time seem to speed up or slow down?.
...Everything seemed to be happening at once;
or time stopped or lost all meaning....Subjectively, it seemed I was there for "a long time".
Time seemed irrelevant or meaningless there.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/gillian_m_nde.htm

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Master
"In the 1999 sci-fi film classic The Matrix, the protagonist, Neo, is stunned to see people defying the laws of physics, running up walls and vanishing suddenly. These superhuman violations of the rules of the universe are possible because, unbeknownst to him, Neo’s consciousness is embedded in the Matrix, a virtual-reality simulation created by sentient machines.

The action really begins when Neo is given a fateful choice: Take the blue pill and return to his oblivious, virtual existence, or take the red pill to learn the truth about the Matrix and find out “how deep the rabbit hole goes."

http://discovermagazine.com/2013/dec/09-do-we-live-in-the-matrix#.Uo22ZNIvt8H?ico=ushome^editors_choice

"This cosmic ray test may help reveal whether we are just lines of code in an artificial Matrix, where the established rules of physics may be bent, or even broken. But if learning that truth means accepting that you may never know for sure what’s real — including yourself — would you want to know?"

Old 09-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d0vtFja9GE&feature=related

Ego, the Worst confidence Trick.

As well... "The Dirty Trick" - Article from Scientific American

http://app1.scientificamerican.com/article/mind-reviews-the-self-illusion/

"...consider an experiment in the 1980s by physiologist Benjamin Libet. He showed that neural activity reveals what an individual will do before that person becomes conscious of having made a decision."

Old 11-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOnqQHGVt0M

"What is 'Real' ? How do you define, 'Real'?

When you think of the story in the Bible, about the "Garden of Eden", you may focus on the fruit of the tree, or the serpent... sex, or the Garden itself.

However, what it is really about, is "Desire", and appropriation of something.
To reach out, grasp, attain...

As discussed in both Buddhism and Christianity.
The above YouTube video is a short discussion on the nature of, "reality".
I enjoyed the video. I just wish something like it could be made without using the words real or illusion. It is contradictory, word wise, to say that thoughts create and then call those creations illusions. It suggests, to me anyway, a state of "being" beyond it... And that is the source of conflict for many seekers who cannot find what isn't so.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:14 AM
Master
Thanks.

The Matrix seemed very real to those within it, no? And, in that respect, it was. - True?

But, objectively speaking, what is the greater truth and reality?

Old 12-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Master
I think using the words like real limit what this is. I think such words, including illusion are an attempt to grasp what cannot be grasped.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Master
So then, there are the words, "Matrix", and, "Maya".

Old 12-02-2014, 02:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
So then, there are the words, "Matrix", and, "Maya".
Beyond the words, there is something else and it cannot be described. When I hear them I sense how off they are and looking back I see how confused they made me because the words represent something that does not properly represent this.
Old 13-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Master
"Faith comes by hearing... and hearing by the word..."

It's nice to feel exclusive, isn't it. But in reality, we are all in the same boat.