Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 16-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Hi mogenblue,

That all sounds fantastic! I would love to make my own foods except that I am not into cooking. It would definitely save me money. Personally the only thing I am good at preparing is vegan chocolate chip cookies. I definitely agree about the animal foods blocking your sensitivity. Maybe once people who go vegan let go of their fears they start to see it.

What is your recipe for vegan choc chip cookies? I would very much like that! I adore choc chip cookies!
Old 16-12-2015, 02:02 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
There is only one way to find out. One have to believe and see where it takes you. For now I am shown that it is possible, when I know more I will speak of it with more depth haha... or one can just enjoy life and see where the heart takes one

When you do, it will become the next big diet craze sweeping the world!
Old 16-12-2015, 02:34 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
What is your recipe for vegan choc chip cookies? I would very much like that! I adore choc chip cookies!

I just PM'd the recipe your way. Enjoy!
Old 16-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
Here is my favorite youtube video for using a soymilk machine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrSXqKnzcfc
This machine and her way of doing it is a lot like mine. I suppose everybody has their own recipe.
I use 90 grams of soy beans (soak them overnight) together with 2 tbs of oats for 1.2 liter and when the machine is ready I throw the pulp back in the milk and mix it together with sugar, vanilla essence and cocoa powder. I love chocolate milk.
By throwing the pulp back I get a nice thick milk and I don't lose any of the precious nutritions. Using oats adds thickness.

I also use it to make hazelnut and almond milk.
I tried rice milk once or twice. Easy enough with this machine but it made me gain weight a lot right the next day. So I don't do that anymore.

I'm just crazy about this machine. I think I have it maybe 2 or 3 years by now. If it would break I would buy a new one right away. I earned it back in just 3 or 4 months. Since then it's saving me lots of money.
That's how my addiction with making my own food started.

I just watched the video, and now I am almost tempted to buy it. As if I need more stuff.
Old 16-12-2015, 02:48 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
They actually can, since spirituality has nothing to do with diet. Depending on what consciusness you dwell in diet will or will not have an effect on your sensitivity. If one was 100% spiritual they would rely on nothing but spirit for nourishment.

Ramana Maharshi said it does not matter what one eats when one has reached the end, but he recommended satvic diet in limited quantities to other people. So your statement may be true for enlightened people, but not practical for the rest.

To eat whatever one wants is wishful thinking, and I once maintained such thoughts. Having tried both, my experience is that the satvic diet is much better. I found the body-mind to become a better tool.

Some buddhists would argue it does not matter, but I would not want to go through their meditation with a mind resulting from a bad diet... Or we could as well say it does not matter if we overeat all the time, believing we can just switch our consciousness as we wish, without being very advanced in the first place (if that was what you suggested).
Old 17-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi. I became a vegetarian about 6 months ago, so I'm still relatively new to the lifestyle, but I have definitely noticed changes to my disposition and relationships to other beings. I feel a more gentle harmony within all life and it is significantly motivating in many aspects. I don't think it is inherently 'wrong' to consume meat/animal products. I still eat free range/organic eggs. I would prefer to purchase them directly from a farm so I am more aware of how the chickens are treated (i.e. not coldly slaughtering male chicks/roosters). Also, I treat cheese as a delicacy. Almond/cashew milk I think is really delicious and nutricious . I exercise regularly and take a few non gmo, vegan supplements, mainly from 'Garden Of Life'. I would definitely recommend their products as I have experienced significant benefits from them. It's also funny because many in the fitness community consume mucho protein (predominantly animal derived), and I was a bit worried that removing many products from my diet would take away from my progress or reduce my lean muscle mass altogether. However, I am happy to say since becoming vegetarian I have added healthy weight, removed fat, and increased my strength to new personal bests.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Master
Quote:
That's great! I am always glad to hear stories like this.

I wanted to add too that by me doing this change I don't feel superior at all of no one. That's not me at all. The purpose of me doing this is NOT to be part of animal cruelty and to be more close to mother nature. To feel more connected to my spiritual side.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Strangefellow
Hi. I became a vegetarian about 6 months ago, so I'm still relatively new to the lifestyle, but I have definitely noticed changes to my disposition and relationships to other beings. I feel a more gentle harmony within all life and it is significantly motivating in many aspects. I don't think it is inherently 'wrong' to consume meat/animal products. I still eat free range/organic eggs. I would prefer to purchase them directly from a farm so I am more aware of how the chickens are treated (i.e. not coldly slaughtering male chicks/roosters). Also, I treat cheese as a delicacy. Almond/cashew milk I think is really delicious and nutricious . I exercise regularly and take a few non gmo, vegan supplements, mainly from 'Garden Of Life'. I would definitely recommend their products as I have experienced significant benefits from them. It's also funny because many in the fitness community consume mucho protein (predominantly animal derived), and I was a bit worried that removing many products from my diet would take away from my progress or reduce my lean muscle mass altogether. However, I am happy to say since becoming vegetarian I have added healthy weight, removed fat, and increased my strength to new personal bests.

Good for you!! I have never tried cashew milk but now that you mentioned it I think I want to try it. I have always though of buying it but I'm afraid that the taste might be to strong. I do love Almond milk, hopefully it taste close to it.
Old 18-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
Good for you!! I have never tried cashew milk but now that you mentioned it I think I want to try it. I have always though of buying it but I'm afraid that the taste might be to strong. I do love Almond milk, hopefully it taste close to it.

I too am in the never tried cashew milk - love almond milk category. Maybe I'll give it a try soon.
Old 18-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:
I too am in the never tried cashew milk - love almond milk category. Maybe I'll give it a try soon.

I will let you know if I like it!