Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-04-2015, 12:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waller
Agree.

Enough have claimed seeing (something like a) silver cord that its existence isn't of debate. The question is why some create a reality that it exists, others not.

my thoughts are that it isn't a matter of creating a reality where the cord exists, it depends which body you are using to AP.
Old 26-04-2015, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
my thoughts are that it isn't a matter of creating a reality where the cord exists, it depends which body you are using to AP.

Yes maybe it is that. Do you think it might be an 'etheric body' phenomenon?
Old 26-04-2015, 12:14 AM
Master
I can't say for sure. I'm looking into the possibility of it being the opposite also, or an entirely different body.
Old 26-04-2015, 06:56 AM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
-then yes it might be possible there is an 'anchoring' effect psychologically from feeling and seeing a cord. It's saying "You are not adrift in the 'unknown' ".....(?)

Anchoring. Yes. That says it better than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
But the very feeling of complete non-attachment to the physical form when out of body is a wonderful feeling in itself. Many of my OBEs have been quite brief, but that sensation is paramount in every one of them. In them, I have no concern whatsoever for the physical body, because "I" am the "out of body person" at that moment.
Maybe that's why I don't feel a cord.....(don't know for sure but it's interesting.)

That's it. That sense of non-attachment, of freedom. It never occurred to me that I needed something other than the experience itself. I just AM when "OBEing".
Old 26-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Suspended

Robert Bruce in his book Astral Dynamics has said quite a bit about the 'silver cord'.

Quote:
There is disagreement about the silver cord's existence and location. Some people claim that it is attached to the navel, some that it is attached to the brow, and others claim that it does not exist at all. My out-of-body observations show the silver cord does indeed exist, but is seen only when deliberately looked for.
The attachment site of the silver cord on the physical body is extremely difficult to ascertain during projection. There appear to be several smaller cords, one extending from each of the primary energy centers (major chakras) of the physical/etheric body, as well as many smaller, wispy filaments extending from some of the larger secondary energy centers (minor chakras), especially in the torso and head areas. These appear to flow over the surface of the physical body and finally web together to form a single main cord, a couple of inches from the surface of the physical body. To my way of thinking, the silver cord is attached not to the physical body but to the etheric body.

The attachment of the silver cord to the projected double
appears to be at a single point only and shows no such weblike structure of smaller filaments making up a larger main silver cord. The silver cord is not always attached to the same area on every projected double. It will always be seen on the side directly facing the location of the projector's physical body, but this direction can often be quite difficult to ascertain, dimensionally speaking.
There are several possible reasons for reports by many different projectors over the years of different silver cord locations on the projected double. The first is the effect belief can have on the fluid out-of-body environment, and hence on the appearance of the projected double. Beliefs are strong foundation structures for thought. They can have a strong effect on what is perceived during any projection.

Just as self-image shapes the projected double, so the silver cord will usually be seen just where it is expected to be seen. If a silver cord is not believed in, and as a result is not expected, it usually will not be seen or noticed at all during a projection, even if actively looked for.
I remember, during early childhood projections, seeing my silver cord as attached to my navel area. I had no beliefs that could affect the silver cord at this time, having no idea what it was — which adds weight to my observations. I have since observed the silver cord attached to three other places on my projected double: chest, throat, and brow. This positioning seems to vary according to the type of projection I am experiencing at the time.
The silver cord is named for its overall silvery, sparkling appearance. It is quite beautiful. It seems to vary in size and apparent density, probably affected by the energies flowing through it at the time of observation. It usually appears to be about an inch or two in diameter. The outer covering of the silver cord glows with a faintly sparkling-silver hue, but closer inspection reveals a constantly moving, multicolored, speckled type of structure all through it. Inside the silver cord, clouds of tiny, fast-moving motes of energy can be seen flowing rapidly in all directions. This looks
a bit like the moving static seen on a color TV that has been tuned off-station. Projectors touching the silver cord or passing their hands through it sometimes feel a faint tingle.
In real time, if closely observed, the location of the silver cord is seen to change as the projected double moves and turns. It always stays fairly straight, never bent or kinked, and is always seen on the side of the projected double facing its physical body. This in itself can cause the silver cord to
be seen as being attached to a variety of locations on the projected double. In more dimensionally removed areas, where there is no real direction toward the physical body, the silver cord is usually seen extending from the front of the projected double.

Also william Buhlman describes seeing his dog's silver cord:

Quote:
ournal Entry, October 17, 1983
I feel a strange vibration and tingling throughout my body. Recognizing that I must be in the vibrational state, I focus all my attention on the sensation of floating out of my physical body. Within seconds I float up and away from my body and slowly glide feet first toward the bedroom door. With a sense of absolute amazement I enter the structure of the door and feel its vibrational energy as I float effortlessly through it, keeping my eyes open. The door looks like an energy fog shaped and formed into an ethereal mold.
After floating through the door, I think of standing and I’m instantly in the living room, standing next to the sofa and looking around the room. As I look around I notice that a strange small form appears to be following me. Staring, I recognize our beagle puppy, McGregor. I’m amazed because I’ve never seen an animal when out-of-body. He appears surprisingly natural and solid as he wags his tail and looks up at me. I notice that his eyes are shining and then I see something else: there’s a thin filament like a spider’s web stretching from his body and extending back toward the bedroom. Out of curiosity I bend down and touch the thin silvery strand. Instantly, the puppy disappears. I’m startled by the rapid change and snap back to my physical body.
As my numbness quickly fades, I can feel the dog physically

Also, he says:

Quote:
Does the biblical silver cord exist?
The biblical concept of the silver cord is accurate. According to my observations, it is not actually a cord but a thin, fibrous substance similar in appearance to a spider’s web. The silver cord appears to function as the connection between the physical body and the first inner energy-body of all life-forms. Though its complete function is unknown, it’s logical that it may act as an inner energy conduit. One thing is certain, when the cord is severed, the biological life ends.
Old 26-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Everly

durgaa quoted Robert Bruce in his book Astral Dynamics:

There is disagreement about the silver cord's existence and location. Some people claim that it is attached to the navel, some that it is attached to the brow, and others claim that it does not exist at all. My out-of-body observations show the silver cord does indeed exist, but is seen only when deliberately looked for.

This only means that if you believe in it, you'll see it. It has no bearing on its absolute existence. Perhaps those who do not seek it, do not need it.

And I have to laugh at someone voicing opinion who states "One thing is certain...". It's certain? Really? Wow...it must be nice to know it all, Mr. Bruce. I've lived long enough to know that nothing is certain. I've had enough experiences to know that what we believe is true today will likely change tomorrow or the next day or next year or...
Old 27-04-2015, 01:22 AM
Suspended

Everly, your twisting his words to suit your own scepticism.
The silver cord has been spoken about in every occult and Spiritual tradition for thousands of years. Great Adepts have confirmed it's existence. lf you want to believe it's imagination that's up to you, but l'm inclined to believe it's an objective reality..
Famous Yogi's (one who could leave her body from the age of 5), and advanced occultists, have also said if the cord is severed it causes death - and that it naturally disintegrates at the time of death. l'm pretty sure this is a certainty that won't change anytime soon. So, who am l to disagree with them..
This is what one well-known female Yogi, who had incredible occult powers, called The Mother, said:

Quote:
The Mother has often reminisced about the fantastic occult world of Tlemcen. However interesting those anecdotes or those countless occult miracles may be, the broad picture behind them is much more important. Alma and Max Théon had immediately felt who Mirra essentially was and they gave her an intense occult training, in 1906 and 1907, both times from July to October. Mirra’s unusual capacities made her a student who quickly equalled her teachers. Like Alma she was able to leave her gross material body, then the subtle body, then the next still more subtle body, and so on — twelve times one after the other, because each successive body consisted of the ever subtler substance of the twelve worlds gradually ascending from our material world up to the highest, outer limit of the manifestation. But always there is the silver cord or thread of life which has to keep connecting the subtle bodies with their material base on earth, for if it snaps one loses contact with the material world and dies. Once, during a working session, Théon had a terrible outburst of anger, thus cutting off Mirra’s silver thread; happily both of them were sufficiently knowledgeable to connect it again with her material body (after she had been dead for a short while!).
Old 27-04-2015, 03:32 AM
Master
when my father and my sister astral travelled (they didn't know what it was, because they didn't know about things like this, im speaking like about 50ish years ago or more) my father always said he was attached by a silver cord, my sis also.....he saw it......So I truly believe it, because no one in my family knew about spirituality....my father was an atheist, so it wouldn't have been something he knew about way back when he was a young man...He was born in the 1920's.......he always spoke of his premonition dreams and his out of body events, like it was everyday communication in our family......my older sister was the same....
Old 27-04-2015, 04:16 AM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
Everly, your twisting his words to suit your own scepticism.
The silver cord has been spoken about in every occult and Spiritual tradition for thousands of years. Great Adepts have confirmed it's existence. lf you want to believe it's imagination that's up to you, but l'm inclined to believe it's an objective reality..
Famous Yogi's (one who could leave her body from the age of 5), and advanced occultists, have also said if the cord is severed it causes death - and that it naturally disintegrates at the time of death. l'm pretty sure this is a certainty that won't change anytime soon. So, who am l to disagree with them..
This is what one well-known female Yogi, who had incredible occult powers, called The Mother, said:

I didn't twist anything. I'm simply astonished at anyone who is so certain about matters of opinion. But please show me what I twisted. I quoted from his work, which you posted and I assume it's correct. And then I commented on it. How is that twisting?

The cord has not been "spoken about in every occult and Spiritual [sic] tradition for thousands of years" (emphasis mine). Believe me, I understand overstatement to make a point but that's just ridiculous.

I've spent decades studying many religions, traditions and philosophies. They do not all "preach the cord". Because certain occultists do believe in it, does not make it so. A hundred people can write that the sun is made of cool water and the writings can be passed down for centuries, but it still doesn't make it so. It is their experience, their belief. One size just doesn't fit all.

As for The Mother.... I knew one of her followers fairly well, so let's not go there.

There are "famous" people of all kinds who do not believe in the idea of a cord. That they do not believe does not make their opinions fact, either. It's simply personal experience and personal belief system, not some kind of universal truth or fact. People who are certain about these things are hard to listen to because I prefer open and flexible minds.
Old 27-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Master
Everly clearly believes she doesn't have one, why she also believes she personally sets the paradigm for all others is beyond logic, but not beyond understanding, this is the nature of belief.

I also prefer "open and flexible minds".