Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 03-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Seeker

Native American Drums

About 4 yrs ago I heard Native American drums outside my window. At the time I was living in Upstate NY in the Cayuga nation. One night around 11, I heard drumming outside my window at the time i was living on the 4th floor of my building.I heard it come from outside window but when I went to my window no one was there. It was pitch black outside beside the streetlights. I stood at my window for at least 2/3 mins pass before the drumming stopped. I ask my neighbors if they'd heard anything and they said no. It only occurred once. It was a few days before thanksgiving.

uhhh I'm unaware of where or who was playing the music but I wanted to know if anyone had any ideals as to what this means. I'm not apart of the indigenous community at all but I found it strange that i was the only one that heard the music that night. I can't really research anything because I honestly have never experience anything like this before.

Thanks,Journey
Old 03-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Suspended
Most people keep there widows closed. You were the only one that had an open window.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Seeker

Well On my floor everyone keeps there windows open.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Experiencer

There are a lot of cds with drumming you know.. I used to go to a Drum circle. to play mine..great energy..
Old 10-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
There are a lot of cds with drumming you know.. I used to go to a Drum circle. to play mine..great energy..

There was no drum circle it was pitch black outside.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman

There was no drum circle it was pitch black outside.
Old 13-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Knower
The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I heard the drums outside y window at night. It sounded distant but clear. It was followed the next night by a vision and message from a Dakota Elder spirit guide. Maybe your guide is near you and that might be his way of showing up or preparing you.

I love the drums, they always make me tear up for some reason.
Old 17-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Pathfinder

Last summer I joined a weeklong retreat in Great Falls, MT, that included great lectures and excursions to scenic and culturally interesting sites. One of our lecturers DF was a Blackfoot chaplain who shared how a secret Sundance ritual helped cure his alcoholism and depression about his identity. I won't discuss the whole ritual. At one point, all the initiates lay on the floor in the pitch dark, listening to drumming and chanting. Then this drumming gave way to paranormal drumming by a spirit drummer that DF heard just above his head. The spirit touched him lovingly during this disembodied drumming. DF resisted the temptation to reach up and try to grab the spirit drummer who touched him! DF insists that the pure unconditional love he experienced during the Sundance ritual helped him overcome his depression and alcoholism.
Old 18-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Suspended
This shows that the Native American cultures like the Lakota, knew observable human Psychology quite well. This proves they had effective treatment plans, through out the ages. So much for the flintstone-jetson myth.