Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Ascender

Redemption lies in guilt. If you are truly remorseful for what you have done then a lesson can be gained from it. Hopefully through the expreience of realising your mistakes you will strive for what is right. And who says you can't make amends to those you have hurt?
Old 26-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Master
Guilt is not something that you are born with, it is not part of your nature. Guilt is created by the society. For example, every religion creates guilt — in different ways, but the technique is the same. All the religions live, thrive, on guilty human beings. First make them guilty — once you have succeeded in making somebody feel guilty, you have almost killed his spirit. Now he will be a soulless slave to you.Osho
Old 26-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Master
Guilt is a futile emotion, it is a waste of your good energy...you cannot change past events ever, so it's pointless in grieving over it........however, you can learn from your mistakes and move forward, make amends by saying sorry to the ones you have hurt and mean it from the heart.

Keeping guilt is doing you no good it is a highly negative emotion......let it go.... Tell God (or your higher power) that you are sorry and ask for forgiveness from it, and from yourself. You can be a much better person from this moment on.........
Old 26-01-2011, 10:39 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I feel guilty and ashamed for things I have done and decisions I have made in the past. Rationalizing it like councelor's have said," You did the best you could at the time...blah, blah, blah...doesn't work. I can only feel better by fixing the past, by correcting it and I can't do that because I can't go back in time. It sucks.
Actually, you can change the past.. I have a meditation if you like you can try..?

The real truth of it is.. the past is illusion.. the only time that exists is now.. but many of us carry our past into the present.. just like you’re doing right now, when you say.. I did something bad.. and you remind yourself right now in the present and re-create what you say "you don't want"
Quote:
I am upset because I hurt the one's I love. Even though now, we all have great relationships and I am a much better person. used to be unstable with Bipoar illness and no meds and alcohol bingeing. Now I am sober and steady and stable with mental illness under control. Now I fel I'm making excuses for my past behaivior.
This game of earth is just a game.. just as you are eternal being.. you can't hurt the ones you love.. that is a illusion we created for this reality.. so do yourself a favor and FORGIVE yourself.. because the only person hurting is you..

When you play the "I was bad game" "I was a victim of bipolar" it's you that is hurting.. not them.. forgive yourself know that you and them are pure positive beings of light.. and just choose to stop playing the game!
Quote:
I can't escape myself. Does anyone know an affirmation to help fix the past?
I am a powerful creator of my reality.. I choose to create happiness and love for the rest of my life!

You can't fix the past by focusing on in it.. you focus on the NOW and change what you are re-creating from the past..

I also second the study of abraham-hicks from EarthMamma they are wonderful teachers!

Here is piece of a huge wealth of information from them on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8rkvEaVrG0
Old 26-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
I feel guilty and ashamed for things I have done and decisions I have made in the past.

Hi Windy

Imagine what It's like for those that are not aware as to why they are feeling guilty. Be glad that you have the chance to bring peace to that aspect of yourself.

As many others have stated forgiveness IS the only key. Forgiveness tho without sincerity Is as much use as an empty promise.

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 26-01-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 26-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Deactivated Account
We all do stuff that we're not proud of and bitterly regret. It's part of being human. The words "you did what you could at the time" is correct and relevant. The important thing is that you clearly care. Now let it go. Guilt keeps you tied to the past and serves no other purpose rather than make you miserable and self absorbed whereas you could turn your guilt into something productive to help others. Imagine if no one ever made a single mistake in life- we wouldn't learn much would we? People hurt and get hurt, it's all part of life. But we can use the hurt we feel by channelling it into helpful deeds.
Old 26-01-2011, 03:14 PM
elaine

There is not a person on this planet who is perfect, nor with out faults of some kind or another. We have a choice on how we feel, we can wallow in it, or say..."Ok,that was then, this is now!" If we are willing to forgive ourselves, we can then become the person we want to become.

The bag of guilt becomes heavier each day, and how we, think, has a profound effect on our whole being. Except your mistakes, and see the past as just that...the past.

If you are religious, could going to confession help there? If that is not for you, if God can forgive, we have to see that all can be forgiven with a open heart, a honest mind to truly change. Be that change in YOU.

You can do it, make today, the first step towards that goal.
Old 26-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Probably a good time to mention -what Vivekananda said -
There are 2 doors into the Mind - the front door and the back door.
The front door is Pride and the backdoor is Guilt.

(The Mind in the East representing the source of pain - worry, doubt, fear, anger, desires, envy, lust, depression - etc. You know, Ego, devil.... that which separates us from our Higher Self or God- consciousness.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Guide
I also suffer from bipolar illness and I lost the great love of my life over a stupidity I'd have given my life to go back in time and make up for it... but YOU CAN'T. Really this ate up my heart. I felt so bad for what happened.

It is hard letting go. I'm still struggling as well. What I did was attend an evening of Matrix Energetics (not saying you need to do the same thing, eh!) and I told the woman I had a big emotional problem. When she did her movements, something inside me shouted "let go!" and I let myself fall backwards and was caught (there is always a catcher behind you!). So, not saying you need to try Quantum Matrix, but you have to let go. Let go of the past and be free.

Imagine it... imagine the persons you harmed. Imagine them feeling bad, crying, imagine them sad for the things you did to them. Then console them, soothe them, send out all your love for them until they stop crying. Shrink them down into tiny figurines, until they can take place in your heart. Place them there and fill your heart with light. Imagine them saying: Thank you. You are now free of guilt. We are now bound by light.

Try this... let go.
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 26-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Neville

Our mistakes are lessons too, learning experiences, I was at one time regarded as evil by certain individuals and on reflection , I can understand why they felt that way. In order to decide that devil is not for you, you have to have a little dance with him and attempt to get to know him.

Our understanding is as defined by that we choose not to be as that we choose to be.

In my experience, the best drug or alcohol councillors are those that were once intimately involved with them. The best Lightworkers are those who have an understanding of what they seek to deal with that has been garnered through personal experience.

The pain we carry is an important part of us, it defines us but should never master us.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, the dark psths in life have their reason for being. self forgiveness and self love are paramount if ever you are to forgive and love others.