Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 21-01-2011, 05:26 PM
windwhistle

Guilt over past deeds

I feel guilty and ashamed for things I have done and decisions I have made in the past. Rationalizing it like councelor's have said," You did the best you could at the time...blah, blah, blah...doesn't work. I can only feel better by fixing the past, by correcting it and I can't do that because I can't go back in time. It sucks.

I am upset because I hurt the one's I love. Even though now, we all have great relationships and I am a much better person. used to be unstable with Bipoar illness and no meds and alcohol bingeing. Now I am sober and steady and stable with mental illness under control. Now I fel I'm making excuses for my past behaivior.

I can't escape myself. Does anyone know an affirmation to help fix the past?
Old 21-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I feel guilty and ashamed for things I have done and decisions I have made in the past. Rationalizing it like councelor's have said," You did the best you could at the time...blah, blah, blah...doesn't work. I can only feel better by fixing the past, by correcting it and I can't do that because I can't go back in time. It sucks.

I am upset because I hurt the one's I love. Even though now, we all have great relationships and I am a much better person. used to be unstable with Bipoar illness and no meds and alcohol bingeing. Now I am sober and steady and stable with mental illness under control. Now I fel I'm making excuses for my past behaivior.

You can’t change the past but you can start forgiving and loving those around you.

Maybe it’s time for you to start working with yourself? Ask yourself - Why do I do what I do and how can I change?

Forgiving yourself for past deeds is a process that starts with yourself.
Change by marking changes

Be humble, be full of love, be forgiving, - be who you are a beautiful nice woman with a warm loving heart.

Love and prayers from me to you

Yours

A peaceful mind.

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 21-01-2011, 07:45 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle

you are human, you made some mistakes. you can't fix them but you can learn from them as you move forward in healing your heart.

I also have the darned BP.......i understand it's no fun and you do and say things that later you wake up to the fact and really beat your self up.

Even though you have made things right with the ones you love, what about writing letters to them and letting them understand you feel so guilty for what you did to them, this is one way of apologizing where they can see it in the privacy of themselves. does that make sense?

it's a growth period. everything is going to be ok.
Old 26-01-2011, 01:51 AM
amys

I think most people carry their mistakes with them as it makes us who we are and think and rationalise as we do. If you want to move on after something that has drastically offected you or someone else then you need to rebalance. I have found that by little acts such as donating blood or helping a stranger I find it easier to move on as I dont think I would be doing such acts if I wasnt such a selfish person growing up
Old 26-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Angel1

I agree with what has been said so far.
You asked for an affirmation...
Try these:

Each moment I spend in guilt is another moment I separate myself from
You, Lord.

or
Each moment I spend with any human silly emotion - takes me away from
your Love, Lord.
or

I have fallen yet again for the trap of my mind's tricks that keep me away from You, Lord, never again.
or

I will never fall prey to the silly ego's tricks that stop Your Love flowing to me,
Lord.
or

Help me Lord focus only on Your Love for me - help me not be distracted by my mind's tricks. And to know only You are my heart's Goal.

Just off the top!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Master
The past is dead and gone, stop trying to dig the corpse up and breathing life back into it.
Old 26-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The past is dead and gone, stop trying to dig the corpse up and breathing life back into it.
That, too!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Master
Guilt wants to feed on you, you are what keeps it alive, well just let it starve then it will die.
Old 26-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Master
I understand ww, regret's a bitter pill and I felt my fair share, but don't feel guilty (ie 'I deserve to feel this way'), because regret is something compassionate and involves a pure intent... do you see what I mean?
Old 26-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Master
Hello, Windwhistle and ((((HUGS))))..

Having suffered much guilt pretty much my entire life, I thought I would share something that has helped me tremendously and that has been the teachings of Abraham (google Abraham/Hicks)..

Abraham is a spiritual collective that is channeled thru a woman named Esther Hicks. Their teachings have been nothing short of life transforming for me.

Much of their information is the same info that is 'recycled' (my term & opinion) into a variety books so that there is something for everyone depending on your point of view, so if you check out one and it doesn't resonate, try a different title.

The book "The Vortex" really spoke to me...

In regards to guilt, the book has some wonderful chapters that address appreciation & love of Self.

It is truly hard to comprehend the Love that the Creator has for us, and to accept that we ARE the Creator. The books do a wonderful job of making the same point(s) in a variety of ways so that after a while it cannot help but be drilled into you & that is what I NEEDED. :p

I myself am coming to see that the love that I so desperately wish to show to those I care for is something that I have not applied to myself.

As Abraham says, the most important relationship that you will ever have is the relationship between you and You. (Edited to say this means between the 'you' in physical form and the 'You' that is the great part of you or your Soul)...

For me personally, I am now trying to give to myself like I give to others. I try to make time for Me (I'm worth it!) where I didn't before.. I am doing my best to show those I have hurt how much I love them in the Now and try to make amends where possible.

Just living a happy life and one that includes forgiveness of Self is the best gift that you can give to those around you because your loving energy will heal and bless all you come in contact with.

My heart goes out to you.... I hope this is of some comfort to you.

You are Loved..

Cam/EarthMamma