Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 28-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysrainbow
How can I help without being a codependent caregiver? What is the best attitude I can have so that they don't see my concern as a reason to feel even more ashamed and judged? This person is very sensitive and has a lot of suppressed emotions. He's stuck in an emotional rut and his inner child needs healing.

Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

i'm over 13 years clean/sober - from 17 years in severe addiction/alcoholism & dual diagnosis. i have been around a lot of people with addiction issues.

For me what is key is forgiveness, allowance & focusing as far as possible on my own healing & life path. We have to allow other people their own path & journey through life. Yes be there for them, love them, but let go of all the control. blame & manipulation.

i think that co-dependency & dysfunctional dynamics runs very deep - All we can really do is be the best people we can be - & be there as best as possible for others - all the rest needs really to be let go of.
Old 28-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you, Being :) That makes sense.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Ascender

The Opposite Of Addiction is Connection

http://upliftconnect.com/opposite-addiction-connection/

Do Stronger Human Connections Immunise Us Against Emotional Distress?

Right now an exciting new perspective on addiction is emerging. Johann Harri, author of Chasing The Scream, recently captured widespread public interest with his Ted talk Everything You Know About Addiction Is Wrong, where he concluded with this powerful statement:

“The opposite of addiction is not sobriety. The opposite of addiction is connection.”
– Johann Harri
Old 30-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Ascender

The Spiritual Consequences of Alcohol Consumption

http://thecostaricanews.com/spiritua...l-consumption/
Old 30-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Master

Have an attitude of appreciation... because only being in alignment with your inner being, and through that seeing the well-being in him can you ever be of any help to him. So it starts with you and how you perceive the world. Simply said practice seeing the health in him
Old 08-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Ascender

What seaside town drug overdoses and suicides tell us about austerity and government cuts -

https://www.thecanary.co/discovery/a...vernment-cuts/

This Video Dispels Every "Nature VS Nurture" Myth You've Ever Heard. The Implications are Profound.

https://www.filmsforaction.org/watch...ve-ever-heard/
Old 30-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysrainbow
I know the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink from it." You can't help others if they don't want help themselves. All I can tell this person is that I love him, and I hope he gets the help he needs so that he doesn't go down that road of deterioration. I know I can pray for him. I know the drug use is just a way of avoiding negative emotions, that it doesn't matter how much you take - the emotions will still be there, unacknowledged.

How can I help without being a codependent caregiver? What is the best attitude I can have so that they don't see my concern as a reason to feel even more ashamed and judged? This person is very sensitive and has a lot of suppressed emotions. He's stuck in an emotional rut and his inner child needs healing.

Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

DEVELOP your Understanding ..... drop your Judgments

they may be using the drugs because you drive em nuts. In that case, maybe you should join em ~
Old 30-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Ascender
I've been in your position and it's really hard to watch someone you care about self-destructing. It's good that you understand that you can't save them from themselves. So many get caught up in trying to save someone from themselves. It really doesn't work.

I don't know your situation and I don't know your relationship with this person. Therefore, offering advice would be unwise on my part. However, in general it's usually helpful to set healthy boundaries for yourself and encourage the person to get the help they need.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:45 AM
Newbie ;)

There is a free place where you can go and receive unconditional loving acceptance, surrounded by people who are going through what you are going through. It's a support group for families of addicts called Al-Anon. I have been to some of these meetings, and it was indescribable. You don't have to talk about yourself if you don't want to, you can just listen to and learn from everyone else's struggles there. Google for a meeting near you, there are likely several you could choose from. They don't subscribe to a particular religion but they use the term "The God of Your Choosing" when talking about a higher power. The ideas they present are extremely helpful in giving us tools to wend our way through addictive relationships without becoming enablers. Warm wishes to you.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:44 PM
Experiencer

This thread was started 3 years ago ... and the account of the thread starter is deactivated.

But all the great new responses might help someone else maybe.