Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 26-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Artemis

Hades as Patron God?

Hello!

I am new to the forum, so we will see if I can do this right. ;)

I have been practicing Wicca for quite some time, but most seriously the past year.

I have come in contact with a few Gods & Goddesses (Greek) and I am pretty sure Artemis is my matron Goddess.

Recently I have connected with Hades. And he has been very intense. I love spending time with him, but I get an almost sexual vibe from him. I have told him I am a "fan" of Persephone's lol. He laughed at that.

I am just unsure if how to tell if he is my patron God and if anyone else has worked with him and found him intense as well. In just thinking about him, I can feel him with me and pulled toward him.
Old 26-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Animus27

Welcome to the forum!

If you're feeling a pull to Hades, why not make some libations to him? Wine, milk or honey are the traditional offerings (besides black lambs, which you might have a hard time disposing of ). Initiating a reciprocal relationship is the way to build a connection.

And just as an aside, Artemis would be your 'patroness' not your matron. A matron is a mature motherly women, while a patroness is a woman who patrons a client or place.
Old 26-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Artemis

Woops! LOL My bad!

He is very...persuasive. The first time I connected with him it was as if he had been waiting for me to arrive for a long time. I've read some bad things about him, but I do not find him awful in the least. I found him quite engaging actually. And a little flirty. Is it normal for a God to be flirty?
Old 26-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Animus27

Some people have erotic relationships with gods. And given the bulk of Greek mythos - mortals and Immortals having some tender feelings isn't unheard of.

You might find this useful for learning about Hades and his myths and cult: http://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/Haides.html
Old 26-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Hello!

I am new to the forum, so we will see if I can do this right. ;)

I have been practicing Wicca for quite some time, but most seriously the past year.

I have come in contact with a few Gods & Goddesses (Greek) and I am pretty sure Artemis is my matron Goddess.

Recently I have connected with Hades. And he has been very intense. I love spending time with him, but I get an almost sexual vibe from him. I have told him I am a "fan" of Persephone's lol. He laughed at that.

I am just unsure if how to tell if he is my patron God and if anyone else has worked with him and found him intense as well. In just thinking about him, I can feel him with me and pulled toward him.
I like Artemis, she's hot and quite fun to be around.

Hades is intense, the thing about him is you mustn't waste his time or make it seem like you're wasting his time, he's very impatient like his brothers but unlike them, if you hit him just right, he'll take his sword and cleave you.
Old 26-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Is it normal for a God to be flirty?

Depends on the god. From one like Hades, it would be... rather uncharacteristic. Not unbelievable - as it would be if you were claiming one of the virginal gods/goddesses was flirting with you - but uncharacteristic.

Personally, I don't concern myself with labels like "patron." I have numerous relationships with otherworldly entities. Labeling them is an afterthought. Have relationships with who you want. And by relationships, I don't necessarily mean romance... I mean any interaction between two individuals.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Artemis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Depends on the god. From one like Hades, it would be... rather uncharacteristic. Not unbelievable - as it would be if you were claiming one of the virginal gods/goddesses was flirting with you - but uncharacteristic.

Personally, I don't concern myself with labels like "patron." I have numerous relationships with otherworldly entities. Labeling them is an afterthought. Have relationships with who you want. And by relationships, I don't necessarily mean romance... I mean any interaction between two individuals.

Yeah, Artemis has never hit on me lol.

Not to say that Hades has in actuality, but it was the whole vibe I got from him. However, in thinking about how Persephone became his mate it's not totally uncharacterisitic of him! LOL
Old 26-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Yeah, Artemis has never hit on me lol.

Not to say that Hades has in actuality, but it was the whole vibe I got from him. However, in thinking about how Persephone became his mate it's not totally uncharacterisitic of him! LOL

Keep the whole story in mind, he developed love for Persephone (some excerpts state Eros/Cupid was involved in the uniting of the two) and gave Zeus (her father) a new lightning bolt in exchange for his daughter's hand. She is not held prisoner like Hollywood wishes to show, she chose to stay with Hades after seeing how much Hades would go out of his way to make her feel loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence

Hades doesn't flirt, Artemis comes off as flirty but she doesn't mean it. Zeus however is an entirely different story. I recall reading and hearing a statement from a woman back when who said she was so beautiful that the rain turned golden, we all know the truth, Zeus urinated on her, lol
Old 29-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Quagmire

I will just throw this here out there from the top of my head as I read this thread. Artemis; have you ever thought you might be Persephone? and that is why Hades act that way around you...