Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
[i]I'm going to stick my neck out and say that most of those who approach Spiritualism in a serious way have been bereaved.

They come, often in distress, seeking reassurance that relatives or friends are not gone forever. It's they who have the best chance of understanding. The rest, for whom Spiritualism is just something to mock, or about which they feign interest, are much less likely to get anywhere.

Let me tell you what cynics/skeptics often say. "Oh they just want to believe - they're vulnerable and will grasp at any straw." But someone with experience and understanding can say. "Bereavement is often the only time when folk are reflective enough, open enough, for the message of survival to be deeply, seriously considered."

Take your choice - which camp are you in?

I'm with you, Mac. Hell, it's hard to convince people in their 80's to start making arrangements for their own funerals! How are people likely to develop/maintain serious efforts to reach the next world unless there is someone(s) there already, near and dear to them still on earth, that spurs them on to making the initial attempts?

Jim
Old 12-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
saying you're a 'christian spiirtualist' is like saying i am 'jewish mormon'

Do you know what word Mormons use to refer to non-Mormons?

Jim
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
saying you're a 'christian spiirtualist' is like saying i am 'jewish mormon'

Why so? Isn't Christianity based on revelations from Spirit?

Jim
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
No explosion from me. Christian Spiritualism is a curious mix with conflicting principles. For me it isn't Spiritualism.

You explained things well other than when you said there can be no Christian Spiritualists. Folk can call follow any persuasion they choose and call themselves anything they like.

We can't change that by saying there's no such thing.

Mac, I may be unusual, but I don't think I'm unique. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, or died to do some wonderful think that benefitted me and everyone else.

I also believe that there's a place in the next world for me and everyone else, that's based not on anything Jesus did, nor on whether we "accept" him in any way, but is based purely on our own individual efforts.

I believed both these things before I ever heard of Spiritualism.

I accept that my two beliefs may well be illogical, but I also believe that we can never reduce religious faith or belief into strict logic.

So yes, I believe that there is such a thing as Christian Spiritualism.

Jim
Old 12-12-2011, 08:30 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Mac, I may be unusual, but I don't think I'm unique. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, or died to do some wonderful think that benefitted me and everyone else.

I also believe that there's a place in the next world for me and everyone else, that's based not on anything Jesus did, nor on whether we "accept" him in any way, but is based purely on our own individual efforts.

I accept that my two beliefs may well be illogical, but I also believe that we can never reduce religious faith or belief into strict logic.

Jim

It's not to me, Jim, that your remarks should be addressed.

It was MMM who suggested there's no such thing as Christian Spiritualism.
Old 13-12-2011, 11:44 AM
mac

oops, double posted
Old 13-12-2011, 11:45 AM
mac

"I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, or died to do some wonderful think that benefitted me and everyone else.

I accept that my two beliefs may well be illogical, but I also believe that we can never reduce religious faith or belief into strict logic."

re the highlit words

I can't speak about those who hold religious faith or belief as I don't have either.

But my own persuasion leaves me without doubt that the application of logic is the only
logical way to approach it. The instant that principle were suspended I'd be back to faith or belief or something else.

And I don't 'do' faith or belief or anything else....
Old 13-12-2011, 12:39 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind

Jim

i thought your way for a long time,Jim.
Now so many other beliefs,the mind becomes clogged.
Wondering what exactly is the straight path to take.
J.
Old 13-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Serenity Bear

The straight path is the one that is right for you. It matters not what you call it, for all paths lead in the same direction, its the human being that has called them by different names.
Old 13-12-2011, 03:01 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
The straight path is the one that is right for you. It matters not what you call it, for all paths lead in the same direction, its the human being that has called them by different names.

I know my straight path,Serenity.
The one I feel is right and comfortable for me.