Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 23-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
I’m not inclined to lecture, but am willing to pass along what I’ve read that makes sense about this issue.

Several issues arise here. One is that there is an ‘alter ego’ that presumably you aren’t in control of who is operating autonomously. This is YOU & your thoughts. You voluntarily generate every single one of your thoughts. It is handy to devise the idea of the ‘alter‘ so we don’t have to take responsibility for our thoughts we disapprove of. If you don’t like what your ‘alter’ is thinking, just stop. You are in charge of ALL of your thoughts, emotions, & behaviors. Taking 100% responsibility for these is one of the first things we do w/ expanding consciousness.

gee ... i don't know. i've tried repeatedly to take over the vibes and voices of my imaginary friends so as to take responsibility for them and ... hmmm ... it appears they have wills of their own. i can't seem to control what they think to me. weird. huh?

It’s OK (very productive) to take ownership of the stuff we want to sump off on the ‘alter.’ Nobody is perfect & the objective is to grow & expand. Realizing what areas we need to work on is part of this process. Taking ownership of EVERYTHING is the start of genuine empowerment. We all do this as part of our growth process.

well, believe me! i 've tried maintain a belief in the theory you're putting forth, that these imaginary friends are merely aspects of myself. they don't deny being aspects of myself. it's the "merely" they reject. they contend that i am an aspect of their selves as much they are aspects of myself. and like me they have physical bodies and independent lives, jobs, wives, children, homes and pets.

Many have said that our thoughts extend far beyond our personal energy field. This is the basis for collective consciousness, telepathy, clairvoyance, etc.

Throughout history various movements have peddled that various parts of our psyche were in control of us, operating autonomously against us. We were told to be fearful of being controlled by our sexuality, will, emotions, intellect, self/ego, shadow self, imagination, etc. There is no need to be fearful of any of these things. Those who are energetically savvy know it is highly effective to persuade us to remain at a very low frequency by being fearful of anything. It is even more potent to convince us to be fearful of PART of our psyche. Being fearful of part of us is highly disempowering if we can't even trust our self. It is impossible to attain any meaningful expansion of consciousness if one is distrustful of part of one’s self. This is one of the many pieces of past misinformation that are currently being tossed in the metaphysical waste bin as bunk.

no One here is "peddling" anything. i'm quite sure we're just trying to figure out what's going on in our heads. i do not believe myself to be a part of a fear mongering movement and my imaginary friends aren't autonomously against me nor are they seeking to sow fear and mistrust. they, in fact, work hard to gain my trust and quell my fears. it's not exactly them that i mistrust anyway. it's my own ability to be self deceptive that i mistrust. that i carry on internal conversations with Ids whose personalities (and gender) are so different from my own does cause me to fear for my sanity a bit. however, aside from the voices in my head i do not display any other symptoms of schizophrenia so i'm either mentally ill with some other imaginative disorder OR i'm in telepathic communication with people i've never met in their bodies.

this may be metaphysical bunk to you but i'm living an experience that i can't simply tossed into a waste bin.

Last edited by Internal Queries : 23-04-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 23-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
ahhh..so it was a telepathic poke?

LOL did you think i used to walk up to strangers and poke them with my physical finger? there'd be no mystery why that kind of action would garner a hostile reaction.

it was indeed interesting, though, the different reactions i'd get from those strangers. some people wouldn't feel my mental poke at all, some would look at me with curiosity, a few (very few) would smile knowingly and others would feel threatened.
Old 24-04-2011, 03:52 AM
SunMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
The problem is that each of us is an all powerful godly being. When there is a need to vent primitive feelings, I suggest that we learn how to do this in a kindly fashion.

I find it best to respect all our feelings as well as those of others.

Being composed in this way is a choice we make with our intentions to be that way. Then venting our feelings is in "kindness mode" instead of "hurtful mode".

Since we are always entangled with All That Is, being in "hurtful mode" is quite self destructive.

John

Thanks for replying John. I would ask though how does one be in "kindness mode" while enraged? For example, let's say you discovered someone you trusted had lied to you and stolen thousands of dollars from you. Wouldn't you feel any real anger toward this person? I agree that we do have a responsibility not to spew negative energy out into the world (no matter how justified!) but applying that to real life can be tricky.
Old 24-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
Thanks for replying John. I would ask though how does one be in "kindness mode" while enraged? For example, let's say you discovered someone you trusted had lied to you and stolen thousands of dollars from you. Wouldn't you feel any real anger toward this person? I agree that we do have a responsibility not to spew negative energy out into the world (no matter how justified!) but applying that to real life can be tricky.

That is an excellent question. I have posted a number of threads about my experiences dealing with this. The simple answer is you make the choice to do than and than seek advice on "how to do it" from your inner guidance.

The goal it to not get "enraged". When you reach that point you are out of control.

One of my best stories is about "Spiritual Deception".
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/foru...php?topic=16.0

There are a number of threads that have the year 1997 in them. That was a tough year for me. Those threads are best understood after reading about "My Story".
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/foru...php?topic=10.0

I have found ways to apply this concept to my "real life" circumstances. I can only suggest that you can do this as well.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
no One here is "peddling" anything. i'm quite sure we're just trying to figure out what's going on in our heads. i do not believe myself to be a part of a fear mongering movement and my imaginary friends aren't autonomously against me nor are they seeking to sow fear and mistrust. they, in fact, work hard to gain my trust and quell my fears. it's not exactly them that i mistrust anyway. it's my own ability to be self deceptive that i mistrust. that i carry on internal conversations with Ids whose personalities (and gender) are so different from my own does cause me to fear for my sanity a bit. however, aside from the voices in my head i do not display any other symptoms of schizophrenia so i'm either mentally ill with some other imaginative disorder OR i'm in telepathic communication with people i've never met in their bodies.

this may be metaphysical bunk to you but i'm living an experience that i can't simply tossed into a waste bin.

I have "imaginary" friends and have had for some time. Some of them turned out to exist, and I eventually met two of them in real life, which was a blast. I am a skeptic, and am aware I might be deluding myself, but the evidence keeps piling up. I am closer friends with the ones that started out as "imaginary" than I could ever be with just anyone and the telepathic contact has remained strong. I wouldn't worry about it unless it causes disruptions that prevents you from functioning (study, make a living, have a relationship, etc.).

I worried about it in the past, that I was not being social and rejected people as friends and lovers who could never be as close to me as they are, and I worried that it was all in my head. I also worried about being ... nuts, but other than internal conversations I'm quite normal. It is not like I walk around talking out loud or display any behavior that would be considered out of the norm. I might seem a little distracted at times, as if I have a lot on my mind, but that's it. Even if it had been just internal conversations, and I would never have met any of them, the benefits far exceeded the downsides - I have rarely felt alone and I can have amazing internal conversations with them. I can spend time with acquaintances, go out and talk with strangers, but I rarely find anything that compares to the friendship I have with the people on my internal speed dial. I was elated to find out that some of these individuals exist. I think you will find your friends, if you want to. There is nothing better than having such an internal conversation and then talking with the person in real life and you can both continue where you left off; to have an impatient, "yeah, I already know let's continue" be the starting point.
Old 24-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindra
I have "imaginary" friends and have had for some time. Some of them turned out to exist, and I eventually met two of them in real life, which was a blast. I am a skeptic, and am aware I might be deluding myself, but the evidence keeps piling up. I am closer friends with the ones that started out as "imaginary" than I could ever be with just anyone and the telepathic contact has remained strong. I wouldn't worry about it unless it causes disruptions that prevents you from functioning (study, make a living, have a relationship, etc.).

I worried about it in the past, that I was not being social and rejected people as friends and lovers who could never be as close to me as they are, and I worried that it was all in my head. I also worried about being ... nuts, but other than internal conversations I'm quite normal. It is not like I walk around talking out loud or display any behavior that would be considered out of the norm. I might seem a little distracted at times, as if I have a lot on my mind, but that's it. Even if it had been just internal conversations, and I would never have met any of them, the benefits far exceeded the downsides - I have rarely felt alone and I can have amazing internal conversations with them. I can spend time with acquaintances, go out and talk with strangers, but I rarely find anything that compares to the friendship I have with the people on my internal speed dial. I was elated to find out that some of these individuals exist. I think you will find your friends, if you want to. There is nothing better than having such an internal conversation and then talking with the person in real life and you can both continue where you left off; to have an impatient, "yeah, I already know let's continue" be the starting point.

thank you for the reassurance! the thing is ... i really shouldn't need to be reassured. a couple of decades ago my natural shielding virtually collapsed and i got whammed with a sudden unexpected flood of mental data. it was a huge struggle to rebuild my shielding and even then a few voices got through. so having already fallen down the rabbit hole i wandered around in Wonderland for awhile seeking to pinpoint for those persistant voices in their bodies. i did indeed track those people down and there was some instant recognition. one guy even apologized for being so inadverdently noisy.

so for nearly 2 decades my shields held and the only voice i heard in my head was my own blatherings. i had convinced myself that my whole trip to Wonderland had been a psychotic break, simply my imagination. i was now "normal". and then this past January ... "they" suddenly showed up, my imaginary friends, loud and clear and with projected visual and emotional accutriments. and i thought myself "oh no! i'm going nuts again!"

but since this time the contact is more orderly and seems to have a specific purpose i won't be wandering around the country trying to locate the bodies of these 2 (sometimes 3) gentlemen. this time ... they can come to me if physicality is of any importance.

**sigh** none the less, external verfication would be really nice.
Old 25-04-2011, 06:14 AM
SunMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
I have found ways to apply this concept to my "real life" circumstances. I can only suggest that you can do this as well.

John

Thanks for the links John! I'll definitely read up and hope to learn from your experience.
Old 25-04-2011, 06:22 AM
SunMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
.... a couple of decades ago my natural shielding virtually collapsed and i got whammed with a sudden unexpected flood of mental data. it was a huge struggle to rebuild my shielding and even then a few voices got through. .....

IQ, it sounds like you are having a very unusual lifetime! For what it's worth your description of what's happening sounds quite rational to me. What's that quote...there are more things in heaven and earth...I'm sure not quick to discount. I'm curious if you care to share what was it that caused your natural shielding to collapse? I'm interested in this because I find my efforts to increase shielding vs. increasing my ability to process what comes through seem to work in opposition to each other.

Also why was the guy who was "noisy" so noisy? Since he apologized he was clearly aware, but I wonder did he know why or ever have control over it?
Old 25-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
IQ, it sounds like you are having a very unusual lifetime! For what it's worth your description of what's happening sounds quite rational to me. What's that quote...there are more things in heaven and earth...I'm sure not quick to discount. I'm curious if you care to share what was it that caused your natural shielding to collapse? I'm interested in this because I find my efforts to increase shielding vs. increasing my ability to process what comes through seem to work in opposition to each other.

Also why was the guy who was "noisy" so noisy? Since he apologized he was clearly aware, but I wonder did he know why or ever have control over it?

lol yeah and it's not getting any less weird.

while i'm not entirely sure why my shielding collapsed i suspect it was due to some experimentation with natural hallucinogens. it was a brief flirtation with such things and though it was an interesting experiment i didn't think much about it. i considered it on par with having had a lucid dream. however, my shields collapsed shortly thereafter (a month or so later) so i assume a delayed cause and effect.

the "noisy" guy's name is Robert. to tell the truth ... i didn't recognize him right away. i met him at a Rainbow gathering during a crystal meditation. the vibes are so high and heavy at those Rainbow gatherings that it's difficult to discern ones own vibe amid the amazing varieties of vibrational cross currents much less singling out the specific vibe of someOne else. it wasn't until after the gathering when i was hanging out at his NY City apartment, lounging on his couch listening to him talk and talk and talk that i recognized his voice for who he was. Robert is an unusal fellow. he's an actor and an paint medium artist. he has dwarfism and it's like Nature compensated him for his short stature with an impressive intellect. so i was laying there listening to his very long disseration on the nature of the psyche when it occurred to me that this was the voice in my head that would just never shut up. i jumped up, pointed at him and said "YOU! it's YOU whose been driving me nuts!" and we stared into each others eyes for a long silent pause and oops! his eyes grew wide and he knew to what i was referring. he recognized our (until then) hidden relationship and apologized profusely. we shared some very interesting thoughts both externally and internally. i think we both got better control over our psy talents by being in each others' physical company. Robert is one of the few people with whom i've had verified telepathic communications. we're still friends after all these years but only in an email once in a while kind of way.

Quote:
I'm interested in this because I find my efforts to increase shielding vs. increasing my ability to process what comes through seem to work in opposition to each other.

care to elaborate on this?
Old 25-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtBroadcaster
i need a lecturer so it might convince my alter ego to stop broadcasting.

It says in the bible........"Tis a wise man that can tame his tongue"

That always stood out to me.

The other thing that stood out to me was when God was describing Jobs character, it mentioned that he even could control his thoughts.

That took it to whole new level.

Its funny thinking back on this for me as there were so much positive influence from my bible days.

I think you will grow wiser and stronger and this problem will go away.
My best to you.....James