Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 14-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Experiencer
I believe those are Banana Spiders aka orb spiders Clover. I get them in our chicken coop, always fun to walk into. I live in Black Widow and Brown Recluse country, so shaking shoes and clothing out in the garage is a necessary function. For whatever reason the spiders this year have taken over in the garage. Volaju might find a new species in there if he looked around.
Old 14-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Wow Volaju. I learned more about spiders from your post than anywhere else.

I did see the spider build her web and was interesting to see how she did it. I thought spiders made the straight strands first and then the 'circular' strands last. What really happened was that she took turns with both. I think she made the circular part to turn around to spin a straight line. It sure didn't take her long to make it.

Oh boy, yeah they can make their webs deceptively fast. Some of them go off to hunt as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
I actually field-study and research spiders as an insectologist

what is your favourite bug?

Yey for Arachnids!

Quote:
I believe those are Banana Spiders aka orb spiders Clover. I get them in our chicken coop, always fun to walk into. I live in Black Widow and Brown Recluse country, so shaking shoes and clothing out in the garage is a necessary function. For whatever reason the spiders this year have taken over in the garage. Volaju might find a new species in there if he looked around.

I wish i could discover a new species of spider, I'd name it after myself of course. *triumphant pose*

Clover, do you have any other pictures of them? Any other angles, I like to get a full 3D view size comparison before I am any guesses.
Old 26-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello All. Sorry to respond so late. To answer your question, Volaju, I couldn't find those specific spiders again. I always look in my back yard to see if they come back...... However, I am happy to share some photos I took this morning with my iphone ( seriously, amazing phone). I don't think this is the same breed, this spider is a lot smaller. Talk about fearless, she was working HARD wrapping and weaving her pray this morning, something tells me I interfered with her vibe, because the bee ended up getting away. Sorry, Ms. Spider!

This last picture looks blurry because she was in incredibly fast movement wrapping him up.

The bee fought hard to disentangle himself... he/she ended up flying out free! They got lucky this time around :P
Old 26-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Master
Those are amazing photos Clover. I've never seen a spider go after prey. You sure were in the right place at the right time for a photo session.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 26-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Master
That's absolutely amazing!

Its very rare to see them catch prey, even if its a mishap-and don't worry that actually happens very often when catch prey-some just get away lol. That Wasp or whatever it is would have made quite the dinner though.

And update for myself, I live in a basement with all kinds of spiders, I have this odd thing where I name the spiders that end up in here and I welcome them as if they are family. (Much to my other roommates dismay haha) just outside my basement window is a small space where many spiders and such live in a kind of small natural environment that just got created over the years as tree roots sprouted out and leaves made a great den for them. There's all kinds of spiders in there, but my favorite is Nicole. She's a one of these:

http://www.spiders.us/species/parast...-tepidariorum/

The one's here are of a darker coloration, but they are of the same Genus. When I had moved in here, the spiders were very unaccustomed to a guest being in the basement all the sudden. When I discovered Nicole I had also found three eggsacs around her! Three! At first I didn't even now it was possible for spiders to lay more than one brood, but apparently as long as the spider is fortunate enough to find enough food and mates she can make several.

Over the months, as I kind of observed all the different spiders in here, I started to gain even more of a respect for these creatures. I kept waking up with spider bites in the morning, none of which were too painful or anything and realize that they had been walking on the bed prior and only bit me because they suddenly realized there's a 'hooman,' in this bed! and freaked out because it had been unused for some time. But I didn't trip to much, I decided just to wait see what would happen and eventually the spider bites have stopped. They actually realized my presence in the room and changed their behavior accordingly, like 'stay away from the bed, the hooman sleeps there,' and they rarely go in my clothes because they can sense it is new.

One day I got home and this is some time later and I went to check on Nicole and saw husk there, I knew eventually she would pass-away but what was incredible to me was that she was able to make one last egg sac along with the others making that four large eggsacs in that little corner. I was also very upset because her other three eggsacs hatched ... but then, where are the children? Spider babies right from the eggs are very, very small and only grow if they can find food as their metabolisms are incredibly fast at these young ages and they don't have to worry about outgrowing their exoskeleton because its also very soft in these states.

And then, here I am typing on my computer and doing digital art and- hey, what's that?! A Tiny False widow walking my screen! Its one of her babies! And wow I didn't realize they were actually everywhere in my room, they are just so small they are very hard to see, and they are some of the silliest, cutest little things I've seen in a while. The one's that crawl on my screen are attracted to the light and they sometimes chase my mouse pointer, it is so adorable! And a few will descend from the ceiling when I'm looking at my phone in the dark.

Then things ... kind of started to get weird.

One day I was cleaning and I found one in a plastic bag I just discarded to the floor a week ago, it was so tiny I might of missed it but I looked down and saw it made a web in bag. Something just kind of, overcame me? I felt like I kind just sent it these feelings like, "You shouldn't be there, that's a horrible place to make a web." and I left him/her alone. Came back he next day and surprisingly, it was gone. Alright ... Odd. Then again I saw another in a silly place to make a web, since I knew no insects would traffic that region I did the same thing, just tried to communicate with feelings alone in a kind of projecty way? This time not even a few hours later it was gone. I did this couple times with the spiders here after and I'm starting to wonder ...

AM I A SPIDER WHISPERER??? I MEAN LIKE, SCREW MAKING MONEY OFF OF THIS! OR BEING FAMOUS, OR EVEN RENOWN! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT! I CAN EMOTIONALLY COMMUNICATE TO SPIDERS? HOLY **** THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER! I mean some might call it a useless super-power but just being able to chill with a spider and know its able to 'feel,' me in a sense is almost enough to make me feel like I've gotten somewhere in life! Hell its even completing to a sense!

But ... oh boy I've been silly enough lol Maybe I'm just being crazy, they prolly just saw me and were like, 'Annnnndd time to go cuz the hooman saw me!"

I wanna really believe I'm spider whisperer though lol ...
Old 26-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
That's absolutely amazing!

Then things ... kind of started to get weird.

One day I was cleaning and I found one in a plastic bag I just discarded to the floor a week ago, it was so tiny I might of missed it but I looked down and saw it made a web in bag. Something just kind of, overcame me? I felt like I kind just sent it these feelings like, "You shouldn't be there, that's a horrible place to make a web." and I left him/her alone. Came back he next day and surprisingly, it was gone. Alright ... Odd. Then again I saw another in a silly place to make a web, since I knew no insects would traffic that region I did the same thing, just tried to communicate with feelings alone in a kind of projecty way? This time not even a few hours later it was gone. I did this couple times with the spiders here after and I'm starting to wonder ...

AM I A SPIDER WHISPERER??? I MEAN LIKE, SCREW MAKING MONEY OFF OF THIS! OR BEING FAMOUS, OR EVEN RENOWN! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT! I CAN EMOTIONALLY COMMUNICATE TO SPIDERS? HOLY **** THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER! I mean some might call it a useless super-power but just being able to chill with a spider and know its able to 'feel,' me in a sense is almost enough to make me feel like I've gotten somewhere in life! Hell its even completing to a sense!

But ... oh boy I've been silly enough lol Maybe I'm just being crazy, they prolly just saw me and were like, 'Annnnndd time to go cuz the hooman saw me!"

I wanna really believe I'm spider whisperer though lol ...

Well why not be a spider whisperer? Everything has a spirit and it could be you made a connection with all of the associations you had with them just from living in a basement. I do believe we can connect and make our wishes known. I had a few instances of telling wasps where to go and they certainly moved in the direction I pointed at. Of course you can try again with spiders to test if it was coincidence or not. One or two times, maybe, but if there's three or more times then perhaps you earned the title of spider whisperer.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 22-09-2017, 12:05 AM
Master
I saw the spider one more time in its web and then it moved on. Don't know if spiders hibernate through winter or not but it's gone to do what spiders do before winter really sets in.

Old 20-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Master
I found this little guy on the bathroom sink. As usual, I don't know what kind of a spider it is. I gave it some water so it was drinking while I took the pic. The pic is blurry because I couldn't get the tablet close enough for a better pic so I enlarged it by cropping.

Old 20-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I found this little guy on the bathroom sink. As usual, I don't know what kind of a spider it is. I gave it some water so it was drinking while I took the pic. The pic is blurry because I couldn't get the tablet close enough for a better pic so I enlarged it by cropping.

Looks like a wolf spider
Old 20-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Master
Hey, Crysalis, I hope you don't mind me sharing a relatively short spider story of my own? Awesome thread, btw...

When my son was fairly young, we lived in an apartment that had a nice long balcony and one day, we had a couple of creatures decided to make it their home.

In the small space between our driveway and the cinderblock wall separating our apartment from the neighbors grew a clump of maybe 3 yucca trees.* They started to push up the cement driveway, so the owner had them cut down and totally removed.* Not long afterwards, maybe within a week's time or so, we spied a big unique looking spider making her rather large web extending from the eave to the top of the railing.* A few days later, a second spider was building her home right next to the first one, whom we ended up naming her Elvira (the first one).* I don't recall what name we gave the second one.

We spent most of our free time sitting on the balcony watching them do their magic.* Sadly, after they had really put down stakes and everyone was comfy cozy, a crow flew in to grab the first spider.* I happened to be standing right on the other side, and the crow backed off and flew away.* A day or two later, I was standing inside the glass doors and thought I saw the crow make off with Elvira.* I stepped out onto the balcony and looked to the left and the crow was devouring her in a big tree next door.* Easy to assume the second one suffered the same fate.

I've tried to find the type of spiders they were on-line but haven't found anything like them.* They may have been the last of their kind.* They were big, broad, kind of flat looking with legs you could hardly make out looking at their backs always to us.* It was long ago, but I swear that they were bigger than a quarter across their backs.* Can't forget that experience, ever.