Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I feel guilty and ashamed for things I have done and decisions I have made in the past. Rationalizing it like councelor's have said," You did the best you could at the time...blah, blah, blah...doesn't work. I can only feel better by fixing the past, by correcting it and I can't do that because I can't go back in time. It sucks.

I am upset because I hurt the one's I love. Even though now, we all have great relationships and I am a much better person. used to be unstable with Bipoar illness and no meds and alcohol bingeing. Now I am sober and steady and stable with mental illness under control. Now I fel I'm making excuses for my past behaivior.

I can't escape myself. Does anyone know an affirmation to help fix the past?

An affirmation will only aid ......

You want to fix it......once and for all~

You can by daring to face the Shadow and transforming all of its energy~

Few dare~

Those who do .......overcome and the Infinite Mystery transforms all.

A few works will help you see this clearly and begin your inner journey to transform:

The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle
The Shadow Effect by Deepak Chopra, Debbie Ford, and Marianne Williamson
The Secret Of Letting Go by Guy Finley
Teach Only Love: The Twelve Principles Of Attitudinal Healing by Gerald Jampolsky
The Undiscovered Self by Carl Jung
A Course In Miracles by Foundation For Inner Freedom

Read, reflect, PRACTICE, and persist until the end! That is all YOU have to do, the rest will be done for you.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Knower
I was once told by my Grandma that professing your "sins" to the spiritually unsound is as bad as jumping off a bridge. What she meant to say was that even though you may try to heal yourself through writing letters or saying sorry, the motivation is STILL the same- to ease your guilt. That is where the old saying makes sense "time heals all wounds." The guilt will soon become like an old wound- there as a reminder of what you SURVIVED, but not nearly as painful as it once was...so stop trying to STOP it. It will only worsen.

Accept that guilt...
Old 27-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Master
transmute guilt with Love....It's an amazing power,Love...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 28-01-2011, 05:15 PM
AngelBreeze

Great Blessings To You, Windwhistle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I feel guilty and ashamed for things I have done and decisions I have made in the past. Rationalizing it like councelor's have said," You did the best you could at the time...blah, blah, blah...doesn't work. I can only feel better by fixing the past, by correcting it and I can't do that because I can't go back in time. It sucks.

I am upset because I hurt the one's I love. Even though now, we all have great relationships and I am a much better person. used to be unstable with Bipoar illness and no meds and alcohol bingeing. Now I am sober and steady and stable with mental illness under control. Now I fel I'm making excuses for my past behaivior.

I can't escape myself. Does anyone know an affirmation to help fix the past?

Dear ((((((( Windwhistle, )))))))

Welcome Dear One!

It is good that you have come to the forum to air out something that you feel is not being productive in your life. You feel guilty and ashamed for things and decisions in the past that were experienced, you say. While true that one cannot physically step back into the past to try to rectify the concerns, there are a couple of ways that may be accomplished.

You can place yourself in the frame of mind to take hold of what it is that is bothering you from the past and then simply write a letter, long or short, telling the people you wish to reach how you now feel about the situation and the decisions that were made then. Talk to them in your letter as frankly as you will and visualize that they are sitting right there across from you. You may even read the letter out loud to them and sign it after you finish writing it. Then ask them for forgiveness and hear them forgiving you.

Since we live in a world of energy, whether the people concerned from your past are still here in this dimension or have passed-on to the world of Spirit, they will hear and receive your message. There is no distance barriers even across dimensions. So, feel free to voice your feelings at that time and let them know how you felt then and how you feel now and how you would like to change what happened in the past. Spiritually speaking, that exercise can be very healing. You can even burn the paper after you have finished reading it outloud (symbolic of releasing it to spirit.)

The other way to consider doing this is if you know Reiki or know someone who knows it and you would want to consider taking this matter to the past as can be done with a Reiki II practitioner or master. This is only if you, yourself, have made the decision you would like to have Reiki done in this instance.

The Reiki II practitioner or master could then help to send the thought you want conveyed into the past where work could be done there. (At this point I would like to hear from any Reiki II practitioners and/or masters who have used the Reiki Distance Symbol for this purpose, if I may.)

But know that it is not good to keep such things inside of one as it is far from productive and the constant thought of it is not for your highest and best good or that of all concerned.

An affirmation to use in this regard, to be repeated several times daily, can be:

I Now Heal My Past. I Release That Which Keeps Me From Being Free and Productive In My Life. I Forgive My Transgressions Even As I Know God Forgives Me For Them When I Ask With Contrite Heart. All Is Now Well and I Am Safe and Happy Again!

Believe what you are saying and see how you will begin to get into a better frame of thinking about this situation.

May You be richly blessed always, Windwhistle! (Sending you lots of hugs!)
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 AM
windwhistle

awwww....thanks everyone! I can feel those hugs and all that loving energy and I'm sending it back to ya! Something helped me to let go of the past. I decided I was neither a great person nor a horrid person but somewhere in the middle and that's o.k. with me. I used to always compare myself to lofty spiritual people who had never messed up like me and I always fell short or like a spiritual imposter. Now I'm o.k. cuz I am what I am! I'm gonna' quit beating myself up and chalk it up to ignorance back then. And I have come a long way so that is good.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 AM
MYFIGO

Windwhistle,

I'm glad you're feeling better about things. I wanted to give you another way of thinking about it.

Quote:

The most important thing you said is that you all have great relationships. This made me think of a woman I know and how my feelings for her have changed after she did. She was toxic and angry and defensive and just miserable to be around... for years and years! Over the past few years, I have seen her change into a charming and amazingly soft and happy person. Each time I observe her with her new behavior, I am awash with admiration. I have to admit there are things about her that I would love to refine in myself.

So instead of feeling guilty (you've done enough of that), consider that your self growth and improvement is a comfort to those that you've hurt and that they applaud your success. If they are willing to have a great relationship with you, it's obvious that they have truly forgiven you. Use your changed life to inspire others who are suffering from some of the things you went through.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:51 AM
windwhistle

Yes, Yes, Yes, MIFIGO! What wonderful words you have spoken. It helps to think of myself back then as not bad but perhaps ignorant. And I am so incredibly grateful for my stability now. And all I have is today. Just have to keep remembering that. Thank you.