Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Knower

Broken Projector

When in preparation for projecting; the stages: laying down fully relaxed, think about nothing, look into the void through the third eye, etc. I enter the stage where muscles paralyze; this is as far as I get. I have meditated for more than 3 years, I have an open mind to astral projection; everything seems to be in order.

I feel my muscles slowly enter paralysis state and I lay there for 40 minutes to an hour, yet I feel no vibrations or sounds or anything of the matter.

Why can I not project?

I have lucid dreamed before, more than once. Is there a step I am missing to astral projection?
Old 19-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Guide
There's one last step that you're missing, and it's actually the hardest AND the easiest at the same time.

The last step you're missing is to "allow" the projection to happen. You sound like you're so caught up in the "doing" that you're forgetting to stop doing and simply allow yourself to phase into the non-physical.

It's like falling off a cliff. There's only so much you can do in this effort... eventually you have to allow yourself to be taken by gravity and "fall". The same holds true for projecting. There's only so much you can do in this effort... eventually you have to allow yourself to be taken by the "pull" into the non-physical. This is the hardest and easiest part of the process and one that stuck me for many years.
Old 19-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333xforever
When in preparation for projecting; the stages: laying down fully relaxed, think about nothing, look into the void through the third eye, etc. I enter the stage where muscles paralyze; this is as far as I get. I have meditated for more than 3 years, I have an open mind to astral projection; everything seems to be in order.

I feel my muscles slowly enter paralysis state and I lay there for 40 minutes to an hour, yet I feel no vibrations or sounds or anything of the matter.

Why can I not project?

I have lucid dreamed before, more than once. Is there a step I am missing to astral projection?

First off I just want to say that everyone who consciously projects does not experience vibrations or sounds or anything of the matter as you described, some people experience nothing out of the normal. Only some people experience those symptoms and even for the people that do every single projection they have doesn't always have those symptons occur before and during they leave their body. Laying there in meditation looking and waiting for those events such as vibrations and hearing sounds to happen is like watching water boil. As long as you sit there waiting for it and thinking about it you are that much less likely to have it happen.

From my experience astral projection through meditation has most frequently occurred when I gave up trying to make it happen and just allowed myself to have a very nice and relaxing meditation session. The more you sit there waiting for it to happen and thinking about it the less likely you are to project. Your brain needs to be extremely clear and relaxed in most cases and you sitting there thinking about the symptoms you want to occur is going to prevent that from happening.

Usually prior to vibrations I will actually have a period of time where I lose total consciousness similar to when you first start falling asleep. Then suddenly my consciousness will get zapped back and return and I will be fully aware, but instead of being in my physical body I will be inside of a subtle body and then the vibrations begin and my astral body leaves my physical and etheric body. From my experience when a conscious projection occurs while metaphorically we are leaving our physical body, actually what is occuring is we are leaving our etheric body while we are inside of our astral body. Regardless though this only occurs when I am not consciously attempting to project and just allow myself to relax and enjoy meditation.

You might not be able to project through meditation, or it might just take a lot of work and practice to allow yourself to become relaxed enough. Either way I am going to suggest you start attempting to project through your sleeping patterns. Personally I project a lot every single week through a short sleeping pattern and the use of a Delta wave binaural beat. To sum it up I basically fall asleep listening to the binaural beat and I am not a very deep sleeper so I wake up typically every 2-4 hours. If the binaural beat has played the few hours I have slept and my earbuds haven't fallen out then more often than not this will lead to a projection. When I wake up from 2-4 hours of sleeping I will not move at all, or move the least amount possible. The more you move the more chances of you messing up the projection. Then I will just lay there still and relax as if I was going back to sleep and usually with in a minute or so the vibrations will sink in and I will easily leave my body.

Using this method I am able to have upwards of 10-20 projections a week. Through meditation only I would probably be lucky to have 2-3 projections a week. Not to mention my method I use through sleeping also brings about countless lucid dreams every week. And through those lucid dreams I am able to have conscious projections as well. Almost everytime a lucid dream ends for me as long as I do not move around and just relax it will either lead into another lucid dream that I remain conscious as I fall asleep and get teleported back into the astral planes, or it will lead to a conscious projection.

You are not a broken projector you just have not found and figured out what works best for you personally. I can say though the more you try to have a projection the less likely you are to actually have it. You have to give up trying to project while in meditation because the more you try the less relaxed you will become. This is a common problem for beginners because for starters you don't even know what symptoms and side-effects to look for, and even if you did you don't know what they feel like. So you are wasting your time meditating and waiting for them to happen, you have to just allow yourself to be in a state of being instead of a state of thought and you will be much more likely to project through meditation. Personally I am going to suggest you start attempting to project through one of the numerous sleeping pattern techniques. They are far easier for most people because they remove the most difficult part of projecting which is allowing yourself to become relaxed enough. Through sleeping we naturally become relaxed enough to project. If you would like I can recommend a Delta wave binaural beat for you to try, I have already told you how to project using my short sleeping pattern method.
Old 20-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Knower

"I can say though the more you try to have a projection the less likely you are to actually have it. You have to give up trying to project while in meditation because the more you try the less relaxed you will become"

Monroe's technique states to keep your mind focused firmly on projecting.
Old 20-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Master
Quote:
"I can say though the more you try to have a projection the less likely you are to actually have it. You have to give up trying to project while in meditation because the more you try the less relaxed you will become"

Monroe's technique states to keep your mind focused firmly on projecting.

A lot of different writers suggest doing that, but I am speaking from personal experience as well as reading a boatload of other people's experiences, and even helping many others achieve astral projection that when you are meditating solely for the purpose of projecting and you are "focused" on it in other words thinking about it you are far less likely to actually project than you would be if you just allowed yourself to relax and meditate for no specific purpose. The stuff that is written in books or on these forums for that matter is not set in concrete. There are no rules or laws for achieveing astral projection that must or must not be done.

Just because Monroe says you need to focus on projecting and that works for him doesn't necessarily means it is going to work for anyone else including you. Robert Bruce suggests that you should visualize yourself climbing a rope out of your body and I can say from personal experience if I used that technique and imagined myself climbing out of my body I would of never achieved astral projection through meditation. I have read more accounts of people achieveing astral projection when they are not thinking about it than accounts of people achieveing it while they are thinking about it. The problem with focusing on anything during astral projection is that unless you are incredibly skilled at meditation you are not going to be able to realistically stay focused on just that specific thing. So as you lose your focus on astral projection your focus is just going to redirect itself to something else and by the time you realize it and redirect it back to astral projection you will already have wasted some crucial time, because when it's all said and done you can only meditate so long until you become so uncomfortable you have to take a break.

So instead of wasting time playing tag with your focus I suggest you relax and meditate for the purpose of enjoying meditation. If you absolutely must focus on something then focus on either relaxing or your breathing. If you are focused on something as complex as astral projection you are going to be thinking way too much to ever achieve it. Even if somehow you magically made it to vibrational stage by focusing on astral projection chances are you are not going to be able to free your astral head from your other bodies. I have heard countless accounts of this happening and I believe it occurs because the person is focusing on astral projection which is causing them to think way too much. By thinking way too much the electricity running through their brains carrying their thoughts creates a magnetic pull on their head and prevents their astral body from seperating from their other bodies. This is a very common occurrence and has even happened to me on a couple occasions when I attempted to project by focusing on astral projection, or anything else for that matter.

So I am not saying that Monroe is wrong or that any other authors are right or wrong for that matter. You just need to understand that authors are writing about what works for them just like I am, and with that said what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for the next. I am sure that when Monroe wrote his book on astral projection he had been projecting for an extended period of time, so he was likely advanced enough in meditation and projecting that focusing on it worked for him. But for starters in all of the accounts I have read focusing on astral projection has not worked and when they just relaxed and didn't focus on any major thought or notion they achieved projection much easier and quicker. If focusing on projecting hasn't worked for you then you might want to start thinking about trying something different so that you can find what works for you personally.
Old 29-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Experiencer
Astral Explorer that was well-said. & actually gave me some new techniques to try-i think I have been doing it wrong all along. You're like a Ph.D helping people with AP I swear.
But honestly 333xforever, from personal experience & I have recently figured this out-except it was for different things-not astral projection-- Astral Explorer was right about something, by not worrying about projecting & getting into this state of "being" you are more likely to reach your goal. I've noticed proof with this with my own spirituality recently. Don't worry & let things be & you are more likely to experience things that you have been determined to experience all along.
Old 29-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa_summer
Astral Explorer that was well-said. & actually gave me some new techniques to try-i think I have been doing it wrong all along. You're like a Ph.D helping people with AP I swear.
But honestly 333xforever, from personal experience & I have recently figured this out-except it was for different things-not astral projection-- Astral Explorer was right about something, by not worrying about projecting & getting into this state of "being" you are more likely to reach your goal. I've noticed proof with this with my own spirituality recently. Don't worry & let things be & you are more likely to experience things that you have been determined to experience all along.

What Astral Explorer said was definitely relevant to the ability of projecting. I think its more of comprehension and understanding of astral projection, which determines your ability to project fluently. I've begun reading a book called "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce. I don't know about most people here, but I'm very interested in the science behind astral projection. It really motivates you to look into depth of what astral projection really is.
First, I took astral projection as, lay in bed and try to project. But you first need to understand the concepts, principles, and laws of astral projection before attempting it. I would recommend the book to anyone else in the same situation; it covers in depth: astral physics, dimensional theory, how to project, and pretty much everything to know about astral projection on many different levels.
Old 29-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
What Astral Explorer said was definitely relevant to the ability of projecting. I think its more of comprehension and understanding of astral projection, which determines your ability to project fluently. I've begun reading a book called "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce. I don't know about most people here, but I'm very interested in the science behind astral projection. It really motivates you to look into depth of what astral projection really is.
First, I took astral projection as, lay in bed and try to project. But you first need to understand the concepts, principles, and laws of astral projection before attempting it. I would recommend the book to anyone else in the same situation; it covers in depth: astral physics, dimensional theory, how to project, and pretty much everything to know about astral projection on many different levels.

I actually have that book on iBooks on my ipad lol. I haven't had the chance to really go through it all yet-I have SO many others to read at the moment in regards of interesting topics found through out this forum. Lol I'll go back & take a look at it tonight though!
I agree that understanding the basics can most certainly help. But some people project almost every single night that don't even understand what it is that is happening. -which btw I am completely jealous of people who are skilled & able to do that without even practicing. I think it just depends on the person! From trying to understand why things happen like they do & finding words to diagnose & describe certain experiences definitely helps our clarity of it all, & helps us to make sense of it-we absorb that knowledge & in turn create a learning experience-maybe that "comfort" of knowing what to do next & our "expectations" helps ease our minds & increases our odds of fully projecting-so I guess you are right!

But in all honesty, this one day I experienced a "half projection" & "woke up" but still had the feeling of being asleep-& could hear things around me, like my boyfriend's parents downstairs & the dog moving around & getting antsy to go outside..My third eye was open & looking around the room & it was somewhat blurry because I was still laying inside my physical body & could see through the layers of my ethereal, subtle body..I just remember holding my (spirit) hands out in front of me & spreading my fingers & staring at them in amazement. Someone walked into the room & I was instantly "zapped" back into my physical. At the time being I don't think I was focused on anything-the night before I just laid down & was exhausted so I intended on sleep rather than projecting like usual. So I slept deep, everything was "black" until that randomly happened in the morning. I can't explain it. & I wonder what would have happened if no one walked into the room & abruptly awakening me. Knowing that I experienced this gives me hope though. & what astral explorer said makes a lot of sense & rings true to me.
Old 29-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Pathfinder

I almost never have vibrations anymore. If you are in sleep paralysis, next time instead if laying there in paralysis waiting for something to happen, just get up. Just physically try sitting up. This is how I project most often now. I tell myself to get up, and my astral body gets up and there I am standing on my bed.
Old 29-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
I next time instead if laying there in paralysis waiting for something to happen, just get up. Just physically try sitting up. This is how I project most often now. I tell myself to get up, and my astral body gets up and there I am standing on my bed.
This is excellent advice. Well done.