Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Solitude

The misery of after-death communication books

I enjoy reading books on the afterlife but, when it comes to receiving messages from the dead, I tune out. All these anecdotes of people getting messages from their loved ones create a hope to also hear from the dead. When nothing comes, it only creates unrealistic expectations and misery. I want to believe but...
Old 28-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Solitude,

I wouldn't give up hope, sometimes it just takes awhile to happen. I do believe it is possible.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 29-05-2012, 04:59 AM
LovingMistress

Hi Sol , I'm in the same boat as you - It pains me also . I believe we can communicate outside of our mouths - I communicate freely with most animals , at least those who want to talk to me - That gives me faith , but in what I don't know, because however hard I try , I get nothing from the 'other side' . I too read the books, joined this site , etc ... I'll keep on trying :) I hope you do too .
Old 29-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Solitude

Yes, I keep on praying to ''my dead''. Sometimes I plead and get frustrated: ''Why can't you give me a sign, just a little sign? Where are you?''. I do wonder if it's true, why we can't have a last message from the other side.

I can't really read books on after-death communication, it's just too frustrating to me. I feel jealous of others who get messages. It's dumb, I know, but it's the way I sometimes feel.
Old 29-05-2012, 06:26 AM
LovingMistress

Sol- I couldn't agree more with what you're saying . I've literally pleaded, begged , even for the tiniest little sign - even something that I could create a sign out of !!! Yet still all I find myself with is blind faith - I agree, it's not enough ! My anger flits between myself for not being able to receive anything, and unfortunately also towards the people I love, for not 'trying' hard enough to give me the sign I desperately need ! I don't sit here angry , demanding spirits talk to me , not at all, I have many moments , days , weeeks, months even , of calm --- But still, nothing ! I understand , and it hurts.
Old 29-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Administrator
The trouble is if you dont get a message you get downhearted, and think it will never happen, what you need to be aware of is time means nothing in the spirit world. what you see as weeks months etc, may only be minutes in the spirit realm.

Namaste
Old 29-05-2012, 11:23 PM
LovingMistress

But don't spirits have the knowledge that time means something on earth , it can be so frustrating - I agree I get so disheartened, and I almost feel myself getting further away from it happening in the process. I guess we'll have to hold on to our patience Sol , and a little hope !
Old 30-05-2012, 04:06 AM
Master
Solitude... For me these kinds of communication happen in the heart, not the head. Next time try breathing gently down into your being, then quietly open up and listen. And let us know what happens.

Xan

Old 30-05-2012, 08:42 AM
RichMartini

Hi Solitude. It's a bit like sitting in a room with a couple of friends. And one friend says "Oh wow, they're having some kind of crazy party next door, we should go over there, can't you hear it?" And you say "What party?"

The other friend says "I can't stand it when I hear people partying next door, it's so annoying!" And you look over at them. Are they crazy? What party are they talking about?

Some folks hear from their departed loved ones. I do. Not all of them. Just a few. I asked my dad once after he passed why he was asking me to write something down for my brothers and he said simply "Because you can hear me." I wasn't trying to hear him - it just happened that way.

However, I have been cataloging people talking to the dead - through hypnotherapy - which includes past life regressions, seeing soul mates, seeing departed loved ones. I can tell you the stories are dramatic, rich, wonderful - but only for those people who had them. They had the profound feeling that they saw or spoke to their loved one for some period of time - held their hand once more, looked into their eyes, understood why they had to depart. So one could argue that it doesn't matter whether it's true or not - as clear as I feel writing this word on my computer right now, i can tell you that same experience was hearing my father's voice.<snip>.

<snip> I've been hearing and seeing dead folks my whole life, just never mentioned it to anyone before. So they got to make an appearance in the book (and documentary, which is now up at amazon). But I mention this because the good news is that thousands of people have said the same things about the afterlife. And one of the really cool things they say is that our loved ones can reach us at any time.

We may not be able to hear them or see them - but they are there. And they can reach out to you. How? Well, I've reported some pretty clever ones - they may get you to focus your hearing on a song that's playing on the radio that was their favorite tune. They may focus your eye up to a photograph of them on the wall - and you think "that's a coincidence - I was just thinking of her." I've found one exercise to be of value in this area - take a photo of a departed loved one (important that you knew them, as they knew you and your energy pattern) and ask them a question. It shouldn't be too easy like "how are you?" Because that's an easy one. "I'm dead, how do you think I am?" Just kidding - actually it's always "I'm fine," or "I'm ok." But perhaps a specific question - where is, or how is, or "where can I find" are good ones. And really focus on the person when asking it - picture them, really see them - and then ask.

I had one person say during their session that I filmed "My mom is showing me a cell phone - and she's saying "speaking to us in the afterlife is just like using a cellphone - you push some buttons and your loved ones voice appears - you have no idea how that works,but it does. It's the same in the spirit world. We can hear you, and we might not be able to get you to hear us, but we can find a way to communicate to you." Lovely thought indeed.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 30-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Air

Great insights here. You also have to realize that you may have been getting messages all along, but far more subtle than you'd have liked. Sometimes it isn't always a vivid dream, hand on the shoulder, picture falling off the wall -- things that are hard to ignore and you recognize immediately.

But it can be, after doing, say, what Xan says, something you think on at a later time... the AHA! moment, where you connect the dots, or snap your fingers, or the apple hits you on the noggin.