Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornonthecusp
I have to admit, I didn't understand exactly what you meant at the time so i stayed quiet. But am I right in thinking that you meant that Time just is and that man made a way to measure it?

Sure, there are patterns and frequencies in nature, so basically, time is rhythm, and man just measures the rhythms which occur in nature. It can be counted beats, which is clocks, metronomes, pendulums and so forth, or it can be the way many different drummers can synchronise to the same beat beat.
Old 22-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Time.

If eternity is woven into our universe and into our spiritual beings..
What is time .. to you?
Why is it important ... to you?

Hello to all who responded to these questions!
All great responses!

I just want to clarify...
In this context, I meant the flow, changing, and passing that age universe.and all within in it.
Not the name or the measurement of these.

Anyway.. back to the pondering and questioning...
Old 22-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sure, there are patterns and frequencies in nature, so basically, time is rhythm, and man just measures the rhythms which occur in nature.... .
I like how you define it.
I also wonder if we are even measuring it correctly. Probably not...
Old 23-09-2018, 03:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
I like how you define it.
I also wonder if we are even measuring it correctly. Probably not...

well time and rhythms are related, from a mathematical perspective when you are describing them. with rhythms perhaps a little easier to comprehend... There are mathematical translations you can do to go from describing in terms of 'time' to describing in terms of 'rhythms' and back. Even something like a single instance of something that happens only once in time can be described in terms of a set of rhythms. Although the set gets quite large and hard to comprehend lol!

as far as measuring it, all you can do really is measure the way things change. And then infer what you want from there?

But basically frm what I can tell 4-D reality was split into 3-D reality plus this 4th directional dimension that has been arranged to teach us about the concept of 'time'? Then time as we know it is just another spatial dimension, given special properties for how we are allowed to traverse it. Not to say we COULDN'T go backwards or sideways in that spatial dimension, jsut it has been arranged so that that is very difficult.
Old 23-09-2018, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
well time and rhythms are related, from a mathematical perspective when you are describing them. with rhythms perhaps a little easier to comprehend... There are mathematical translations you can do to go from describing in terms of 'time' to describing in terms of 'rhythms' and back. Even something like a single instance of something that happens only once in time can be described in terms of a set of rhythms. Although the set gets quite large and hard to comprehend lol!

as far as measuring it, all you can do really is measure the way things change. And then infer what you want from there?

But basically frm what I can tell 4-D reality was split into 3-D reality plus this 4th directional dimension that has been arranged to teach us about the concept of 'time'? Then time as we know it is just another spatial dimension, given special properties for how we are allowed to traverse it. Not to say we COULDN'T go backwards or sideways in that spatial dimension, jsut it has been arranged so that that is very difficult.

Some things only happen at a particular rate. For example, a pendulum oscillates at the exact same rate regardless if it swings one inch or three feet. We measure time by counting the number of such oscillations. Hence we can objectively measure duration by counting 'beats'.

The subjective experience is more interesting because we can be aware of any given rhythm of a drummer and move to it, clap along, knowing exacty when the next beat falls, so the natural law that governs a pendulum is also natural within ourselves as a sense of rhythm. But the experience of playing drums, singing and dancing tends to elicit a trance-like state in which we forget time as we become fully immersed in the music (or immersed in any experience for that matter).
Old 23-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Seeker
Time is very important for the things that we want to do in life.

I don't want to disrespect the people that say time is an illusion, but for all intents and purposes everything is so based on time spans and sequences that I don't care to get into that argument.

But time is ultimately a tool and nothing else; just as you use a menu as a tool to order food and you would never take a bite out of the laminated paper, we just need to use the time that we have as wisely as possible in order to create the best possible lives for ourselves and others.
"The Godhead is never an object of it’s own knowledge. Just as a knife doesn’t cut itself, fire doesn’t burn itself, light doesn’t illumine itself. It’s always an endless mystery to itself." - Alan Watts

http://www.enlightenedpursuits.com
Old 24-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 First Tetrahedral Atomic Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
We measure time by counting the number of such oscillations. Hence we can objectively measure duration by counting 'beats'.

This was basis for first ammonia atomic clock and was based on one atom oscillating back and forth between three others ergo a tetrahedral inside-outing and then back, process.

..."vibrations of excited ammonia molecules. The ammonia molecule (NH3) consists of a pyramid --{ tetrahedron }-- with a nitrogen atom at the apex and one hydrogen atom at each corner of the triangular base."...
http://www.oxfordreference.com/view/...10803095408923

And in more recent times a tetrahedral arrangment of laser beams are used.

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/351870/

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 24-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 2D > 3D Via Holographic Scenarios and Black Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedPursuits
I don't want to disrespect the people that say time is an illusion,...

Illusion of Observed Time reality exists for two primary reasons;

1} only theseemingly 2D { | | now is existent past is gone ergo not here and now and future not here and now.
...< Past < Out ( * | * ) < In < Future <....

2} Jacob Bekenstiens black hole mathematics showing that what is inside the presumed 3D black hole is expressed on its seemingly 2D outer surface aka the event horizon and led Jacob to state, that, we appear to be 2D creatures having and illusion of 3D.

Jacob then went on to create some holographic scenarios.

Leonard Susskind --the basis for LIGO fame--- and his string theory arrived at similar conclusions from differrent mathematical direction. See utybe Leonard Susskind and hologrphic ideas.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 24-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Newbie ;)

I often wonder
Old 25-10-2018, 05:49 AM
Master
Time, measurement, space ...

Check out https://youtu.be/9X48Y_cBqcA