Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 06-01-2020, 03:34 PM
Master
Children's idea of self

Have you ever noticed how small children play hide and seek by covering their eyes and think they're invisible. Posting for anyones interest:

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2012/10/23...ng-their-eyes/
Old 16-02-2020, 11:33 AM
Master
Ahahahahahahaaaa! x'D

Thanks for this amazing perspective. I never looked at it that way. Indeed children are often still more often connected to their higher wisdom than adults.

For have you not seen, that when you close your eyes, all your friends dissapear? And they cannot find you anymore. Because you are invisible to them. But if you call out your presence, then they know you are there, and so it becomes easier to find them. Because they will think about not wanting to be found. Which causes them to not want to be found. Which causes them to not want to - - - - - > BE FOUND!

And thus God is all embracing, and evermore calling.

Unconditional love to you and all.
Old 17-02-2020, 02:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Indeed children are often still more often connected to their higher wisdom than adults.
I think you're right there. They have no filter developed either, so the truth comes straight out
Old 17-02-2020, 03:06 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Have you ever noticed how small children play hide and seek by covering their eyes and think they're invisible. Posting for anyones interest:

Great article. A while back I became interested in and did some reading up on how the ego develops throughout childhood through various stages. It’s quite fascinating. Gradually (or sometimes in fits and starts), the body becomes my body, and through time, “I” becomes the beliefs about self that we call the ego. By the time we are adults, we have this model of self build on the input of others, the contemplation of a "self reflection" within, and the experiences we have had with the world and what we think it tells us about ourselves. This is the self we carry around inside, naturally thinking and feeling it is who we are. We forget that it is a construction of the mind, carved out with the input of others and the world as we experience and understand it.
Interestingly, we also create a super-ego. That person that our mind believes the world wants and expects us to be. Sadly, if the ego was built with bad input and bad experiences, we may find our “self” sorely lacking when compared to the super-ego, and may feel we must hide who we believe we are from the world. The shame we feel is meant to motivate us to become the person we have created in the super-ego, that person we believe society expects us, and therefore we need, to be. Yet if we feel we are lacking enough, that such a goal is hopelessly out of reach, the pain of the shame can lead to us hiding our created model of self from our own mind as well. If we "close our eyes" to that person, choose not to look at it, then that self does in a sense become "invisible", and we need not experience the pain of looking at its flaws. It is an incredibly lonely and often dysfunctional way to live, rejecting oneself based on what one has been taught and believes themselves to be, instead, living through the, “lies that we make up for all that we lack”.
Yet that self that hid it's eyes, it’s windows to the soul, and innocently thought (knew?) it was invisible way back when, that uncarved block, is still there. It is just hidden beneath the mask of mud the human mind has created for it over a lifetime. Remembering that is who we were born as, and is who we truly are, can be a very powerful and healing (cleansing) realization.
Old 17-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
I think you're right there. They have no filter developed either, so the truth comes straight out
Yeah I can also not care about reality, and thus stay more fully connected to my true source of being. Then reality is just another excuse to be inspired. To define and fine tune. Greater allowed realisation of everlasting joy that is our true heritage.
Old 17-02-2020, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Great article. A while back I became interested in and did some reading up on how the ego develops throughout childhood through various stages. It’s quite fascinating. Gradually (or sometimes in fits and starts), the body becomes my body, and through time, “I” becomes the beliefs about self that we call the ego. By the time we are adults, we have this model of self build on the input of others, the contemplation of a "self reflection" within, and the experiences we have had with the world and what we think it tells us about ourselves. This is the self we carry around inside, naturally thinking and feeling it is who we are. We forget that it is a construction of the mind, carved out with the input of others and the world as we experience and understand it.
Interestingly, we also create a super-ego. That person that our mind believes the world wants and expects us to be. Sadly, if the ego was built with bad input and bad experiences, we may find our “self” sorely lacking when compared to the super-ego, and may feel we must hide who we believe we are from the world. The shame we feel is meant to motivate us to become the person we have created in the super-ego, that person we believe society expects us, and therefore we need, to be. Yet if we feel we are lacking enough, that such a goal is hopelessly out of reach, the pain of the shame can lead to us hiding our created model of self from our own mind as well. If we "close our eyes" to that person, choose not to look at it, then that self does in a sense become "invisible", and we need not experience the pain of looking at its flaws. It is an incredibly lonely and often dysfunctional way to live, rejecting oneself based on what one has been taught and believes themselves to be, instead, living through the, “lies that we make up for all that we lack”.
Yet that self that hid it's eyes, it’s windows to the soul, and innocently thought (knew?) it was invisible way back when, that uncarved block, is still there. It is just hidden beneath the mask of mud the human mind has created for it over a lifetime. Remembering that is who we were born as, and is who we truly are, can be a very powerful and healing (cleansing) realization.

It's sad to see when children start to become hardened by the world sooner than they should.
Old 17-02-2020, 07:23 PM
ketzer

Quote:
It's sad to see when children start to become hardened by the world sooner than they should.
Hardening is a good way to put it. It is the ego that hardens, and I suppose when depends on how much fire the clay is exposed to at what age. Sometimes the child does not have the luxury of playing with different shapes and designs before having to put it in the kiln and get it ready for use. If the world threatens then I must know who I am if I am going to device my strategy to deal with it. Sad I suppose, but all life experience is valuable, and some things need to be lived to be truly understood. At least there is always the option, no matter how hardened the heart has become in life, to be born again.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Elfin

Quote:

Hi... Very very interesting. And very "telling"... Little children "know" things that adults have stored away into the sub-conscious mind. Doesn't this just say it all??......