Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Master
The Message

Something totally amazing happened to me today...an "off the wall" synchronicity.

I was frequenting my local charity store, and I usually head straight for the self-help and New Age sections, because I will only read spiritual and metaphysical books...I was looking for something totally different from the hundreds of books I already own on such matters...I couldn't find anything.

Something made me go and browse through the few dozen or so antique books in the store and I hardly ever do that, because for the few times I have done so in the past, there has been absolutely nothing there which got my heart pounding.

Today was going to be different.

As I looked among those books, I saw something...an old, tattered book with a really old cover and bindings so I picked it up...

"The Master Speaks" by Joel S. Goldsmith.

I opened it to the preface and started reading..

"Illumination dissolves all material ties and binds men together with the golden chains of spiritual understanding; it acknowledges only the leadership of The Christ ; it has no ritual or rule, but the divine, impersonal, Universal Love and no other worship but the Inner Flame that is ever lit at the Shrine of Spirit. This union is the free state of spiritual brotherhood. The only restraint is the discipline of Soul, therefore we know liberty without license; we are a united Universe without physical limits in a Divine service to God without ceremony or Creed. The illumined walk without fear - by Grace." From "The Infinite Way" by Joel S Goldsmith

I flicked through a few more pages to the "Table of Contents"...

1. Oneness with God
2. Reality of Spirit
3. Seeing and Hearing
4. Error
5. The "I" that "I" AM
6. The Divine Consciousness
7. God
8. The Healing Ministry
9. A High Form of Treatment
10. Spiritual Existence
11. The "Allness" of God
12. God Consciousness
13. Individual Consciousness
14. Christ Consciousness
15. Meditation and Healing
16. Healing and Silence
17. The ever-present Christ
18. The Infinite Way
19. The Infinite Invisible
20. Truth Unfolding.

This book looked very interesting...So I bought it for $7.

I read the back cover and noticed other publications by the same author...but rather than transcribe them here..

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=j...obile&ie=UTF-8

I looked at the date of publication...It was August 1957. :)

I squealed with sheer delight..The New age was suddenly old age because there is nothing new under the sun..

I haven't read the book yet... waiting for a suitable time to do so...but I get the feeling that this will take me on a nice detour from my ongoing journey.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Master
I love books like this, and love finding them. I overdosed on the Christian esotericism back in the day. But I've had a break for years now and would no doubt enjoy a book like this, I even checked it out online already. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Master
sounds great
Old 10-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Experiencer

Wow what an interesting find and obviously one you where meant to make. The introduction alone makes me want to read it and looking at the chapter labels makes me beyond curious. I hope you enjoy your treasure and maybe start a thread to share some of its inner teachings as well. I would love to read it.

Namaste`
Old 10-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Master

I frequent thrift stores looking for books too. I have one room I've converted into a library, I have collected so many books

Here's what I collect

Gardening
Animal husbandry
Cookbooks (of course)
Novels
Antiques (the book, not the subject)
And of course, spiritual books which I have by far more of than any other category.

Many a time I have found a new treasure in the religion/spiritual section. Many out of print or long forgotten. Sounds like Universe gave you a little present today.

Bet you'll be checking out the antique section more often.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:18 AM
Master
Thank you all for replying. <3

Well, today I went back to the same thrift store and headed straight for the antique books section.

There was a book there today that was not there two days ago:

"Release From Nervous Tension" by Dr. David Harold Fink, published in 1945.

As I started looking through it, I was amazed that this doctor, back in 1945, said many things...if not MORE things than current psychiatry says, some 73 years later.

I also noticed the reference to his other book; "Be Your Real Self".

So, I looked at the table of contents:

1. Even Dogs Get Neurotic
2. Meet The Interbrain
3. The Mind Tells The Body
4. And The Body Talks Back
5. Self-Directed Relaxation: The Way Out
6. Let Go - A Little More
7. How Relaxation Works
8. Action Leads To Freedom
9. Play Is Good Medicine
10. Words Are Triggers To Action
11. Every Man Is His Own Analyst
12. The First Ten Years Are The Hardest
13. Treat Yourself To A Fresh Start
14. Are You Allergic To Some People?
15. Try On A New Attitude

As I started flicking through it, reading bits here and there...I noticed that this is behavioural psychology at its FINEST hour! There are also things about Mindfulness in it, being natural and spontaneous, how to express yourself freely...I have never read a book about psychology and treatment for nervous tension LIKE it....and this was 1945!

It made me realise that there were a few people that knew this stuff even back THEN...but unfortunately, they have been long forgotten...nobody even knew they existed and modern psychology and medicine is only 'discovering' these things NOW and saying it is a 'new thing/treatment'...that has been around for 70+ years, in the books and writings of others nobody took seriously.

Suffice to say, I bought that book as well and I am reading this one first.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you all for replying. <3

Well, today I went back to the same thrift store and headed straight for the antique books section.

There was a book there today that was not there two days ago:

"Release From Nervous Tension" by Dr. David Harold Fink, published in 1945.

As I started looking through it, I was amazed that this doctor, back in 1945, said many things...if not MORE things than current psychiatry says, some 73 years later.

I also noticed the reference to his other book; "Be Your Real Self".

So, I looked at the table of contents:

1. Even Dogs Get Neurotic
2. Meet The Interbrain
3. The Mind Tells The Body
4. And The Body Talks Back
5. Self-Directed Relaxation: The Way Out
6. Let Go - A Little More
7. How Relaxation Works
8. Action Leads To Freedom
9. Play Is Good Medicine
10. Words Are Triggers To Action
11. Every Man Is His Own Analyst
12. The First Ten Years Are The Hardest
13. Treat Yourself To A Fresh Start
14. Are You Allergic To Some People?
15. Try On A New Attitude

As I started flicking through it, reading bits here and there...I noticed that this is behavioural psychology at its FINEST hour! There are also things about Mindfulness in it, being natural and spontaneous, how to express yourself freely...I have never read a book about psychology and treatment for nervous tension LIKE it....and this was 1945!

It made me realise that there were a few people that knew this stuff even back THEN...but unfortunately, they have been long forgotten...nobody even knew they existed and modern psychology and medicine is only 'discovering' these things NOW and saying it is a 'new thing/treatment'...that has been around for 70+ years, in the books and writings of others nobody took seriously.

Suffice to say, I bought that book as well and I am reading this one first.

Thank you for the recommendation !
Old 12-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Master

Oh goody, another book treasure!
Old 12-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Master

I love experiencing synchronicity. Hope you decide to share anything that is being shared with you.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:58 PM
Master
Fish just a side note...

A lot of what is considered "new age" really started back with a Russian psychic named Helena Blavatsky who went to India to learn about mysticism and then came back home and co-founded the Theosophical society in 1875. The Theosophists took the ancient Indian knowledge, mixed with with other stuff and their own readings and it became very popular throughout the Western world. There is nothing new about new age. Mysticism is found in every culture going back millennia to before recorded human history. It's the root of everything.