Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 24-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Seeker

Awakening a kundalini

I have heard that the correct way to awaken the kundalini is to begin opening the upper first chakras, and then to move on to the basic chakra.

If you do not do this, kundalini can rise and unleash various problems.

Is this information true? What better way to awaken kundalini?
Old 27-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Ascender

Do you meditate?
Do you do yoga?
Have you had any spiritual experiences?
Why do you want to raise it?
What country do you live in?

I'm just trying to get an idea of who you are
Old 27-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocacasada
I have heard that the correct way to awaken the kundalini is to begin opening the upper first chakras, and then to move on to the basic chakra.

The real foundation work is described here http://www.swamij.com/kundalini-awakening.htm but whether kundalini work leads somewhere truly valuable is another question.

This is an interesting read which lays out some clear research and analysis of all the paths available http://www.meditationexpert.com/bestandworstnew.htm

Gotta be worth spending a bit of time and money on finding out where you want to go spiritually before plunging in without a clue.
Old 28-05-2018, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocacasada

Ideally and in most cases, Kundalini will only awaken when Crown/Sahasrara Chakra is open (and all others), but in order to open the 'upper chakras' all of the lower ones need to be opened first, or else the 'upper chakras' will simply remain closed. This is why Patanjali placed so much importance on creating a stable 'ground base' through his 8 limbs of Yoga.

I made a thread about this once...lemme see if I can find it:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...1&postcount=13

In my case, when Kundalini was activated and rose up, all of my chakras were open except for one...my throat chakra and the throat chakra is the most important one, because it is the 'boss' and the 'regulator' of all the rest of them. In fact, if the throat chakra is opened first, usually the rest will follow suit as a matter of course.

However, when Kundalini rises in me, it reaches my closed off throat chakra, and having nowhere else to go, it flows across my shoulders, down my arms and out my hands...which is excellent...if you want to be a 'healer' of course.

Often, some of the energy will totally bypass my throat chakra and go up another nerve, into my head and reach the 'upper chakras'...but this nerve is only very small and not really 'energy load bearing' and a lot of the time, it overloads...and a fuse is blown (we have all just witnessed this happening with me recently).

Working on my throat chakra is my 'life lesson' this time around and a LOT of it has to do with me seeking acknowledgment and appreciation externally to justify my actions, when I should be seeking it internally, or just going "what other people say and do bears no relevance in my 'reality"...but I am finding it very difficult to deal with the social isolation this causes because apart from Source and the total, unconditional love that provides, being 'spiritual' is a very isolating and lonely existence because each of us is like a 'snowflake' and the only thing we can say, is that we are all 'snowflakes'.

Anyway, enough of that...but I hope you may be able to see and understand this and all the best to you.
Old 28-05-2018, 04:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Ideally and in most cases, Kundalini will only awaken when Crown/Sahasrara Chakra is open (and all others), but in order to open the 'upper chakras' all of the lower ones need to be opened first, or else the 'upper chakras' will simply remain closed. This is why Patanjali placed so much importance on creating a stable 'ground base' through his 8 limbs of Yoga.

I made a thread about this once...lemme see if I can find it:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...1&postcount=13

In my case, when Kundalini was activated and rose up, all of my chakras were open except for one...my throat chakra and the throat chakra is the most important one, because it is the 'boss' and the 'regulator' of all the rest of them. In fact, if the throat chakra is opened first, usually the rest will follow suit as a matter of course.

However, when Kundalini rises in me, it reaches my closed off throat chakra, and having nowhere else to go, it flows across my shoulders, down my arms and out my hands...which is excellent...if you want to be a 'healer' of course.

Often, some of the energy will totally bypass my throat chakra and go up another nerve, into my head and reach the 'upper chakras'...but this nerve is only very small and not really 'energy load bearing' and a lot of the time, it overloads...and a fuse is blown (we have all just witnessed this happening with me recently).

Working on my throat chakra is my 'life lesson' this time around and a LOT of it has to do with me seeking acknowledgment and appreciation externally to justify my actions, when I should be seeking it internally, or just going "what other people say and do bears no relevance in my 'reality"...but I am finding it very difficult to deal with the social isolation this causes because apart from Source and the total, unconditional love that provides, being 'spiritual' is a very isolating and lonely existence because each of us is like a 'snowflake' and the only thing we can say, is that we are all 'snowflakes'.

Anyway, enough of that...but I hope you may be able to see and understand this and all the best to you.

Thank you so much for sharing the link ,I really needed to see it.
Old 28-05-2018, 04:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Thank you so much for sharing the link ,I really needed to see it.
You are more than welcome.

You ask me a lot of things...however, if you just follow me around for a while, you will get those answers you seek without me having to specifically and explicitly tell you. This is how it works.
Old 28-05-2018, 04:59 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
You are more than welcome.

You ask me a lot of things...however, if you just follow me around for a while, you will get those answers you seek without me having to specifically and explicitly tell you. This is how it works.

Sorry for that.

I really have a lot of questions.

Would it be possible for you to tell me somewhere else (or maybe here,I will follow you if it is somewhere else ) what did Shiv ji meant by "purity" ?

I will start working on myself to be more "pure" if can let me know ...

Have a great day !

P.S. I will start following you more to see what more questions of mine can be answered this way.
Old 28-05-2018, 05:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Sorry for that.

I really have a lot of questions.

Would it be possible for you to tell me somewhere else (or maybe here,I will follow you if it is somewhere else ) what did Shiv ji meant by "purity" ?

I will start working on myself to be more "pure" if can let me know ...

Have a great day !

P.S. I will start following you more to see what more questions of mine can be answered this way.
If you actually go into the Yamas and Niyamas, you will see that Yamas have to do with the 'purity of mind' whilst Niyamas have to do with the 'purity of body' and this is what was meant.

I know you have a lot of questions, bombarding me and overwhelming me with them constantly until I have no room to work or even breathe and that's not good for either of us.

Yes, keep following me around and they will reveal themselves in due course...you just need to have a bit more patience and that is all.
Old 28-05-2018, 05:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
If you actually go into the Yamas and Niyamas, you will see that Yamas have to do with the 'purity of mind' whilst Niyamas have to do with the 'purity of body' and this is what was meant.

I know you have a lot of questions, bombarding me and overwhelming me with them constantly until I have no room to work or even breathe and that's not good for either of us.

Yes, keep following me around and they will reveal themselves in due course...you just need to have a bit more patience and that is all.

Sure.

I understand that you need more space.

Will follow you for getting the rest of my questions answered.
Old 25-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Knower

Kundalini - the serpent power.

Good book about is The serpent power, by John Woodroffe. Translantion original eastern texts. Is free on net.
But, awakening kundalini do only yogis who want to end the cycles of their lives.
Others only try to open a one of the chakras and gain the siddhi powers.