Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangarus
I have become disillusioned with the light path.

How do you understand the "light path"? What does that mean to you?

Quote:
I'm drawn more to the Darkness - please don't judge me on this, but the left-hand path feels better to me.

What does "Darkness" (or the left-hand path) mean to you? What do you really mean when you say that you are drawn to "Darkness", especially since you are clear that has nothing directly to do with "evil"?

I'm just trying to understand you better.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 17-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Making the darkness your friend....its the best way to embrace all of you.
Forces of good and evil, light and darkness are just ideas in our minds. The concept has it's roots in Zoroaster, and had great influence on the Hebrews, Muslims and Christians so therefore almost all of us think that way now in the West.

But you don't have to turn to darkness or light in the first place because you don't have to believe an idea if you don't want to. You shouldn't feel forced towards the darkness since there are other ways of looking at the world besides light and dark. Just because something is popular doesn't mean everyone has to think that way. You can turn from Christianity to the popular New Age beliefs, but that's still very much influenced by the idea of light and dark as well because it's embedded in the Western mind. One of the results of duality is it separates us from others and ourselves.
Old 17-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Master

Speaking of talking to non-physical beings, I had the thought when I read your post of something Abraham Hicks says - there is no source of darkness or evil. Dark is only dark until the light switch goes on (I'm paraphrasing btw). Abraham is a group of entities (about 100 or so) who Esther Hicks has been channeling for about 25 years...

Abraham Hicks - The Dark Side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyoyO9tFTBY

Speaking of connecting to non-physical entities, there are some people on here who do that LOL (just look under the channeled messages section...)

I too have come from Catholism, and then I tried being Christian, and although maybe I wasn't in it as long as you were (I was 12 when the cage door was sprung!) it does not mean that those religions are bad, for some people they are what make them happy. But you have to follow your gut, follow your heart to the way to your own path. We are all here just to do that very thing. And it is when you begin questioning that structure and questions the beliefs you have because of the programming you have been given by the church, by parents, by teachers, is when you begin to find out what you believe and WHY you believe that, and does it still serve you to believe that?

My recommendation who be to read Seth Speaks. (I always have a book recommendation LOL). However, it has what it sounds like you are looking for. It is written by someone who is not physical and starts that portion of your journey and he is a fine fellow to spend an afternoon with. He is quite a good writer, and has a turn of phrase that is quite musical, in a sense. Jane Roberts began channeling him in the early 1960's and channeled him until her death in 1984, during which time they wrote many many books together. But this first one, Seth Speaks, is a roadmap to finding out what you believe. The first chapters used to be a Quick Look feature on Amazon - and you can skip the intro by Jane, which is quite lengthy - and just begin on Chapter One.

Here is a link -don't know if it will work -

http://www.amazon.com/Seth-Speaks-Et...r_B007 QQU9DO

Anyway, just thought I'd point out easy access to those beings you were wanting to connect with. That is quite a ride and such a fun journey.

wishing you all the best in yours.
Old 17-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yea... I find people don't understand generally, but if someone identifies their religious conditioning, then fine, and it isn't right to suggest it to them.

To me it was an obvio,us way of attempting to come out of the programming. I been through it myself.

Misunderstood what you were saying.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4

Last edited by running : 17-08-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 AM
Gaia

who is judging you? who tells you that you are wrong is wrong
do what makes you happy ... whatever that is
always check with your feelings .. if it makes you happy .. if it makes you feel good .. then do it
and don't feel pressure to be in the light or in the darkness (i don't even believe in that thing) but ... you are not committed to either one ... sometimes you will be in the light sometimes you will be in the darkness and sometimes you will be in a grey area
we are all humans ... do whatever you want
Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Master
Christianity can take more than a 'year or two' to get over.

Do not confuse the 'light' with the religions of the world that claim the light.

Perhaps neither is right for you. Perhaps duality (light/dark) is not your way. Consider unity/oneness might be more suited as your guiding principle.