Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 06-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Guide

Question Animal ghosts?

Can animals come back from the dead and haunt places like people do? I know it sounds odd but sometimes before bed I feel like the cats I had care for a long time ago are right next to me. Sleeping there like nothing ever happened.

Strange isn't it?

But that happens mostly while I meditate,(sometimes before bed) so I was wondering if lots of other animals haunt places like people do.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:35 PM
iolite

Yes there are many accounts of pets returning to their loved ones after passing. My cat Augie did. Every night for weeks after passing, I'd wake up to the feel of his paw tapping my arm. He did this when he was alive for me to lift up the blankets so he could snuggle next to me. After he passed, he did this each night for weeks. I felt the weight of his body when he jumped up on the bed. When Garfield passed, we would feel the bed jostle at the foot of the bed from him jumping up and settling down with us for the night. It would wake me up as I'm a light sleeper. Diane Stein writes in one of her books that one of her dogs that has passed returns to visit and has done so for years.

I think it is wonderful that we can still have our beloved pets around us even after they've passed.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:42 AM
Saranda

I've experienced cats, dogs and horses doing this. I wouldn't call that "haunting" though - I don't feel haunted when a beloved cat comes by to visit me. :)

My deceased cat Artemis would do this a lot, especially soon after her death. She's come to me at nights, jump in my bed and I would feel her paws as she was walking over my blanket to curl by my side. During days, I'd hear her cleaning herself or feel her stroking by my legs. And it was not just me, also other family members and even visitors who didn't know that I had a cat experienced it. This went on until Artemis came to me in a dream and showed a kitten, describing how I would find her and saying that this kitten is to be my next cat companion and that she has to go further now.

I wasn't really surprised when I actually found a kitten that matched the description I was given perfectly. Right after the new cat entered my household, any presence of Artemis vanished.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Guide

That sounds like an awesome experience :) I used to feel my cats around me, not very often though... It was usually while I was meditating... I've never had a dream like that though hehehe... Usually I just dream about cats... Lots of cats and I save them or talk to them and I generally hug and pet them alot and try to protect them...

But that dream you had sounds real cool
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Saranda

I have learned that if only a human is open and believing enough to learn communication their way, cats, dogs and all the other animals that have chosen to share their lives with people are eager and happy to communicate with us through telepathy, dreams, senses, pure energy and whatever other means of communication that are natural to them. Some animals have learned not to trust people and are not that open, but, if they live with somebody that is open to any forms of communication, they also perceive it as natural. :)
Old 07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Guide

That sounds fun :) I cried once when I meditated and felt my cat next to me I hugged him and even got to pet him just like I used too! I felt his fur and his pur and I heard him breathe and pur too... The best time ever

What do you mean by pure energy?

I have felt lil bodies, not very physical like a real cat (like when I meditate) but I do feel them like they are breathing very fun and somewhat disturbing or at least distracting when your trying to sleep hehehe...
Old 07-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Saranda

By pure energy I mean energy that is not limited by thoughts, mind, assumptions, stereotypes, will, purpose, a concept of future or past - just life itself with no borders and limitations at all, in which what we feel is the immediate reality. That, in my view, is the language of animals. :)

The bodies you felt might as well have been cats if you have good relationships with them. Cats are very strong at astral projection - that's what they do all the time when it seems that they are napping or sleeping. :) Living is a physical body does not hold them back from living a very spiritual life, so, if they like a person or are just traveling around, they enjoy visiting and observing places and beings, and often continue doing it after their physical body dies. It doesn't mean that much to them as it does to us.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
TurquoiseBlack

Cat

This happens very often, animals are people too
Many documented cases and experiences. I think some of them want to comfort their families or watch over them.
The day after my beloved grandpa died I saw my adored (and crossed over) English Setter, Saint Sebastian. He jumped on the bed, I hugged him and sobbed and fell asleep knowing he couldn't stay. My mom and grandma saw him too and heard him walking/whining. He had been very close to my grandpa.
Glad your cats are still watching out for you! they seem to be protecting you spiritually.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Guide

Lol I can tell... I was trying to talk to fairies once while my cat was around but then she turned tail and ran and when I looked up fairies it said that they don't get along real well.

But I love my cats, which is why they prolly visit me lol. Or they do it merly out of habit :) we always slept together in my bed at night. Either way it was nice and somewhat terrifying when I first started feeling it...

And if they are good at astral projecting then maybe when I master the ap I'll bug my cat April so we can go to lots of diff places
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Neville

To the OP, sure enough.. I have experienced cat visitations regularly,