Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 18-05-2013, 01:53 PM
lorrie72

Runes, a newby

Hi,I just received a set of Runes for my birthday
So I'm looking into how to use them.
Any tips or info would've greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 18-05-2013, 03:08 PM
missrachel300

Hi, welcome to the forums!
I've only been using runes for a little while now... so, I may not be too helpful, but, I randomly draw one rune(like once a day) to discover what kind of message I should be focused on for that day.
Old 19-05-2013, 08:55 AM
lorrie72

Thank you and thank for your tip.
Old 21-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Draenevyre

Good! Runestones are a dying art, I believe. What kind did you get? My set is Amethyst. My suggestion for starting off is to just "bond" with the energy of the runestone set. Put it under your pillow for a night or two of sleep. Stick your hand in the bag and just run your fingers through them. Once you feel as if you've done it so often that the energy of the stones feel like an extension of you, you've bonded really well and can begin the real work.
After bonding, my suggestion is to take time to know your rune meanings. There are many guides out there, in paper print and online, on the individual meaning of each rune. Take those not as fact, but as guidelines. Then take some time each day to draw a rune or two and see what they mean to you.

Just remember, runes are a tool given to us to connect our understanding of this world and the next. They're very personalized to us, you just gotta take the time to read them. Practice :)
Old 27-05-2013, 04:12 AM
Master
I've found this for a 7 Rune spread mixed with asking the person (and/or my high selves, guides and angels to join) to be really effective.
http://davensjournal.com/runeinfo.html

The advice to bond to them is solid advice. The more you do the more the seamlessly and fluidly they can move the right interpretation to you. Well technically it's more like the more you know your radio the more you can dial in the right channel you want on the AM station without fuzz and overlapping channels. I held them to each of my charkras for long enough to take a nap to attune them to me. lol

Various people have various tools for connecting to energy lines and seeing larger pictures...Runes Rock for me, must have used them in previous lives or something. lol Grats on your new Runes!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 AM
Guide
I find the runes are a very powerful, energetic and, for want of a better word, insistent, tool for knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

It is like they have a life force of their own, or are connected to a very deep and abiding force. I usually just shuffle them around and wait for one (or more on occasion!) to "jump" into my hand or wedge into my fingers.

I find I learn a bit more with each day of using the runes. They can be taken very literally, and there are books and online sites that give you a more literal, straightforward interpretation, or can be used for meditating upon and delving deeper.

The runes will take you as deep as you dare go. They can be VERY powerful.

I'm currently using a book on the Elder Futhark which is interesting but currently a little involved for me. (http://books.google.ca/books/about/F...IC&redir_esc=y)
I feel like the more I use it the more I absorb and I'm starting to feel like I KNOW these runes already, maybe from a previous life as CrystalSong suggested. Or else I know them through ancestral DNA as I have Norse blood in me.

I have had my runes for over 30 years and they feel like a part of me now. This past year I heard of the practice of "blooding" the runes. This involved me sacrificing some of my blood for them, and since then they have felt much more insistent and powerful.

Like all things Norse, the runes can be merciless, so expect no sympathy lol. But they are a wonderful tool of self awareness, growth and knowledge. Just keep growing with them and open your awareness to their own particular energies. :)
Old 23-08-2013, 06:42 AM
priyanka741

nice post thanks for sharing
Old 23-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Master
They really are rather merciless straightforward aren't they kerrielle?
Sometimes when I read the runes for others I'm almost afraid to do it because of the hard hitting knowledge that sometimes comes out and i have to offset it by pulling cards from an Oracle deck or such to get something a little more gentle as advice to smooth what the runes say.
Two days ago someone asked me to do runes for them and a tingling on the crown warned me that I'd better make sure they were sure they wanted the answer for what they were asking, so I had to inform the person to be very sure they wanted the answer and could handle it before putting it before the Guides and reading the runes.

They have been very hard hitting and poignant with me personally also on several occasions, and the use of Oracle cards to give more motherly gentle advice after the tough love approach of the runes was very helpful.

Using runes with other divination methods or direct channeling might be a very good approach to using runes, as they are very 'no holds barred' and they can take one's breath away with their bulls eye accurateness.
While that is very useful to specifically pin point issues, sometimes a little honey added to the sauce makes the runes advice more palletable and managable.
Old 29-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Runewalker

Reading the runes is but one aspect of Runecraft, they have many more uses, they can help to empower us, protect us, and much more. There are many legends as to how the runes came into being. I suggest you do some research, and follow your heart.

Above all things Runes are not a toy, and must above all things, as with everything in life be treated with respect.