Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 28-03-2018, 04:31 AM
Newbie ;)

Too much knowledge?

About six years ago I read Dr Eben's book, Proof of Heaven, and it helped me put together many ideas that I had been forming over my life. I decided to think about it all - daily - to "test" any missing parts or flaws in my theories and have found none. I've moved far beyond any misgivings and feel like I'm as aware as I can be that mortal existence is (pick an analogy here) merely a chapter in a much larger book.

But - is this even good? Great lengths were taken, it would seem, to provide us with a blank slate when we are born. Belief that "this is it" seems essential to the human experience we dropped into. I find myself pouring through NDE literature and accounts and wondering if it puts me at odds with my original life mission? Because I find myself less engaged with life as I do so, less in my body, and kind of disconnected with things. I'm aware I'm here to do things but the fact that I'm aware of this makes me kind of self conscious about it.

I wonder if anyone feels similarly or has some insight?
Old 28-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Master

This the way I think about it:

Do you know what is your own "original life mission"? If you don't, then try to find out!

Do you know why we incarnate as humans? If you don't, then try to find out!

What you're asking basically reduces to: ignorance is bliss. I doubt that this can be the answer to the above to questions. Ignorance of our mission and place in the multidimensional Universe causes most of us to make only minimal, if any, progress in our physical lives, causes us to waste the opportunity we took by coming here.
Old 31-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Newbie ;)

I have to think about this a bit. I certainly agree there are many "human" humans who are merely living in the here and and now, and it isn't advancing their souls or helping others. Perhaps this is like one of those time loop movies where the protagonist first has to understand their context to break free. Knowing that this life is merely a chapter could be a phase in this.

Since I'm about 2/3rd's done here (assuming average life expectancy), I don't think I'm going to find the answer to what my life's mission is or could have been until it's over. I'm not sure I would have done anything different if I'd had my present awareness earlier, so at least I can't say I have regrets. Maybe the mission is actually something that spans multiple lifetimes, so you can't see it when you are inside one.
Old 31-03-2018, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkAboutSpirit
I have to think about this a bit. I certainly agree there are many "human" humans who are merely living in the here and and now, and it isn't advancing their souls or helping others. Perhaps this is like one of those time loop movies where the protagonist first has to understand their context to break free. Knowing that this life is merely a chapter could be a phase in this.

Since I'm about 2/3rd's done here (assuming average life expectancy), I don't think I'm going to find the answer to what my life's mission is or could have been until it's over. I'm not sure I would have done anything different if I'd had my present awareness earlier, so at least I can't say I have regrets. Maybe the mission is actually something that spans multiple lifetimes, so you can't see it when you are inside one.

You can to find out more, to get answers to any any questions, in an altered state of consciousness. For that I would recommend to try self-hypnosis.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Let me ask this question in another way. It seems many religious and spiritual faiths have, at the top, a monastic tradition. These are people who deliberately eschew the norms of the human lifecycle in order to meditate and focus on the spiritual realm.

But what if this is a mistake, a waste of time? Because in "heaven" perhaps everyone is already doing this, and perhaps not getting very far, and chose instead to incarnate into a gritty, imperfect, experience-rich human life in which to quickly learn?

If this is true, then how is it best to spend one's time here?
Old 06-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Knower
There's a reason you've come into such understanding.
All things play their purpose. Your understanding is not exempt from purpose.

Example: What if part of your purpose is to bring heaven on Earth? Surely your understanding of the heavens would help in such a mission.

Also,

Quote:
But what if this is a mistake, a waste of time? Because in "heaven" perhaps everyone is already doing this, and perhaps not getting very far, and chose instead to incarnate into a gritty, imperfect, experience-rich human life in which to quickly learn?

Consider the possibility that you came to Earth to help all the trapped souls here? Those stuck coming back here because as far as they are concerned, there is no other option. Maybe you are here to help show the options.

Sure, Earth life is gritty and imperfect and so on. Sure, Earth offers great lessons to any soul. But what if some of us are here to help bring balance to Earth? So that Earth becomes not only a learning-ground, but also a place of harmony and divinity.

Just throwing out possibilities here, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from. Basically, the understanding you have could help in so many ways. It's bursting with purpose.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Master

We are, I fear, all stuck in a rut. Had we left our philosophies in the laps of Plato and Socrates we'd probably be much further in what we like to call our spirituality than we are today. At least we would be having valid arguments with agreed upon ends. As it happened instead of logic religion was discovered and suddenly an unfounded and unknowable entity called 'God the Father' was thrown into our midst. We really have wasted centuries stuck with the same old burden on our shoulders and still quite prepared to ignore the slowly gathering glimpses of other realities which modern life and its inventions are now allowing us to observe.
If the aim of human life, and indeed of all life is to attain some sort of heaven wherein we will dwell with angels and golden trumpets then we will in the end be glad when it ends. This my opinion. In fact just thinking about the eons of eternity makes one realise that our existence now just has to be one of an eternal chain of existences and is exactly that which we see in the philosophy of Hinduism - the only religious philosophy which has any connection with what we know in science today.
For me it's almost quite clear, here the weight is on the word -almost- that there is something we haven't yet seen. This missing something is causing us to walk on the spot and has not only confused us for two thousand years but is still continuing to do so.

Dr.Eben's book and the host of other published, filmed, videoed, copied, written, heard, seen and read information which is flooding our brains will probably lead to someone connecting the dots and so come up with the next step for us to take on our journey into the future. This is what the world has been waiting for it's also what science speaks about when science talks about searching for the theory of everything.

Personally I'm in 'this business' because of those things which I have experienced in my life and which indicate to me that there is an energy nearby which is a 'normal or natural' energy but which most people would call supernatural.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:33 AM
Master

Just as an added thought to the above;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kuZgVCvSNg
Old 02-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Experiencer
Yes I know what you mean. IMO I don't think it matters too much. I think if you're aware of it, you may struggle to find certain footing, but I think you will learn to find purpose within your knowledge, and use it to enrich your life.

At the moment I feel like I live in two plains of existence. One on earth, and the other in my higher consciousness. However I want to use my higher consciousness to enrich my life on earth. That's kind of the goal I set for myself.
Old 24-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkAboutSpirit
About six years ago I read Dr Eben's book, Proof of Heaven, and it helped me put together many ideas that I had been forming over my life. I decided to think about it all - daily - to "test" any missing parts or flaws in my theories and have found none. I've moved far beyond any misgivings and feel like I'm as aware as I can be that mortal existence is (pick an analogy here) merely a chapter in a much larger book.

But - is this even good? Great lengths were taken, it would seem, to provide us with a blank slate when we are born. Belief that "this is it" seems essential to the human experience we dropped into. I find myself pouring through NDE literature and accounts and wondering if it puts me at odds with my original life mission? Because I find myself less engaged with life as I do so, less in my body, and kind of disconnected with things. I'm aware I'm here to do things but the fact that I'm aware of this makes me kind of self conscious about it.

I wonder if anyone feels similarly or has some insight?

a great time to begin A Course In Miracles ~