Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 07-02-2018, 08:01 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsha
Resting your success on just a few items is likely why he can't manifest them.

If, for example, someone thought abundance could only come to them through winning the lottery that would cause a lot of doubt and stress within them.

Doubt and stress slow your manifestation down. You have to be at peace and not care either way that something will happen, that is when it will manifest.

Your friend resting on the idea that he needs to have these few successes is likely causing a lot of internal energy blocks that he needs to clear up before he can make constant progress toward making it a reality.

txs

Thank you. What you say confirms my doubt about LoA. How can people themselves know? If they need this technique they probably know too little of their internal selves honestly to "clean the slate" first. Some here say it doesn't work because what people want isn't always what they need. That should be irrelevant. If you want it enough you'll manifest it according to the creed, no matter how much you actually need it. Then apologists and excuse-makers arrive to suggest this is the reason for failure rather than admit the practice itself is flawed.

As I said up there, success with anything occult needs fervent belief; and needs to be practicable. Affirmation will override hidden doubts. If it doesn't either the person isn't believing half enough or doing something else wrong / has to go back to the drawing board.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Master

@Lorelyen what do you believe the law of attraction is?
Old 07-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Lorelyen

Difficult in that I don't believe in it except in the grossest terms where it's practical. Like, if you're a misery and want to attract easy-going, fun, happiness into your life, you have to get yourself optimistic.

I've given illustrations in this thread and others of why it can't work when it comes to specifics + some discussion here as to why. It isn't a law. It can't predict an outcome even with a moderate probability.

One of the principal instigators of this technique (I'm not allowed to mention names) was shown by adepts to be a fraud. He simply didn't believe what he was expecting others to believe but he has made rather a lot of money from his books.

So answering your question is about as easy as, well, asking "what do you believe a motor car isn't?"
Old 07-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It relies on vehemently believing you already have or what you want to be.

I believe that is the trick to being a good salesperson... first believing it with conviction and second being able to turn that conviction into belief in others...
Old 07-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Experiencer

Even though my examples make me question the Law of Attraction I still cannot deny that it works.. I sat in my Lazyboy Chair and visualized a new TV and a New Couch.. 3 months later I got a new TV and Couch. And I didnt pay for them
Old 07-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It isn't a law.

I like your (whole) answer and will agree on this. Actually I am not really a believer in laws, neither really in free will. I do believe there is a nature to things, and that maybe LoA is one of many ways that tries to explain something that really cannot fully be put into words. Personally I like something from Quantum I call Magnetic Resonance that is a theory that everything is an attraction between two equal opposites, and how there either is resonance or dissonance in the field between them. Now I had a strong personal experience one night where I was shown this, and how well it is in place in my life... thus it makes sense for me to perceive the world this way. Also now see the main point of yoga is to create resonance in my life; and it equally makes sense that if everything is vibration, then I have to be in the vibrational altitude of what I desire to resonate with. To me that is how I understood LoA when I heard it; still I agree that it is not a law. I do not see the underlying nature of reality to have any laws at all. Maybe that is just the Anarchist in me speaking... haha
Old 13-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Thumbs up

Are there 'Laws'?
Now that is a subject!

How would we ever really know? Because someone says so?
I suppose.

I do believe there are Laws...some are just for here in this dimension, like
Gravity...it doesn't exist on other planes...ha, our spirit bodies don't
need gravity and can think/project ourselves to another place, !, for example, so different Laws.
I believe it was Abraham-Hicks that said Laws are for everywhere...
then we have 'Agreements', such as in this dimension to have Gravity, etc.

I had never heard of the term LOA, years and years ago...I just knew one thing..as simple as could be...'Ask, believe and receive'.
I didn't think about my Higher Self being one with the Godhead or Source,
nor anything about the unconscious Super-consciousness, our True Self.

I just knew about 'decreeing', maybe more like commanding something with great force or emotion...as in, 'Say to the mountain...'

It has never failed me. Hmm. It's been 43 years now since the first time that I can remember...
I was a cook in many kitchens, once with a very famous chef...everyday chopping
onions for prep...I internally screamed to the Universe holding another cut finger...
"I will NEVER cut myself again cutting onions....whatever lesson I am supposed to be learning, it will NOT be this way!!!"
Period....with clenched teeth, I spoke to every saint, angel, guru, and God out there listening...
see, with great will power and determination.

And I never have...and never will....43 years is a long time.
(And so many, many other things after that.)

We have the power as co- creators within us being made in the image of God.
To me that is just the way it is...a Law...just as doubt yourself and
your own power? That is a Law of Blocking, ha ...or not allowing it to be...
as explained, a Law means it crosses all planes, is everywhere...it doesn't matter
if it is believed or not, it is the way the Creator's Brilliant System just works.
Period...for me. That belief is unshakeable in me.

My input.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
While I am a Believer of the law of attraction. I have used it to get quite a few things. Like Synthesizers, An Apartment, a new couch and a TV. The occasional parking space as well. But I can't shake the feeling something isn't right. For example.. A Hypochondriac will obsess about having Cancer. They worry about it night and day. Yet they don't get or have cancer. I know of a person with Schizophrenia who wholeheartedly believes that scribbles are this Valuable invention. He believes in it so much that one day he was crying tears of Joy because he thought MIT was gonna send him a big fat check for his inventions.His inventions were basically a Title and a paper of scribble. Noone can make sense of it. Except maybe him. He's never gonna get paid yet he wholeheartedly believes he will.

How come these 2 cases do not come to fruition when the law of attraction says they will receive??

If i ask to win the lottery because deep deep down i want to prove to others I'm successful or look up to me. Then i will receive more of what I'm feeling which is a need to prove myself to others. Not winning the lottery. I will keep myself in lack of self worth with this path.

Take Tesla for example. Most of his inventions are being used today and he didn't want payment or recognition for any of it. And at the time no one gave him credit and thought half the stuff he wrote about was far fetched. Even Einstein said he was the smartest man alive. Its all about the vibration behind what you're attracting. And why you're doing it. The most successful manifestors achieved all they did because it was fun, it called to them. they didn't seek fame or money. They sought to accomplish what was in their dreams and thoughts.

Those worrying about getting cancer are worried about not getting it. they are in the feeling of having to protect and monitor everything. You'll probably notice over time they will slowly find more things to worry about that "could" cause them harm. Also in the case with cancer they think all they do (Worry) keeps them cancer free. hence the lack of cancer....

As far as the mental disability example. How many people believe he is crazy?
does he believe this as well deep down? has he been "diagnosed" has he been convinced he has an illness. because if someone convinced me that i was crazy i would constantly feel as though people were thinking that about me. Adding more scenarios where i would attract people thinking that. Even allowing my mind to control this fantasy of my craziness even more. Even your story strengthens this by you elaborating to us about this guy that he is truly crazy.

I notice LOA works more by what you feel and think opposed to just what you say.

But you must also factor in the collective Conscious coming into play.
Most notice that when you have a goal or plans that you're more successful when you don't tell anyone. This is taking the collective out of the equation.
If you tell a friend or family of plans some may worry about the worst case scenario happening or even go as far as making predictions of what will happen with your Manifestation. adding power to that actually happening especially if you trust and value their opinion.

This is why i cringe when i read threads in the TF section where someone is bashing their EX and telling everyone what happened to them and getting so many people to feel bad for them and help them attract another scenario just like that one where more people will feel bad for them!
Old 13-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Are there 'Laws'?
Now that is a subject!

How would we ever really know? Because someone says so?
I suppose.

I do believe there are Laws...some are just for here in this dimension, like
Gravity...it doesn't exist on other planes...ha, our spirit bodies don't
need gravity and can think/project ourselves to another place, !, for example, so different Laws.
I believe it was Abraham-Hicks that said Laws are for everywhere...
then we have 'Agreements', such as in this dimension to have Gravity, etc.

I had never heard of the term LOA, years and years ago...I just knew one thing..as simple as could be...'Ask, believe and receive'.
I didn't think about my Higher Self being one with the Godhead or Source,
nor anything about the unconscious Super-consciousness, our True Self.

I just knew about 'decreeing', maybe more like commanding something with great force or emotion...as in, 'Say to the mountain...'

It has never failed me. Hmm. It's been 43 years now since the first time that I can remember...
onions for prep...I internally screamed to the Universe holding another cut finger...
"I will NEVER cut myself again cutting onions....whatever lesson I am supposed to be learning, it will NOT be this way!!!"
Period....with clenched teeth, I spoke to every saint, angel, guru, and God out there listening...

as explained, a Law means it crosses all planes, is everywhere...it doesn't matter
if it is believed or not, it is the way the Creator's Brilliant System just works.

My input.

Completely agree..

I consider anything a law when i see the "LAW" affecting others lives even though they don't believe it one bit with thier mind.

That's all the proof i need outside my own personal experiences with what i have come to find is unchangeable. Its applicable in all religions has many names and is in almost facet of daily life including science. were beyond this being a theory and needing proof. Science has already proved it. this is like that comparison of karma and faith.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Are there 'Laws'?

My input.

That reminds me of the time my Grandfather's Wife wanted to put him in a Nursing home. I knew it was wrong for him and she was just doing it out of anger. He can't be alone, but he can walk, talk, feed himself and hold a decent ( if somewhat crazy) conversation.

My Mom told me that the next day they were going to go look at a potential Nursing home. I said, " Oh no, she's not! She will NOT put my Grandfather in a Nursing home! He does not belong there!". I was furious and I just knew someway, somehow I WOULD put a stop to it!

Turns out, I didn't have to do anything. As soon as my Mom said she wasn't going with her, she backed down. She said she was just angry. Well, so was I LOL!