Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 21-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Conflictions in affirming ?

I was thinking about this the other day and wondering .....

if I am affirming something or manifesting something, and my sister is in complete opposite line of thinking, is this like negating the actual affirmation/ manifestation of mine ?

to give another example, in an election, if I vote for one party and my sister votes for the opposite party - then we have, so to speak, cancelled out each other's vote.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 21-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Sira

This reminds me of a movie where someone said something like "and on both sides the soldiers prayed: "Please God, protect us and let us slay our enemy"."
From personal experience and concerning only my path (that was the "disclaimer" part saying that I don't want to start endless debates about this), there is less need to be in control the more you go ahead. It becomes more like going with the flow and trusting the guidance and process, no matter what happens. In the big picture we are always safe while in the personal picture we might struggle to make it to the next breath.
Affirmation/manifestation/prayer seem all to be personal wishes. I would love to win in a national lottery to ease many people's lives. So far my wish has not been fulfilled and then I just "trust the process" and believe that there is a reason for it, even if I cannot see it. I accept what is. But I still want to win in the lottery.
Your posting feels to me very important and I hope people give it a thought.
Old 21-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Sira for your thoughts. I like your " disclaimer part ", nice touch.

This is not a major life or death issue, and control doesn't really enter into this particular afirmation, what I am asking for benefits both of us really. Perhaps, I should go into a little detail. We are needing to travel during the winter months, when there is a possibility as always in winter, of severe weather, snow, ice, etc. All I want is good roads, warm weather as acceptable for winter and safe travels for us all.

She is not getting the positive thoughts idea ~ and keeps commenting about this is winter, we could have extreme cold, bad weather conditions, snow, ice etc. I told her to stop with sending out the negative thoughts as I don't want them interrupting the flow of positive thoughts I am sending out to the Universe. Who knows what mixture of weather that will attract ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 22-01-2011, 06:38 PM
aser's homie

Your sister is right, but you are correct. Your sister is incorrect.
Have fun. Laugh at it a little.

Just tell her that it makes you happy if agreed to.
Old 22-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Experiencer
Thats something I also wondered about, Dream Angel.
The way I see it, it depends on the "power" you have. When you are really and deeply convinced that the road will be snow free then the thoughts of your sister cant interact with yours.
Maybe there is also a factor I cant really name. Something about light lighting the darkness or positive feelings/wishes being more powerful than negative ones.

Cheers
Flora

PS: I just think about all the different wishes and thoughts everyone of us has concerning e.g. the weather... but it always turn out "right"

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 22-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Deactivated Account

thank you aser , that should do it, lol - tell her it would make me happy !

Expect Miracles !

Old 22-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Something about light lighting the darkness or positive feelings/wishes being more powerful than negative ones.

PS: I just think about all the different wishes and thoughts everyone of us has concerning e.g. the weather... but it always turn out "right"

Interesting thoughts there Flora about " the light lighting the darkness " , I like that.

oh I usually don't make a big deal about the weather, I take whatever happens, which is really all we can do...this is just a different circumstance.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 22-01-2011, 10:16 PM
MetaEdge

Quote:
This is a wonderful subject. It is true that we all influence the collective.

What is not understood is that a self empowered person has substantial more influence with their thoughts than those who are not.

For example, 4 people like that will have more influence than 996 people who are not.

Becoming empowered is a choice that few will make because it is very hard work and not considered useful.

John

This is a quote from another forum where we were just discussing this very topic. The concept of contrasting energies of thought. One person believes one thing, another another thing. Who's belief wins over?

I think what caused this question in the other forum was about how everyone who doesn't believe in psychokinesis influence our ability to use it. As there are much more people who don't believe in it then those who do, why can it still be done.

The point made in that quote is that those who do practice psychokinesis often have much more influence then other people. Kinda like two waves colliding. If a peak of one wave collides with the trough of another then the wave with the bigger amplitude will win over by the difference of the two amplitudes.

So if you have more focus then your sister then you will win over and manifest your thoughts.
Old 22-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaEdge
Kinda like two waves colliding. If a peak of one wave collides with the trough of another then the wave with the bigger amplitude will win over by the difference of the two amplitudes.

So if you have more focus then your sister then you will win over and manifest your thoughts.

I like this line of thinking Meta Edge- I have a feeling that I am more focused than my sister on this issue, so all should work out ok. I appreciate your contribution.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 23-01-2011, 03:36 PM
flutterangel

Hiya Dream Angel,
I once read somewhere that for things you really want to manifest, don't talk about them! Then it doesn't give others the chance. I think this is good advice, having been in similar situations as yours with family members. You say one thing (positively), they have to point out the other (negative) because it could happen. I don't subscribe to the "let's plan on the worst because then it won't be such a disappointment." Who needs that!?
I do like the bigger wave theory. We will just have to work on keeping our waves bigger!
hugs,
flutter