Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Viviana

Past Lives and Strange Fears

I have this really strange fear, it is basically a phobia. I cannot stand to be touched by jewlery of any kind. I literally freak out (I kinda have a twitching fit) when I accidently touch say a necklace or a ring. I'll also run to the other side of the room if someone starts swinging a piece of jewlery around.
My one friend theroized a few years ago that maybe something happened in one of my past lives which made me freak out like this.
I just wanted to see what others thought on this theory and maybe if anyone felt like sharing any strange fears or other things they believe they picked up from past lives.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Master
My fear is fear of heights and especially if that height is open. Even if the space is somewhat enclosed by glass or a fence. I have a spirit guide who is also me in a past life(my higher self, it has been explained to me) who was a sacrifice. I don't know exactly how she died, but I saw her arms and legs bound and stepping off of something.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi Viviana,
Theory? Funny to me it's probably fact.

Read "Many Lives, Many Masters" Brian Weiss, MD
Famous book, made all the talk shows years ago.
Dr. Weiss was doing phobia therapy...things weren't working...he hypnotized
A patient and Voila!
Took him a long time to reveal this, fearing mocking from peers.
Now he has an Institute in Miami, I think.
And lots more books...
Dr. Calahan also...the originator of Thought Field Therapy, TFT, changed to EFT...
It was all about phobias, as I recall, originally.
As far as therapy...EMDR also is great.
All these can be googled and corrected from my bad memory.

I find it interesting that a man developed a phobia about water at 40...turns out he drowned
In a past life at 40

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I think just about any phobia can be traced to something that happened to you in another life. When I was younger and my mother used to do my hair and she would put that cape around my neck, I always felt like it was too tight even when by anyone else's standards, it wasn't that bad. I also hated turtlenecks. I figure now, it was a possibility there was a lifetime where I was hanged or something.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Viviana

Maybe your past life was pushed off a highedge onetruebeliever? And maybe her hands and feet were tied so she could not escape?

Hearing about that man having a phobia of water which started at the same age he died in another life makes me think of something my dad told me once.
My dad used to do readings on people, and one woman came in and explained to him that she was terrified of snow but did not know why. In the reading they found out she had been a mountainclimber in a past life and had been buried alive in snow and that was how she died.

I actually feel that way too when I wear things like a turtleneck sweater or when something is tied around my neck too. I would believe it that I was hung in a past life.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Seeker

For a reaction and feeling that strong that you cannot explain I would say yes perhaps in a past life. But maybe seek someone who does energy work and they may be able to tell you why.

Its crazy the things they find. Like apparently when I was 2 my dad was very scared for me and I thought I was going to die after shutting my foot in a very heavy glass door at his workplace. I had no idea. Energy worker told me this.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viviana
Maybe your past life was pushed off a highedge onetruebeliever? And maybe her hands and feet were tied so she could not escape?

Yep. I deduced that. I just never found out exactly how she died. I got as far as her saying she was sacrificed. This is all so very intriguing to me. I also have deduced that many of my personality traits come from a past life(s).
This particular life was dark ages Britain or Ireland. Celtic. Going along with the conquering party up to a certain point, then rebellion of sorts. My life is too chaotic to have another good meditation.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
My fear would be becoming deaf. I hate a lot of noise when my natural hearing is blocked. I can't stand when it hails or heavy rain on the roof. I have a quick shower because I can't hear anything but noise. Even if my ears start ringing irritates me.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 PM
earthprowler

Bridges over long lengths of water, there's one in Ohio that's a good mile long and you cant see anything but water........I cried very hard the whole time with my husband laughing at me. I will also forget to breathe because I'm so scared. I absolutely fear water, never been in any water accidents. Don't know why I'm so afraid.

I should add that the bridge was during the day, but coming back over it at night and I couldn't see the water, it didn't bother me one bit.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:32 PM
sguinn27

Past life

I definitely think that there is something in a past life that would cause you to be afraid of jewelry! I had a strange fear of deep water and drowning (when I was younger was scared of the drain in the bathtub)....found out last year that in a past life I was on a ship going to a new land and it snapped in half and when down in a "drain effect" in the middle of the ocean. Since then, I had that fear removed and appropriate downloads done, now I am not scared to go to the ocean anymore!