Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-10-2011, 09:52 AM
mac

mattie

I havent read the other replies. Perhaps you should? When I contribute to a new thread I read all other contributions too up to the point of my unsubscription.

I'm not really sure how I would determine if you covered what was relevent in your opinion about the OP. A start would be to check out what I wrote... I just assume that others reply w/ whatever they consider relevant in their own post. I'm sure that some do what you've suggested but others just like to talk about themselves....

Old 31-10-2011, 10:02 AM
mattie

Allot Of Instruction On How To Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I havent read the other replies. Perhaps you should? When I contribute to a new thread I read all other contributions too up to the point of my unsubscription.

I'm not really sure how I would determine if you covered what was relevent in your opinion about the OP. A start would be to check out what I wrote... I just assume that others reply w/ whatever they consider relevant in their own post. I'm sure that some do what you've suggested but others just like to talk about themselves....

In the above quote the text in black is mine.

It's useful that you have developed a system that works for you regarding your replies. You seem to be suggesting that others should use your system. This would seem to be quite a bit of guidance about how they reply. I'm wondering if 'others just like to talk about themselves....:wink' include a person telling other posters that they should use their method of reading & responding to threads.

I replied to the OP. Others can use whatever process they want to reply in whatever manner they choose. I wouldn't presume to tell others, how to read & respond to a thread.

There are many things that determine whether I read other replies to a OP. Time management is one. Sometimes the flow of replies is relevant & at other times it isn’t. Whether a person’s writing is interesting to me is another. If it isn’t, I seldom give it more than a quick glance, if that. If I consider their writing & POVs interesting I’ll read it. This is, of course, subjective & a matter of personal interest.
Old 31-10-2011, 10:17 AM
mac

mattie

It's useful that you have a system that works for you when you reply. Are you suggesting that others should use your system? no - What I'm writing to you is directly in response to what you've written to me.... This would seem to be quite a bit of guidance about how others reply. I very much doubt that contributors would see what I say as "guidance"

I replied to the OP. Others can make whatever reply in whatever manner they choose. I feel sure you'll be including me too in that consideration.
Old 31-10-2011, 10:25 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
In the above quote the text in black is mine.

It's useful that you have developed a system that works for you when you reply. You seem to be suggesting that others should use your system. This would seem to be quite a bit of guidance about how others reply. Does 'others just like to talk about themselves....:wink' include a person telling other posters that they should use their method of reading & responding to threads?

I replied to the OP. Others can use whatever process they want to reply in whatever manner they choose. I wouldn't presume to tell others, how to read & respond to a thread.

There are many things that determine whether I read replies to a OP. Time management is one. Sometimes the flow of replies is relevant & at other times it isn’t. Whether a person’s writing is interesting to me is another. If it isn’t, I seldom give it more than a quick glance, if that. If I consider their writing & POVs interesting I’ll read it.

Seems you edited your earlier piece - I'll now reply to this modified one. "Does 'others just like to talk about themselves....:wink' include a person telling other posters that they should use their method of reading & responding to threads?" You tell me - does it?

" I wouldn't presume to tell others, how to read & respond to a thread."
And I wouldn't either but that doesn't preclude my pointing out how the original point had been missed in many responses....

"There are many things that determine whether I read replies to a OP. Time management is one. Sometimes the flow of replies is relevant & at other times it isn’t. Whether a person’s writing is interesting to me is another. If it isn’t, I seldom give it more than a quick glance, if that. If I consider their writing & POVs interesting I’ll read it."
It's useful that you have developed a system that works for you when you reply.
Old 31-10-2011, 02:00 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualseeker1
Hello all

I miss my father very much who passed away 5 yrs ago. I want to talk to him. Is it possible to talk to him? I read somewhere that we can talk to our deceased parents or siblings through a spiritual mediator. Is it true?

yes it is true. i don't know where you are but you should be able to google mediums in your area. most of the time spiritual shops will have readings by various psychics and mediums. look up any metaphysical shops that may be in your area and inquire if they might know of any. word of mouth is the best way to build or tear down someone, ask around to those that have had readings. take your time, do your research so that you can have the best possible reading the first time and not have to waste a ton of money over and over and just become disgruntled with the whole lot.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Greyeyes

My father died in 98. He was one of the most wide open psychic people I ever knew. I was raised to believe in things that others would run from. After my father died he came back to see my wife and I, it had been about a month sense he had passed. I asked him why he could come back and visit us and other people could not have this wonderful thing happen for them. He said that they were not allowed to do things that went against other peoples personal belief systems. And it is not what a person says that they believe, it is in what a person feels that they believe. I hope this makes sense to you. Even though I was raised to handle things like this. I did a lot of personal work for about ten years before I started hearing and seeing spirit stuff in my 30's.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Experiencer

Did he mean that a discarnate spirit isn't permitted to appear to a disbeliever?

Jim
Old 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
earthprowler

[quote=Left Behind]Did he mean that a discarnate spirit isn't permitted to appear to a disbeliever?

He said that they were not allowed to do things that went against other peoples personal belief systems

yes he did. a spirit can appear before a non believer but it doesn't mean they will believe what they see.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Tabitha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Did he mean that a discarnate spirit isn't permitted to appear to a disbeliever?

Jim

I'd like to know the answer to that, too.
If the activity in my house is caused by a spirit, then I can vouch that it first began when I was, if not actually a disbeliever, then certainly a fence sitter.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator
A person who has gone to spirit will abide by the earth bound person wishes

if they wish to get a message, there is every possibility they would, if a person who doesnt believe and doesnt wish to hear from the spirit, why would the spirit person upset them by doing so,
i looked after a friend many moons ago until her death, she knew i was a spiritulist but she told me, weeks before before she passed she wouldnt come back and speak to me, she wanted to be left alone,
she wanted me to tell her that i wouldnt try try to contact her, i told her it was up to spirit if they wanted to speak we cant demand they come through, she was happy with that, that was over 30 years ago and i have never heard from her.

Namaste