Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-09-2019, 09:12 PM
ImthatIm

Yes to your question, Noyan.

The Wakan Tanka's gave us the Rock the Fire the Water and the Green.
Caused animals and creatures to inhabit all parts of Earth, then made us 2 legged and said here you go, you got the keys to the Earth, now don't screw it up. And
bring Her back in one piece.

Look at us now.
Old 16-09-2019, 09:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Because he doesn't give everyone the same privileges. He chooses to bless one person while cursing another person with nothing but misery. He chooses to answer one prayer while ignoring others. And most importantly, he makes awful stuff happen to people who don't deserve these things coming to them, and apparently takes great delight in making people suffer while receiving their praise at the same time. There is so much more to say, but it's late here and I'm rather tired. However, I think you at least get the picture of what I've said...
Statements worth pondering over.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-09-2019, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
Skimming through the Forums found a thread titled "Has God (The Creator of this Universe) forsaken us?" . Which made me wonder, have we forsaken God by mocking him/her/it ? I mean we as creations are trying to make ourselves physically immortal, hacking our bodies, to upload our minds into robots, advanced AI and other high Tech, curing disease, also to create robots like us, destroying other living beings, the environment and this planet ? Isn't this mocking God's creation since he/she/it hasn't invented such things and we're sort of throwing mud at him?
It really all depends on how you see God or what you think God is. For me God is not something that is up
in the sky, nor is God a person, in the sense that I refer to God as the purest primordial state of being.
I personally feel it is impossible for us to forsake God, or for God to forsake us. In my opinion “forsaking God”
is a religious dogmatic term.

We are inextricably connected and merged with the God I have come to know, regardless what we do;
there is no way that we can truly separate ourselves from it or it separate itself from us. If God were to
“forsake” us we would instantly disappear, as every breath I take happens only by the Will of God.

I also do not feel we are mocking God’s creation with our inventions. Everything that is created is and
extension of something that was already created. If anything, the human race will destroy itself, and
God will let us, that does not mean we have been forsaken.

Anything which has a beginning also has and end, and the human race had a beginning. In my opinion
human beings were not meant to go on as a species forever. There are species dying on this planet all
the time and humans barely take notice. Our deeper being, souls if you will, may be immortal but our
lives on this planet are not.
Old 18-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
God is supposed to be omniscient, so he knew beforehand what would become of humanity prior to creating us. And therefore, he willingly agreed on all those terms. Now, taking the fact into account that God treats some people as his personal favorites while others as subhumans only proves my point further that he failed us. We owe that sky-nazi nothing.
Don't forget you signed up for this and you have Free Will, all of us did, so we shouldn't blame God for our own short-comings.

He's probably sitting there banging his head and wondering if, with all the faculties he bestowed on his creations, this is the best they can come up with? So really, who is failing at what?
Old 18-09-2019, 09:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We are inextricably connected and merged with the God I have come to know, regardless what we do;
there is no way that we can truly separate ourselves from it or it separate itself from us. If God were to
“forsake” us we would instantly disappear, as every breath I take happens only by the Will of God.
"If you are Spiritual, you are God playing at being not-God."
Alan Watts.

If we have forsaken God, what is it we have really forsaken? Perhaps what we haven't forsaken is God, perhaps what we have forsaken is our projections of our relationship with ourselves because that is what is underpinning beliefs of what God is to us personally.
Old 18-09-2019, 10:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Don't forget you signed up for this and you have Free Will, all of us did, so we shouldn't blame God for our own short-comings.

He's probably sitting there banging his head and wondering if, with all the faculties he bestowed on his creations, this is the best they can come up with? So really, who is failing at what?

I'm afraid I've got a little problem here. Because you see, I don't remember signing up for anything at all. I'm forced to be here against my own will because a couple decided having kids would be fun.
Old 18-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Master
Sounds like God has forsaken you.

But.........

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Some people have forsaken the Lord.
Just look around they claim they believe in God,but yet here are examples
1. Beat your children
2. Commit murder
3. Well heinous crimes done to children from people who run churches .
4. Taken Lord out of school and in some countries the Bible is illegal.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbilityMom
Some people have forsaken the Lord.
Just look around they claim they believe in God,but yet here are examples
1. Beat your children
2. Commit murder
3. Well heinous crimes done to children from people who run churches .
4. Taken Lord out of school and in some countries the Bible is illegal.

And rather than doing something about those awful things, God does what exactly? Sitting his lazy @ss on his throne while sobbing crocodile tears?
Old 01-10-2019, 12:01 PM
Seeker

Lightbulb Sorry

Nah God don't care. He's good. He gave us all free will with the knowledge that some of us would be the destroying force of this planet. Then again he's also all powerful. So anything goes wrong he just fixes it. Might take some time but he gets to it. Any human tries to over power him, he just takes their power away. GOD basically tells us. Live as you like. Make your own choices. He likes people who freely make good ones. And keeps the people who freely make bad ones close by because think about it. If you tell a kid to stop doing bad things and try to control their behavior, they either get worse, act good in front of u and do their bad secretly, or with punishment are afraid to do anything bad around you but resents you the rest of your life. So he just lets them be them... Freely. GOD likes free will. He's isn't a dictator. But could you imagine how peaceful it would be if he was