Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Pathfinder
Spirituality and economics

Have you ever thought how we have change our views about spirituality and economics? Centuries ago, even for millennia, spirituality and economics was of course fundamentally connected things and in spiritual discussions there was always major discussions also about the economy. But today spirituality and economics seems to be separate areas, or we have changed fundamental spiritual and religious teachings so much, that they have very little in common with original teachings and commitments. For example, today we would call Jesus Christ a radical left super communist, who devoted much of his time preaching about economics. There's a lot in the Bible about economics...and it wasn't based on philanthropy but on truly creating and living in a world of equality,....already in the Book of Acts, it says that the early Christians held all things in common. Folks who were rich sold all their belongings and gave the money to the community. Everyone received whatever they needed on a day-to-day basis. Whether you used to be rich or poor didn’t matter anymore. Everyone was equal in the radical life of God’s community... but there gives mountains...of text in the Bible of it...if we jump on the other side of the world, Buddhism was even born because of inequality, exploitation...a world which have sink deep into big troubles in all areas. Even if we go back in time to the old Greeks, Socrates, Plato...they talked a lot about economics,...throughout history have various spiritual leaders, gurus, enlighten teachers, prophets... preach about economical things, but yet today...it seems to be almost taboo topic by many so called ''spiritual people.'' Today there gives far more talk about chakras, auras, where we have tons of lightworkers, star seeds, all kind of ''enlighten'' gurus...but almost no one of them talk about poverty, environmental destruction, the poor, climate change...is maybe our modern spirituality in the dark?
Old 30-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Master

Some good points but also maybe some generalisations, for which there are always exceptions. Off the top of my head I can think of three spiritual teachers in India in modern times who have done a lot of work to build hospitals and schools for impoverished communities.

In the olden days in the West, the major issue in the community would have been poverty. In the absence of any social welfare system the Church was the only social source of relief for those in need. Nowadays there are government agencies and countless charities whose purpose is to deal with these issues. We as individuals may donate to worthy causes (e.g. The Salvation Army, Oxfam, Greenpeace) to help address these problems but at the same time all these issues are beyond our control. So we focus on our own growth.

Two simple suggestions which we can all do:
1. Recycle as much as we can and avoid plastics wherever possible.
2. Practise tithing - donating 10% of our income to any charities we consider worthwhile.

Peace.

Last edited by iamthat : 30-08-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 30-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Master

Are we physical beings with spiritual concerns, or we are spiritual beings during a physical journey?

Are we here to advance human civilization, or Earth's development, or we're using Earth' resources and human incarnation for our spiritual essence's evolvement?

My answers favor the latter in both cases.

It would be nice for all people to be happy, leave in peace a good life. Could it be done on Earth with humans? Probably not. Would it serve the purpose for which we are here now? Extremely unlikely.

Probably the spiritual essences, evolved enough to accomplish Heaven on Earth (or communism, depending on your beliefs), don't return on Earth as they graduated to a next level.

Also, humans are as they are. It's true that they change, maybe even they could get bigger hearts, better in all the ways you consider to be better (which obviously is subjective), still they aren't there, such a change isn't in sight, the way to achieve it elusive. People are very different in their making: physically, emotionally, intellectually.

All people, in their own systems of beliefs, try to do good but those systems can be vastly different.

I don't think that modern spirituality is more in dark or less in dark because of its take on the economics. I think that modern human is generally less in touch with its spiritual essence because of the modern life's distractions and preoccupations. Science and technology alienated the man from its essence. Media, religions (including lack of religion), some modern morals and values are major factors that augment that alienation too.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Ascender

Hello.

If an aspect of spirituality is considered to be an acceptance of the oneness of all which is, then such acceptance seems simply a first step toward choosing to live according to the various implications which that acceptance seems to me to ask of us.

If all is really one then surely we need to strive to live as such if we believe that reality--by their fruits you shall know them --and be known. Otherwise we are just sounding brass, sounding good perhaps but not part of the reality which we say exists.

No great intelligence or debating skills needed, no fame or fortune or big following, just quietly walking the way.

petex
Old 30-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Master
"From the exhaustless riches of its Limitless Substance,
I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material."

From The Pattern on the Trestleboard, verse-4

When people think of economics they often think of money but economics can also include
in-kind services, bartering, etc. I have found that things which I want or need, not money,
frequently comes to me when I help others.

In my opinion there is a spiritual economic system in play, operated by some kind of cosmic law.
I have observed this all through my life. People often toil, or manipulate others to get money,
but the spiritual system requires little toil and no manipulation. The spiritual system also,
in my experience, often does not involve money.

Money belongs to the government, or Caesar, but prosperity is inherit in the spiritual experience.
My spiritual teachers taught me to first get your inner life together and your outer life, or outer
affairs, will follow suit. As it is my belief, and experience, that the outside is but a reflection of
what is going on within us.
Old 30-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Lorelyen

I suppose there's a connection between spiritual beliefs and practices and the distribution of material wealth; in fact the pursuit of wealth often involves some practices that have fallen under the spiritual banner, like LoA which is so often aimed at material abundance. (I'm no believer in LoA but) I do believe that practices and beliefs I engage in should have a practical bearing on my sojourn though my time here.
Old 31-08-2019, 06:35 AM
Pathfinder
Hmm, to me is economy and spirituality inseparable. I look at economics as an reflection of our culture. I think it's like Martin Luther King Jr. have say it ''...modern man suffers from a kind of poverty of the spirit...'' I'm from Caritas, that's a Catholic Church charity organization, even though I do not prescribe myself to Christianity....I support Interfaith and I'm glad the Catholic Church have still accept me, despite our differences in spiritual beliefs..anyway I'm surprised that today gives so little talk in spiritual circles, ''online'' gurus, teachers...who have millions of listeners,..and yet..hardly any touches the subject of poverty, inequality, systematic destruction of nature...
Old 31-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Master

Never mind what the gurus and teachers say. What are you doing to make a difference?

Peace
Old 31-08-2019, 10:36 PM
janielee

It feels like it’s almost too late, iamthat, but you are right