Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
the Absolute manifests as Purusha (Spirit) and Prakriti (Matter). ... Matter is not necessarily physical, it is more primordial substance.
If matter isn’t physical what else is it, what is primordial substance?

If matter isn’t physical, it would have to be a virtual phenomenon. So you believe theory B is true?
Old 31-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Soul has so many definitions I would say it is undefinable or possibly does not exist.

Matter is a different story. Much agreement what matter is.
This is no answer to anything.
And I already defined the term soul in my first post (see last sentence).
Old 31-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
You cannot prove wrong that someone thinks something.
So where does the brain stand in here? What about those people with Alzheimer's, or that were left unconscious in a fight. What happened to them? They got their memories lost as the brain shrank or got damaged, so someone would say that this is the evidence for A, that we are our brains, that are like computers and when they die that's the end, on top of the fact that nobody came from the Dead for long enough to confirm that something is out there, like the supernatural soul that stores memories.
So you say, you have no reason to believe that it is something else that A?
Old 31-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Knower

Hmm, even if I'd like to believe B or C there isn't any proof for them. As for A, many people (Like Richard Dawkins) would say that there is sort of a proof that people are their brains, including memories, thoughts, emotions, personality, feelings, intellect etc. How? Look at Dementia people, look at the Guy who got knocked out in a bar fight. Most that went unconscious would say that there was a blank period of unawareness for them and that death would be also an unaware endless state as before being born. So upon death, when brain dies a skeptic would say that it is the end (as consciousness is a byproduct of chemical and electrical reactions within the brain) and that the brain can't transfer all the information to the soul, or that a soul can hold these information.

For someone like Dawkins , there is no need for a soul as the brain does everything. It is easier to say and explain A rather than B or C. (As the soul would be sort of a fairy tale). " A "sort of has proof as most skeptics will tell you " Death would be like before being born as you being unaware", or that NDE represents an anoxic (Oxygen deprived) brain struggling for survival thus hallucinating. The thing is that all those explanations for A can serve as proof and are easier to grasp than something like a soul . It's like believing in Santa Claus and his flying raindeer. If I would tell someone that I saw a living unicorn they would tell that I'm crazy, but if I would tell I saw a living brown mustang horse,they won't be surprised, that would be mundane. The same analogy can be made with a fire spitting dragon and a Komodo dragon, God or any other Fairy tale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
So you say, you have no reason to believe that it is something else that A?

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 31-08-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 31-08-2019, 12:18 PM
hazada guess

It is said that our consciousness is separate from our brain and that the Brain is just a reciever.So when our brain gets damaged it cannot receive through our consciousness carries on.
Old 31-08-2019, 01:18 PM
hazada guess

Compare it say to a television.A tv wont work without the input of electricity to get to the various places that make different things on it to work.Electricity is your consciousness,the brain is responsible in making the parts of your body work.
Old 31-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Compare it say to a television.A tv wont work without the input of electricity to get to the various places that make different things on it to work.Electricity is your consciousness,the brain is responsible in making the parts of your body work.

Yes...the brain is a "processor", it transforms thoughts from "Soul'self/mind", into content that the sences can react to.

The brain also transforms information from the sences into content that we the Soul'self can react to. We then react to the incoming content & our response is sent back to the brain, & the brain transforms it & sends it to the sences.

& it all happens in split seconds, back & forth.

& if the brain is damaged the brain can not process info as well.

SMILES.
Old 31-08-2019, 02:39 PM
ImthatIm

I am the substance that expresses Divine Love / Light.
No matter the form.
Old 31-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Master

Quote:
This is how I see it too.

What do you mean with “without any conclusion”? Isn’t the conceptualization of the material world as a dream-world and therefore an virtual world already a conclusion?

You wrote (my highlight):
Quote:
(B) A supernatural soul hallucinates the material world and the material world does not really exist, i.e. in form of a substance (visualization theory).

It depends what we mean by "really exist" and "substance". Do my dreams exist? I'd tend to say they exist. When I dream they seem even made of real substance.

In a way everything exists, made of some kind of "substance", that might not be made from periodic table elements.

But, I don't have a rigorous opinion about this, and I don't believe to be an important subject.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 31-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Master

Quote:
If matter isn’t physical what else is it, what is primordial substance?

If matter isn’t physical, it would have to be a virtual phenomenon. So you believe theory B is true?

Matter (from an esoteric perspective) is considered as the building substance of each plane.

So the physical plane is composed of physical matter.

The astral plane is composed of astral matter.

The mental plane is composed of mental matter.

And so on.

Peace