Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 05-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Lightbulb I feel like praying!!!

A friend of mine who is a pagan once said to me, "I sometimes do feel like praying."

I believe that many pagans have this feeling from time to time.
My question, why do they get this feelings?
Old 05-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antikai
A friend of mine who is a pagan once said to me, "I sometimes do feel like praying."

I believe that many pagans have this feeling from time to time.
My question, why do they get this feelings?

Maybe because they are curious about the "One God". Maybe because they are curious about who Jesus was.

My personal experience is that there is a lot of holiness associated with Yahweh/Jehovah and Jesus.

People cannot help but be interested.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:48 PM
55Degrees

You'd be surprised at how many pagans do actually pray (pagan prayer beads are a 'thing').
Some pray to deities they are drawn to or nature/animal spirits and also during ancestral work, offering prayers to ancestors.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Master
This is what happens when people restrict themselves to a certain religion/set of rules. Follow what feels right within yourself forget the dogma.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:26 PM
ImthatIm

Maybe the whole "Life" thing is about relationship.

To have a relationship you should communicate AKA praying.

Also there are many forms of prayer.
Old 25-01-2020, 08:25 AM
Pathfinder
Usually when I pray it's for guidance, calmness, patience, or just to communicate with my deities
Old 25-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Master
Although most of 'paganism' tends to be more ritualistic there's nothing saying you can't pray or that prayer is never there.
Prayer is not exclusive to monotheism. If you wanna pray then pray!!
Old 25-01-2020, 10:08 AM
Newbie ;)

What is Prayer?

Something I heard many moons ago is that praying is talking to God, meditating is listening.

As a Druid / Christian / Pagan / Buddhist who worships Odin among many others. I appreciate all life force streams and try to open lines of communication with any life force stream that wants to communicate with me.
Old 25-01-2020, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce
Something I heard many moons ago is that praying is talking to God, meditating is listening.

As a Druid / Christian / Pagan / Buddhist who worships Odin among many others. I appreciate all life force streams and try to open lines of communication with any life force stream that wants to communicate with me.

Buddhist and Christians do not worship Odin....
Old 26-01-2020, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Buddhist and Christians do not worship Odin....

And why not...?

Early Christianity in Scandinavia as well as England mixed with, and lived alongside, 'pagan' beliefs. Some people may have used a prayer to the Biblical God alongside paying respect to Freya or Odin. Similarly, some Buddhists in Asia worship gods or goddesses. There's nothing stopping a European Buddhist (or anywhere else) to worship Odin along practising Buddhist teachings. It might go against any sort of purist attitude of other practitioners but on an individual level it should not matter.