Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 06-09-2019, 12:29 AM
Experiencer

Fakes? Why there are multiple variations of the same crystal?

Has anyone else notice there is a few crystals that when you go to look for them, they have a few varieties that look totally different? How do you even know which version is real?

Tanzanite for example comes in a blue quartz like shape, and then also a non-translucent blue stone that looks like chalky.

Ajoite and Papagoite seem to appear in clear quartz, and then there's versions where its totally blue or that turquoise color.

Brookite seems to have three varieties... a brown plate, a black cube, and a quartz version that has black sprays.

I've also seen multiple versions of Dream Quartz and Super 7 Melody Stones.

How do you know what's real and what's fake? Could there be multiple versions of the same crystal?
Old 06-09-2019, 01:06 AM
Master
The Super 7 Melody Stones are all trademarked by Melody. If the stones were not purchased originally from Melody, then it is classified as a fake.
Dream Quartz is such a lose title that it can mean almost any Quartz.
Papagoite, named after the Papago Indians, looks like the minerals that make up the specimen which are bluish in nature. They are calcium, copper, aluminium and silicate hydroxide. To purchase such specimens, you should really have an affinity with the dealer, if not, you probably will get ripped off. Only the one of a kind collector is generally attracted to this rare specimen.
Ajoite is generally found in Quartz. I suspect some of the specimens sold that are in quartz are man-made.
I have some Brookite crystals. They are small and not very attractive. They can easily be confused with Magnetite.
I also have several Tanzanite Gem Stones: I also have some in the rough. Note: Tanzanite is easily man-made. A considerable amount of Tanzanite comes from the Russian Federation and as far as I know, are all man-made.

Buying Crystals/rocks can be tricky. Get to know the dealer and also get familiar with the item you are interested in buying.
I suggest to start of with, buy the inexpensive, traditional crystals/stones. There is one exception, and that is Hematite. I recommend studying up on Hematite or more specific "Red Hematite". You might be surprised what people buy as Hematite is not really Hematite and that the real Hematite, most people shy away from that. Funny World.

I hope this has been helpful.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:52 AM
Master
Can have to do with the different qualities of them. In such cases the price usually is indicative.
There are also different varieties within a certain stones appearance. Take rose quartz... Some are pale pink, almost white, others are deep full pink. Some opaque some semi-transparent. All are real. Just different varieties of rose quartz, often depends on where they're found. Some areas produce different looking and/or higher vibrational qualities than another, like Brazil and Madagascar.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Experiencer

I guess you really have to go with your instincts then, and also consider quality, etc. I'm fairly sure that all the crystals I've bought are indeed real crystals... but like you mentioned about magnetite, perhaps I may be getting something that's characterized incorrectly.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:17 PM
Master
Instinct, maybe, but some imitations are so good that they're only distinguishable in a lab. So I prefer to go for a good shop with reliable sources of purchase.
Apart from that I doubt that most crystals will be fakes.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
I guess you really have to go with your instincts then, and also consider quality, etc. I'm fairly sure that all the crystals I've bought are indeed real crystals... but like you mentioned about magnetite, perhaps I may be getting something that's characterized incorrectly.

Do not worry too much.
Brookite looks a lot like Magnetite but I never heard of somebody selling Magnetite as Brookite. Most people do not even know Brookite exist.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.