Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi.....could do with some help explaining.......

We lost my brother and my mums son (obviously) 3 weeks ago to cancer after a long battle, he was 44 yrs old, I need help for my mum please......
I have tried to explain to her that he will be in sleep state for a short while to rest in spirit and recover, last night she woke up to find two people standing by the foot of her bed, didn't recognise them they didnt speak just faded away. She thought it would be him that visited first.?
would just like some better words really if possible to explain ?

Thank you so much

Helen xx
Old 18-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Master

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Helen.

Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. My heart goes out to you.

Re the figures: This was something comforting or intended to be comforting. It's Spirit trying to get a 'message' across (i.e. that we're not 'dead')
She didn't recognise the two figures you say? That could be because in the spirit world we (usually) adopt a physical appearance that reflects how 'we' were in our prime. That is to say, someone who passed over in their 70s or 80s might well use the appearance of how they were when they were in their 20s.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-04-2016, 08:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Welcome Helen....

Last edited by Clover : 19-04-2016 at 12:50 AM.
Old 18-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Smile Who were they

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen171
We lost my brother and my mums son (obviously) 3 weeks ago to cancer after a long battle, he was 44 yrs old, I need help for my mum please......
I have tried to explain to her that he will be in sleep state for a short while to rest in spirit and recover, last night she woke up to find two people standing by the foot of her bed, didn't recognise them they didnt speak just faded away. She thought it would be him that visited first.?
would just like some better words really if possible to explain ?

Thank you so much

Helen xx
Welcome and I'm sorry about your loss.
In my own experiences, those who cross over may or may not "sleep" but the ones I met were very much alive, well and quite active. Since she did not recognize the visiting figures, there's not much that I can say other than what I currently know from my own experiEnce. Those in spirit quite often drop by just to let us (my wife & I) know that there truly is an Afterlife or just to say hello. There is not much said but just their temporary presence is enough to lift our spirits and bring us some comfort & joy. I hope that the next time they come to visit all of you will smile and say "Hello". They just want acknowledgement that they are STILL HERE!
Old 18-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Experiencer
Welcome Helen. I am so sorry for you and your familys loss.

Now IMHO was that your brother? Under the circumstances and timing, yes. Yes I do. Spirits will sometimes appear in a solid form with no distinct features for various reasons. The size of the apparition would have likely been pretty close to him in physical form. Appearing as he was in life may have been a little upsetting. This visit seems to me like "Don't worry I'm ok, and I'm not alone"

He is likely with another family member that had passed. Hope this helps.
Old 19-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for your replies xx I will explain to her.
Now she has asked to see a spiritualist medium to hear from him, I know he may not come through although I believe he would as the bond they shared was extraordinary!
Is it too soon yet though, do you think?

Many thanks xx
Old 19-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Experiencer
Helen, I don't feel that there is ever a right or wrong time. Where your brother is, time doesn't exist. They are not bound by limitations like they were in the physical.

Here's the thing. Seeking the help of a medium can help bring closure. That's partly the reason why they do what they do because its using their gifts to help both the living and their lost loved ones. But one has to understand it's not healthy to try and maintain a relationship with our loved ones through a medium. We can be surrounded by our loved one that are capable of communication but there is a reason they dont. We can't move on with our lives if they are here trying to communicate. They have certain rules they go by. They lack physical bodies so it's not the same and its not healthy for us or them.

But if your mom seeks a medium to help her find closure do be careful. There are very dishonest people out there out to make a dollar. I can't speak for others but when a I recieved a message from a girls mother it went like this. The spirit gave me personal information on herself and I was to repeat it to her daughter. Then her messages came through that pertained to her daughters doubts, depression and insecurity. The personal information on the mother was to ensure her daughter believed. And she did. This was done long distance.

So my advice if you seek one out don't provide too much information. If they can connect you won't have to.

Just my 2 cents
Old 21-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Guide
I'm so sorry, Helen.

Perhaps they were ancestors checking up on your mother? That was my first thought.

Hopefully the medium will be a reputable one. Regardless, I'm sure he will make contact with your mother at some point in time, in his own way.

In the meantime, I would keep a white candle lit for him, and spend a little bit of time daily sitting by it and talking to him silently while sending your love. I'm sure that he would be able to hear her.
Old 21-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Hi Helen i too lost my husband at the age of 44 to cancer that was 9 years ago for me.it could have been family members coming to let your mother know that your brother is with family on the other side.she will need time to grieve and so will you,before anything makes much sence to you,
your brother will be fine not everyone goes into a sleep state,it depends on how well your brother excepted the passing.this is my experience anyway.condolances on your loss.

Namaste
Old 22-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you all for your comforting words, they really are a help.
My thoughts are that they were family members too.
I can't even begin to comprehend the loss she is feeling as my only sibling it is heartbreaking for me, but to lose your child must be overwhelming for her.
I will start to look for a reputable Medium, by word of mouth?

He definitely was ready for his passing in fact he wanted it! I promised him our dad would be waiting to take him over, I'm not sure if he believed me or whether he thought I was just giving him words of comfort at the end, but I know I was giving him both, words of truth and comfort.
xx