Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Serenity Bear

Beginnger needs help

Hi everyone.

Iv just started getting interested into Astronomy so Id like some advice to go forward with it.

Iv ordered a planisphere, and have two copies of the Astronomy magazine and wall chart coming.

I living in a semi-rural area but we do have street lights. My back window overlooks a nice garden and field area, so Im hoping I will be able to see stars there. I can often see the Moon well, when its not cloudy.

Can anyone recommend some reading material (Im in the Uk) and any You Tube videos as Im a visiual learner? I am watchng the stargazing programme this week so learning a little.

Thanks for your assistance.

PS: I love nebulas and colours of things.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Master
Man I have no clue.....I've always have a deep fascination with astronomy and really would love to take a college course in it. Have yu see (I know you're in the UK so forgive my naivity about UK tv) that Nat Geo is putting on a show every week about how the universe works?
Also I know there are good beginner magazines out there for star hunting etc.......I know they have them in America because I used to read them years ago.
Spiritlite.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Gerryh

Try finding some of Patrick Moores books on Astronomy.Your library should have something.
Best wishes Gerry
Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Serenity Bear

Thanks to both of you. I have found an awesome magazine called Astronomy Now which is available here.

I will look up Patrick Moores books ( I know the daughter of his partner in the early days).

Iv also found a local adult education course which I can go to when Im well enough.

Im off to look up at the sky to see if the clouds gone yet.

Thanks
Serenity.

PS
Just thought up an anacronym for the planets: MoVE M JaSUN!
Old 26-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Guide
If you like YouTube and are a visual learner check out "Jack Stargazer" or "Jack Horkheimer."

He has recently died so some students and collegues have taken over the show to keep it going.

Old 27-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Serenity Bear

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll go take a look.