Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 04-04-2020, 07:23 AM
Pathfinder

The Art of Beauty.

Good evening, art is a subject of interest that I have grown more fond of over the years. When I was in the 8th grade we had an art teacher that taught us art for one semester. And I found it so very fascinating, especially the Renaissance Period. It is so very ethereal, enchanting and beautiful. I love the artwork of Thomas Kinkade, Chuck Pinson, Brian Froud, Botticelli, Pre Raphaelites, I also love fairy, unicorn and fantasy art as well. Plus, images of nature such as the clouds changing shape in the blue sky. The summer foliage and beautiful, celestial artwork of angels, the Gods and the Goddesses too. I become a fan, an admirer later as an adult of the beautiful, mystical flower fairies by Cicely Mary Barker. There are quite a few different outlooks of beauty that I admire, that have inspired me. That I look up to, such as: The Elizabethan Period, The Victorian Era, the time of the 1920's-1930's, I believe that is referred to as Art Deco, Greek Mythology, the Edwardian Period.

I admire the beauty of a Hindu Princess, I've even seen it in an artist's rendering of the Virgin Mary. The first movie star: Mary Pickford. The first supermodel: Evelyn Nesbit. The beautiful but unfortunate women of the Royal Romanov family. I happen to love watching a lot of costume dramas whether they are based on true account or just fiction. I admire the beauty that women had among themselves during the 1600's. During the medieval times such as in the 1981 movie: Excalibur. It is one of my many favorite films. This is not only the art of beauty it is also the essence of it. What does anyone here think of what I have expressed about Art, Beauty? Sleep well everyone and have a pleasant morning.

Blessed Be.
Old 14-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Elfin

Hi Lily... I also appreciate the beauty of art. Oh but we could lose ourselves in the beauty of art. I too love Thomas kinkade . I usually have his calenders and have a large Christmas ornament of his, a train that weaves its way up the mountain, through the villages to the top where Santa and his sleigh fly through the air! But I love all artforms. Even graffiti on walls..And then of course we have to consider Banksy who I admire as modern day genius!.
Old 14-05-2020, 12:49 PM
ketzer

Yes, what you describe makes sense to me. Love Kinkade's art and the warm feeling of nostalgia it inspires in me, same with Terry Redlin. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I think there can be an art of seeing beauty in things as well, especially where one might not expect to find it. For example, I find now that in addition to paintings of nature and natural landscapes, I also find some of these paintings and photographs of certain old defunct industrial sights beautiful as well. Despite the fact that I do realize the devastating effects that some of those old factories and such had on those natural landscapes and the nature within. They nevertheless have a certain beauty about them….strange. I recall visiting an art exhibit at a local liberal arts college and being moved by the beauty in some of the paintings, even though the subject matter was quite dark and even ugly in some sense. Do you know what I mean (or anyone else out there), how something can be both dark and ugly and yet be beautiful all at once?
Old 14-05-2020, 01:13 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Yes, what you describe makes sense to me. Love Kinkade's art and the warm feeling of nostalgia it inspires in me, same with Terry Redlin. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I think there can be an art of seeing beauty in things as well, especially where one might not expect to find it. For example, I find now that in addition to paintings of nature and natural landscapes, I also find some of these paintings and photographs of certain old defunct industrial sights beautiful as well. Despite the fact that I do realize the devastating effects that some of those old factories and such had on those natural landscapes and the nature within. They nevertheless have a certain beauty about them….strange. I recall visiting an art exhibit at a local liberal arts college and being moved by the beauty in some of the paintings, even though the subject matter was quite dark and even ugly in some sense. Do you know what I mean (or anyone else out there), how something can be both dark and ugly and yet be beautiful all at once?
Hi Ketzer... I absolutly get what you mean. I too often see the beauty in what others would describe as ugly. On the surface , yes ugly. But look at the true meaning, or beyond the surface. Bit like seeing the soul of people.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:15 PM
Pathfinder
Hello!
I turned out to have liked several French neo-classicist painters (and maybe from a period a bit later), without knowing the connection between them.
I like the realistic but kind of mythologized touch when delivering imagery of human beings -- I love to see the game of shades, with dark contrast between the subject and the background. For example, Jacques-Louis David - The Death of Socrates. You can see many people in different posture, and their different ways of expression but all in dramatic harmony. Then there is some inexplicable emotion of something that was left unsaid but is still there to take away your eyesight and your stimulatory apparatus.
The feeling is very similar in Cornelia, mother of the Gracchi of Joseph-Benoît Suvée.
I also love the interpretations of angels in this period.
Ah, and I'm totally in love with William-Adolphe Bouguereau - Dante And Virgil In Hell, as well as with Alexandre Cabanel - Fallen Angel!