Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-04-2011, 10:30 AM
thewordofgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
iF any religion says you are (IE:abonination, unclean, wrong, sinful) for your sexual preference, is, im sorry to say wrong ( at least in that respect).

IF im not mistakin, teh catholic tradition state " man and man", or " man and male" sexual intercourse as " an abomination", to be fair i dont belive it even states anything about lesbians

Even then you shouldnt even have to worry about it, if religions talk about love, respect and uniting people, and togetherness, then why make rules in footnote? IT doesnt make sence.

The best thing for you to do is not worry about any particular tradition. Learn about everything, let the world be your religion, instead of the religion being your world.

It would be great if people would admit that God is more important to them than the world but that won't happen during this age. In the next age, every9one of God's people will worship him instead of the world he formed for us.
Old 18-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
There are many other spiritual paths you can take in which you won't be judged.
We all face judgment regardless of the path we follow. Hebrews 9:27 says, "It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment." In the Bible God has revealed the standards by which we will judge us and has showed us how to be ready for the judgment. Here is a way you can find out how well prepared you are:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=186160&postcount=1
Old 18-04-2011, 06:07 PM
breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
We all face judgment regardless of the path we follow. Hebrews 9:27 says, "It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment." In the Bible God has revealed the standards by which we will judge us and has showed us how to be ready for the judgment. Here is a way you can find out how well prepared you are:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=186160&postcount=1

Hi...

What you've done there is use a passage from something only you believe is true to prove something to people who don't believe it is true. Can you see the problem here?

It's similar to if I said to you. "No, not everyone does get judged because the buddha said we can free ourselves from karma and escape samsara in which god himself resides." Would you then accept it? No, because you don't believe in buddhism. In the same way your christian doctrine means nothing to anyone who doesn't believe in christianity.
Old 18-04-2011, 06:11 PM
breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewordofgod
It would be great if people would admit that God is more important to them than the world but that won't happen during this age. In the next age, every9one of God's people will worship him instead of the world he formed for us.

Narrow minded and unlearned in theology. Don't make a statement based purely on belief, otherwise it's a deliberate flippant falsification by omission of other possibilities. Saying a belief asif it is fact is a sign of disrespect to all other spiritualities because you BELIEVE that your sources are more genuine than others, yet they are oldest and most editted of almost all of them.

You say 'God' asif he belongs to you and your religion. He doesn't.
Old 18-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by breath
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...60&postcount=1
What you've done there is use a passage from something only you believe is true to prove something to people who don't believe it is true. Can you see the problem here?

It's similar to if I said to you. "No, not everyone does get judged because the buddha said we can free ourselves from karma and escape samsara in which god himself resides." Would you then accept it? No, because you don't believe in buddhism. In the same way your christian doctrine means nothing to anyone who doesn't believe in christianity.

'Tis true. But circular logic usually doesn't matter when it comes to absolute belief.

Funny thing is, I've read the Bible. I think there are some great messages in it and I think Jesus gave us a wonderful message. I just don't believe it's the "Word of God". All of the "God we should fear", "vengeful God", "judgemental God", "God will send you to Hell" messages were just made up to try to keep us in fear and under the Church's thumb. Jesus gave us the "Big Two" and dat's cool.
Old 18-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Guide
Identity is so important today, we're always scrambling to call ourselves something based on our beliefs and our feelings... You like what you like, and I do believe we have choice in what we wish to do.. Just do what you wish to do and you'll find your way. If people are uncomfortable with your actions and beliefs, then they are uncomfortable or unhappy with theirs as well. I see it in almost every holy roller or religious crazy I meet. And I've been on the other end, judging people- it was one of the most insecure times of my short life so far, and it's not as easy as it looks. Those people are suffering too, in a different way.
Old 19-04-2011, 12:51 AM
AngelBreeze

Warm greetings!

The discussion seems to be getting off-topic here. But I wanted to let you know that just today while I was at a store, I was reading in the newspaper about a study that is out concerning the suicide rates of gay teens who are more apt to commit suicide in parts of communities that are predominately conservative and with a political philosophy! How about that.

Apparently, where there is no support for Gay rights, kids often attempt to commit suicide at a greater rate. Only one state was in this study. The report cited a twenty percent rate of suicides among same-sex attracted teens vs. a four percent among the heterosexual ones. That is entirely too many losing their lives! Entirely too many! That should immediately bring up a red flag that something is drastically wrong as there should be No Suicides at all because of this matter concerning same-sex orientation.

These are significant findings and appear in a Pediatrics on-line journal. I can't immediately recall the full name, however. But, imho,this can only support the fact that discrimination against youth, as well as others, due to sexual orientation (the topic of this thread) is causing some very serious problems that need to be immediately addressed in this country, not just in one state, but in all the rest.

It is unthinkable that pressure placed on these students due to who they are and how they may have been born would ultimately drive them to their demise. How truly sad to know that they could have had a good future and become fine productive citizens of this country with much to contribute to society but instead, because of the prejudiced, narrow-minded thinking on the part of some, but thankfully and certainly by not all Christians or those of other religions by any means, would cause them to take this ultimate fatal action.

Again, this penchant for speaking derogatorily against these folks must be STOPPED IMMEDIATELY! Look what is happening! Take A Good Hard Look if you're still not convinced! Each life is precious because God created it and it should matter even to those who still believe they are living back in the days of 'The Inquisition' to Cease Their Taunting, Rejection, Humiliation, and Excoriation of those children as well as all others whom God loves. No words are adequate enough to express such disdain for those who would purposely drive a fine human being to commit such a tragedy! It is simply beyond comprehension!

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." -- II JOHN 9 (KJV)
Old 19-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Warm greetings!

The discussion seems to be getting off-topic here. But I wanted to let you know that just today while I was at a store, I was reading in the newspaper about a study that is out concerning the suicide rates of gay teens who are more apt to commit suicide in parts of communities that are predominately conservative and with a political philosophy! How about that.

Apparently, where there is no support for Gay rights, kids often attempt to commit suicide at a greater rate. Only one state was in this study. The report cited a twenty percent rate of suicides among same-sex attracted teens vs. a four percent among the heterosexual ones. That is entirely too many losing their lives! Entirely too many! That should immediately bring up a red flag that something is drastically wrong as there should be No Suicides at all because of this matter concerning same-sex orientation.

These are significant findings and appear in a Pediatrics on-line journal. I can't immediately recall the full name, however. But, imho,this can only support the fact that discrimination against youth, as well as others, due to sexual orientation (the topic of this thread) is causing some very serious problems that need to be immediately addressed in this country, not just in one state, but in all the rest.

It is unthinkable that pressure placed on these students due to who they are and how they may have been born would ultimately drive them to their demise. How truly sad to know that they could have had a good future and become fine productive citizens of this country with much to contribute to society but instead, because of the prejudiced, narrow-minded thinking on the part of some, but thankfully and certainly by not all Christians or those of other religions by any means, would cause them to take this ultimate fatal action.

Again, this penchant for speaking derogatorily against these folks must be STOPPED IMMEDIATELY! Look what is happening! Take A Good Hard Look if you're still not convinced! Each life is precious because God created it and it should matter even to those who still believe they are living back in the days of 'The Inquisition' to Cease Their Taunting, Rejection, Humiliation, and Excoriation of those children as well as all others whom God loves. No words are adequate enough to express such disdain for those who would purposely drive a fine human being to commit such a tragedy! It is simply beyond comprehension!

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."-- MATTHEW 28: 19-20 (KJV)

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." -- II JOHN 9 (KJV)

Back up there Angelbreeze, according to how they were born? According to an article published in 1969 by John Hopkins University, gender is like language, as long as there are no "kinky" gene or hormone predispositions, gender role identity is said to be "learned." Genetics ordains only that language can develop, not whether it will be Arabic or English.

Now, I'm not taking sides or suggesting things like this are right! But I am interested in whether or not there are scientific facts to suggest that this article published in 1969 are no longer true. I realize too that back in the 60's homosexuality was once looked to be a mental illness.
Old 19-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Back up there Angelbreeze, according to how they were born? According to an article published in 1969 by John Hopkins University, gender is like language, as long as there are no "kinky" gene or hormone predispositions, gender role identity is said to be "learned." Genetics ordains only that language can develop, not whether it will be Arabic or English.

Now, I'm not taking sides or suggesting things like this are right! But I am interested in whether or not there are scientific facts to suggest that this article published in 1969 are no longer true. I realize too that back in the 60's homosexuality was once looked to be a mental illness.

Shim, there have been loads of scientific studies on the subject. Nothing has been "proven" either way. They've found both genetic, hormonal, in-utero, and environmental factors affecting it. Google it. You'll find loads of info on more recent studies.
Old 19-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Shim, there have been loads of scientific studies on the subject. Nothing has been "proven" either way. They've found both genetic, hormonal, in-utero, and environmental factors affecting it. Google it. You'll find loads of info on more recent studies.

Thanks Triner, you have confirmed what I already know. I don't have enough interest or time to pursue the subject. I'm just used to the argument surfacing in various forums, and was wondering if someone else had something I hadn't already heard.