Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Knower

Not able to work with my studies anymore

Hello! I am not able to work with my studies anymore, it all seems to go blank terms i once knew rings no bells in my mind! No associations, just presence! Will this pass?

When i sit there i just aint able to comprehend anything! Anyone gone through the same?
Old 09-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
Hello! I am not able to work with my studies anymore, it all seems to go blank terms i once knew rings no bells in my mind! No associations, just presence! Will this pass?

When i sit there i just aint able to comprehend anything! Anyone gone through the same?

There are many paths to the state of consciousness that all spiritual seekers desire. One of those paths involves what I call "the falling away of knowledge" or "the dissolution of knowledge". It can be summarized by saying when a person is going through this phase of that journey they will come to realize "I can't know anything for certain, everything is just a loose association and an imperfect attempt to capture perfection".

Sometimes when people go through this phase they take it overboard and say "well if I can't know anything for certain then I can't know anything at all, so why bother". Then the brain begins to do what you are doing now, having great difficulty in learning and memory. It's like the brain decides to go totally present moment awareness and rely on intuition. For a student or someone engaged in a mentally strenous job this is terrible, it's like our car has broken down but we still need to get to work each day anyways or risk losing our job.

When that phase hit me, I had to do my best to act on reason instead of what I felt. I told myself that despite not being able to know things with the degree of perfection that I desired, knowledge still had some usefulness and I ought to do my best to stay on page with everyone else. In other words, language and human knowledge may be imperfect but still has profound usefulness. Maybe not useful in certain spiritual pursuits, but for anybody engaged in the material world (job, family, personal entertainment) it's essential.

When I felt the dissolution of knowledge, it was related to pain in some way. I realized that imperfect understanding was creating pain, so I decided to let go of knowledge all together. This made me drop out of college and almost lose my job. I had to learn balance because the pain initially created was great, but so is not having a job or a college degree (i have since went back and I now have a bachelors), I had to learn balance. I think that is what the dissolution of knowledge process is, learning balance. Wishing you the best of luck.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Knower

Thank you! This was of great help!