Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-10-2017, 06:19 AM
Seeker
Question Awakening process

How fast does this process go?

I left my husband, the man I was with for 18 years. (it was a very mentally, emotionally and verbally abusive relationship. I spent many years locked away in a house feeling I had no choice.) Once I left, the weight was lifted. It was a couple weeks later I had my awakening and it feels like it's been put into the fast lane! So much has been going on. My gifts have been heightened without a doubt (especially my role as an empath), my vision has changed, especially colours and brightness. Visions and dreams, the urge to learn yet so much being thrown at me information wise that I can't keep up! The static feeling that I've learned I need to go outside with no shoes or socks so I can ground, the amplified hearing and ringing in my ears, the tingly fingers.

The once I went outside to ground, the very first time, it was so overwhelming. I went out and put my hands on the tree in my yard. I felt everything inside me, up through me, through my heart, and through the top of my head shot light. My boyfriend said my chakra's were completely clear. Something else I need to learn!

I don't really know much about any of this, it's fairly new to me.
Can someone help me or guide me in the right direction for information please?
Old 09-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatoriOnawa

I left my husband, the man I was with for 18 years. (it was a very mentally, emotionally and verbally abusive relationship. I spent many years locked away in a house feeling I had no choice.) Once I left, the weight was lifted. It was a couple weeks later I had my awakening and it feels like it's been put into the fast lane! So much has been going on. My gifts have been heightened without a doubt (especially my role as an empath), my vision has changed, especially colours and brightness. Visions and dreams, the urge to learn yet so much being thrown at me information wise that I can't keep up! The static feeling that I've learned I need to go outside with no shoes or socks so I can ground, the amplified hearing and ringing in my ears, the tingly fingers.

The once I went outside to ground, the very first time, it was so overwhelming. I went out and put my hands on the tree in my yard. I felt everything inside me, up through me, through my heart, and through the top of my head shot light. My boyfriend said my chakra's were completely clear. Something else I need to learn!

It's a very complex process so I can't speak with certainity but I believe the process is based on some kind of motivating force related to pain. The process goes on as long as we have the motivating force. If pain motivated us, we will continue to awaken until we have learned peace, or enough peace to bring balance to the pain. I've also noticed that strong and negative experiences can slow the process, so it's best if we treat the process with respect and try not to push it along. It will slow down eventually and things will lose their magical feeling, it's simple adaption, so we mind as well enjoy it while it lasts and seek to understand it as much as possible before it becomes second nature. journaling is GREAT and if you don't journal regularly I suggest you start now.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Seeker
Thank you very much for your input Shivatar.
That makes a great deal of sense to me. I am still struggling a bit with my relationship with my husband. It ended on a very bad note involving a domestic abuse call while my children and I were hiding in a bedroom.
I don't struggle with the things he has done or with him, I accept completely that he is who he is and have been trying to help him (when he will talk to me) find some inner peace, but I struggle with guilt of not leaving sooner for my children.

Journaling is something I had done for years. I had fallen off track a few years ago though. I have started again just the other day as I needed a place to keep track of my experiences, my feelings, how I'm coping through them, and what the lesson is in it for me.

Go with the flow. Thank you kindly.
Namaste.
Love and light!
Old 09-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Kioma

I would also suggest exploring meditation.. There are many varieties here. Find what works for you. It's difficult to recommend more, as I am not you. :)
Old 09-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Seeker
Thank you Kioma. I have started recently meditating and picked up yoga again as well.
What I'm finding with meditating is that I lose track of time, and fall asleep.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Thank you Kioma. I have started recently meditating and picked up yoga again as well.
What I'm finding with meditating is that I lose track of time, and fall asleep.

With practice, you can find that part where you are bright, alert and in tune - in the meantime, get enough sleep and keep your eyes half open perhaps? (relaxed gaze)
Old 09-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Deactivated Account

For information I feel you can't go far wrong by listening to Abraham Hicks to give you a foundation of what we and the universe are. What you're experiencing now with your awakening is easily explained within her teachings. I'll leave a link for you to listen to at the end and later there are so many more videos that you can listen to that can answer many of your questions. I'll explain first though that these teachings are by a spiritual entity called Abraham through a channel called Esther Hicks.

My own understanding is that we are all first and foremost vibrational beings living in a vibrational universe...in other words we are non physical consciousness living within the physical, we are not our bodies, we have just identified ourselves as our physical form which is limitation.

Everything you are now feeling and sensing is the realisation of your vibrational nature, your energy, and the reason you are sensing it simply put is because you have let go of the resistance you were going through while you were with your husband. Life is about resistance and flow. Its a bit like a river meeting a dam, the force of the river is building the water rises until eventually the dam can no longer hold it all in and the river finds its way through ...all that energy is released. This is what has happened with you I feel. Now you're getting to know yourself as you really are.

I agree with others that giving yourself time to meditate or even contemplation if meditation is difficult...get to know your real self, try to sense when you're going with the flow and when you're putting up resistance through your thought processes. You can feel this by staying in tune with your body...stress and tenseness is obviously resistance, a relaxed body is flow. When you open your mind you can literally feel the energy. You felt that energy flow through when you touched the tree.

There is no time pressure, you won't miss anything, there is no end to this either. Just when you think you have all the answers you discover you actually know very little and the process begins again...just like the ebb and flow of the ocean one minute you think you're getting somewhere then it feels empty. Don't worry about anything, just relax and enjoy the journey but always be alert to what your thinking and feeling, this keeps you in the present moment, the now.

As for your husband, he needs to find his own answers. If you can hold your present level of high vibration then keeping in touch is fine, your duty is always your own vibration first though. You are of no help to anyone if you lose your connection to self, you'll always be inspired to right action while you're in tune with your energy.

I think that's enough from me for now...the above is what I've learned over the years and there is so much more. But now over to Abraham Hicks... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfQYg4cexhE
Old 10-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Deactivated Account

All good advice here. There are so many different resources/avenues to look into. It all depends where you feel drawn to and what resonates personally with you and you alone.

If your in a state of emotional healing, I highly recommend authors like Marianne Williamson, Iyanla Vanzant, and Carylon Myss. Key words, 'Shadow Work' and 'healing the inner child' are good topics to look into in, especially in cases of abuse. I like the healing cards Carolyn Myss has available in book stores, great self development tool. Abraham Hicks also has affirmation cards to work with.

Of course, there are tons of topics on the forum to learn from. Good luck and welcome.

“There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own Soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

― C.G. Jung
Old 10-10-2017, 05:00 AM
Master
I'm with you on the inner child, yoga and meditation. Now the space has opened for a lot to release, and keeping the calm balanced mind is key. It's a rough past you describe, so one has to be free of that abuse, protect the children including the inner child, and really cut those ties. The abusive kammic cycle in theirs - not yours.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:25 AM
Master
Quote:

I can relate as an empath. Its intense through the openings of you in life in this way. As you can see yourself, you are your own best guide through this as you naturally are moved to know what to do as each aspect arises. So if you are feeling stuck in something then explore yourself in that aspect. I too remember this and I got through just by listening to what I needed to balance and ground, as you are walking through them, you wont always need to understand them until much later. You are literally creating the pieces of yourself through all this. Of course others who are familiar can support your process so asking is awesome and listening in yourself to the pathway that feels right for you is best.

I had an experience the other night where by I was drained and a little off, I called in spirit to support me to balance my energies and body. I do healings with others but ensure I am taking good care of my own needs. I immediately noticed that the ringing in my left ear heightened to such a degree it was completely off the bar. Then my whole left side went into a spasm energy wave of heat. I trusted this process. I was guided to lay on my side and as I did I had a waking vision, of the light before me, it was like one hundred white butterflies fluttering away. It was lovely. I then noticed this veil was breaking away and something was moving closer to me that was faceless. I just observed and took it in, noticed how I felt and how it can be a natural part of your own ability to self heal. In the past when I was first opening, these kind of experiences which were quite pronounced and extreme, I was in fear mode. This time I am in anticipation of how direct I am now connecting and look forward to more of my own unfolding, knowing I am safe and protected and only need to listen deeper to my own needs through the process. As you can too.

I have had many mystical awakenings and they get deeper through process of what you might be offloading. Many people don't understand just how much an empath carries from birth to your current time.. It can be difficult and heavy to let it all go, but trust its not you, its what has settled in you from others. We tend to take on more than our own stuff, so it becomes a process of offloading and letting go. What you learn through each step is the integration of yourself coming together with the right tools to manage. You gather a range of tools to know your safe for your own process to unfold. Basically your higher self knows and it will lead you to what supports you, at times, other times you will have to step into the physical nature of support. Support flows in, in many ways, to develop a deeper understanding of you in lots of ways of being you.

The faster manifestation times are basically happening so you not engaged in your head, so try to be aware its a full body experience, so your more listening deeper to your needs from your being. You are literally being guided through process in what supports you, how to balance and listen in the moment. This is a long term gift to know in each moment of you balance over time, how to centre and stay grounded more naturally.

As a healer I might just add that sometimes you don't need to go into the painbody, but naturally into your higher state to clear stuff not yours..Its like an activation to unplug your system to do what you have to do on earth. What you clear in other ways becomes part of your life and human experience. Understanding your process from many views of you is important and will often unfold in this way.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder