Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
any tips on where to start?
There's lots of sources and different ways to cultivate energy. Depends what you have affinity with. Try a few and see what works for you.....

Elemental energy....earth, fire, water, air, ether, trees and plants, crystals, elemental spirits
Source energy.... Reiki, seventh plane, oneness
Divine energy.... Sacred sites, icons, statues, prayer. Gods, angels, guides, elemental spirits
Soul energy....Akashic record, past lives, the collective unconscious, soul aspects, ego aspects
Psychic energy.... Crowded places, cities, train stations, nightclubs, especially useful in countries with high population density,

If you have trouble I can talk you through it or design a ritual to connect. (Pick one). I have used all of the above at various times. Some people use dreams too but I have no affinity for that. There can also be issues with integration of energy to begin with and you need some level of connection with soul energy to begin working with mana. More connection with soul energy gets you into the higher realms. As you progress into each realm your maximum mana capacity increases so you can get stronger if you do the cultivation necessary.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Sometimes putting oneself 2nd is how it feels to me. Again, how dose one achieve this! Once you answer this, as in any question, you can begin. It's kinda surprising, it's in what we don't do. Anyway, this is what I have seen and fit's me. Who knows if it's real....

Put the self second to what?
Old 03-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
That sounds like a wonderful way to develop compassion and empathy. :)

When you have eternity you gotta get creative, ya know? lol
Old 03-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Put the self second to what?

The 2nd self is the higher self. The "I" is selfish and is it's center. The "I" is the illusion. The higher self has all the answers..... you need. And one does not need every answer. The 2nd must be 1st. Knowledge! Experience! We may look at experience in terms of "I" focus, ego.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give me a moment, "I" am gathering my thoughts to present an experience which I hope will further explain.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Most could use a clean slate away from the 'I'm not worthy' mentality, which is often what triggers a perceived need for Spiritual growth. Your Spirituality begins and ends with yourself and when you know that better your Spirituality makes more sense. What are the reasons you (wider you) want Spiritual growth and what does it mean to you?

Often too many answers and far too few questions.

Startling thought. My experience so have to agree. Many times we may not know the place we are coming from. Where I once felt the extreme I was not, I hope I am not at the extreme I am entitled, only I am.

And in the process other's will challenge it and so irrelevant.

I love this last statement and because I'm sure my perception is so different then what I believe is meant, yet I would say in the exact same way to say something different.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:50 AM
Master

I was going to talk about altered consciousness through the flow of the minds energy, the technique of communication with the self. Still you must choose the way. I spent many years in study and reflection and it was no easy task. I would not be able to guarantee it would work. Since I believe you see the discussion in traditional ways and that information is willing to be shared so I would say you will have to decide. I had no such offer made to me, choice is great.

It doesn't matter which you choose as only can be chosen. But this worked for me as I did have the luxury of another. It is taken again from New Age practice. Many years ago I engaged in study and learning everything I could on the question I had. I spent years on it. I remember people telling me to meditate, it was the way. I tried all the exercises and such and it did not work. And even if you can it takes years to do. But I couldn't even get started.

it was here I decided to take what all the teachers and scholars said. You asked how do you begin, it is time. No matter what you do it will come to you. You need patience and time. I find that conversation is the way for me. Since a person cannot lie to themselves it's the perfect person to have a conversation with. I began by giving myself permission to. I also do this with the subconscious, I tell my subconscious it has freedom to speak to me.

Has any ever done this? This is not a secret practice but a powerful one and one that is not practiced much, it's writing, auto writing in total immersion in dialogue with self. One day I decided to put into my words all that I heard and read. I don't know what happened but one day my mind opened to me. During that period I wrote 131 pages of thoughts, I personally don't know how I altered my mind to do it. It wasn't me. Craziest experience I ever had. It lasted about 2 weeks and I thought it never would end. I no longer know why I can't do it and I suppose back then I would. I put many of my questions to rest upon finding my answer. You do not need every one answered when you learn to enjoy the ones you got.

Speaking is important to us, so important we can't stop doing it so why not use it. I was writing to myself, it is so natural. The thing is it can't be controlled so it may not work. The thing is, though it did not last forever it did answer some my questions forever..... maybe. They haven't changed yet.

So do whatever makes sense I believe the higher self is the way.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Lets pretend I'm sitting in isolation and have a large amount of energy and determination to perform some mental Olympics but I don't know what to do.

What are some of the best techniques you know about for achieving an altered state of consciousness?
Namaste, Shivatar.

I'm a born gazer and gazing comes very naturally to me, so I will light a black candle (signifying the light of the Jyotir Lingam arising from out of the inertia of Tamas, or the Light of Shiva arising out of the Yoni of Kali/Shakti) and I'll just fully focus on it, slowing down my breath. This procedure is called Trataka.

I'll bring my awareness to the flame and watch it dance and flicker...I'll try not to blink, but if the urge comes, I'll surrender to it and allow blinking to happen...after a while the blinking reflex also slows down by itself.

Thoughts will come and go and I'll allow them to pass as well, but if I find myself becoming too attached to a thought or hung up on it, I'll just bring my awareness back to the candle flame itself.

After about 5 minutes of fixed gazing this way, I'll close my eyes and centre the 'after image' into the Third-Eye (Ajna) Chakra area, focusing on the glow in that Chakra until slight pressure/pain is felt, but that goes away after a while as well...then, when the after-image fades, I'll open my eyes and gaze at the candle again for another 5 minutes before closing my eyes...and I'll keep the whole practice up for about an hour.

I'll also find other things to gaze at other than a candle as well, like my own eyes in a mirror, focusing on the space between them until I can see my whole face change or my third-eye becomes visible, like a small halo of luminescence.

I will also place myself or an object in a mirror-tunnel and try to gaze to ascertain where the reflection of the reflection ends and I compare that to the reflection of Brahman in Maya. I'll also gaze at the space between two objects until that space disappears (like the tips of my index fingers placed half an inch apart).

This is one of my main practices (Trataka) and the other four are a certain Pranayama practice called Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing), a progressive muscle relaxation technique leading into a state of Yoga Nidra, direct self-inquiry as to the nature of Consciousness and a form of mental worship of Shiva called Shiva Manasa Puja...but lately I have swapped that last one out in favour of Shakti Vidhi Manasa Puja for the duration of Navaratri (and possibly beyond that).

I shall expand on each of my other techniques in subsequent posts, but these are the only spiritual practices I ever do!

It is also the fastest way to open the Third-Eye and raise Kundalini.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 04-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Master
Can anyone make the sun rise any quicker?

x daz x
Old 04-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Can anyone make the sun rise any quicker?

x daz x
Of course!

You can always jump aboard an airplane and travel in a westerly direction.

I appreciate your point though and if it's meant to happen, it will and if not, it won't.

What I am getting at here are those techniques that were taught to me (via the Tantric way), but they may not work for other people.

Nadi Shodhana

Rather than go into a full, detailed explanation of it, many good articles exist online, so I'm just going to be lazy and copy paste one, seeing as how the server is disagreeing with my attempts at posting my own long-winded essays.

https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/inf...ana-pranayama/

Having posted that, the reference material used is awesome! When I was a lot younger, I studied "Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha" by Swami Satyananda Saraswati until the covers fell off.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Of course!

You can always jump aboard an airplane and travel in a westerly direction.

I appreciate your point though and if it's meant to happen, it will and if not, it won't.

What I am getting at here are those techniques that were taught to me (via the Tantric way), but they may not work for other people.

Nadi Shodhana

Rather than go into a full, detailed explanation of it, many good articles exist online, so I'm just going to be lazy and copy paste one, seeing as how the server is disagreeing with my attempts at posting my own long-winded essays.

https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/inf...ana-pranayama/

Having posted that, the reference material used is awesome! When I was a lot younger, I studied "Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha" by Swami Satyananda Saraswati until the covers fell off.

I am an advocate myself in regards to promoting certain techniques and practices, I have undergone a few that worked wonders for me .

Like you say what you practiced worked wonders for you .

You hear of some that didn't entertain any practices or enquiries as such and the penny still dropped .

That is not to say that in previous incarnations one wasn't a slave to their own techniques and practices .

If your not ready, your not ready, if you are, you are .

Some are ready to entertain self enquiry, meditation, yoga and self healing but depending on what baggage one has to let go of will dictate / reflect how seemingly rapid one works through it .

Is their heart really in it . Is one totally dedicated to realize what they are, is one disciplined enough to self enquire and think of nothing else?

How long is anyone's piece of string .

For an individual that has minimal baggage that has purified themselves prior to incarnation may simply sit and become quiet and realize what they are, for another one may sit quietly for 50 years and not realize anything other than what quietness is .

Like said I am an advocate for certain practices but there are no short cuts .

There can seem like stagnation and there can seem like rapid advancement, but it will be down to where your at and where your heart is at in the grand scheme of things ..

Self realization doesn't happen by chance or by accident, it happens when all the right ingredients are present .

x daz x