Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Pathfinder
Satchitananda

In India, it is said what you are is satchitananda. Sat means "isness", chit mean "consciousness", and ananda means "bliss". There are many references to what we really are is happiness, bliss, joy, etc.

So in nonduality, realizing who/what you are means realizing you are happiness.

Now, happiness is something you are, when you are not making yourself miserable. There are illusions of the mind which push away happiness or otherwise cloud its presence. Most of the illusions are based on the fictitious "me"...the ego, which we identify with. So realize who/what you are...and you see through most of the illusions of the mind.

I find it interesting that the Buddha taught that awakening is the cessation of dukkha. Dukkha is often translated as suffering, but could also mean discontentment. So awakening is seeing through the illusions of the mind...which reveal what we have always been - happiness (ananda).
Old 21-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
In India, it is said what you are is satchitananda. Sat means "isness", chit mean "consciousness", and ananda means "bliss". There are many references to what we really are is happiness, bliss, joy, etc.

Now, happiness is something you are, when you are not making yourself miserable. There are illusions of the mind which push away happiness or otherwise cloud its presence. Most of the illusions are based on the fictitious "me"...the ego, which we identify with. So realize who/what you are...and you see through most of the illusions of the mind.

I find it interesting that the Buddha taught that awakening is the cessation of dukkha. Dukkha is often translated as suffering, but could also mean discontentment. So awakening is seeing through the illusions of the mind...which reveal what we have always been - happiness (ananda).

If the basic assertion of non duality is accepted, namely that despite the appearance of difference, All is One, then there is already no disconnection from that Oneness. Realizing that will not increase your connection to that Oneness for it must already be Oneness not realizing!
Old 21-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen

This is true, and i like the way you explained it. I'm familiar with the term Satchitananda, (spelt a couple of ways). Yep I enjoyed reading it as opposed to the somewhat clever intellectual people here, who respond with intellectual conundrums based upon nothing more than their own ego identity and claim it as non duality. lol ..Maybe i only understand simple things. Thanks once again for a great post. :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 21-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
This is true, and i like the way you explained it. I'm familiar with the term Satchitananda, (spelt a couple of ways). Yep I enjoyed reading it as opposed to the somewhat clever intellectual people here, who respond with intellectual conundrums based upon nothing more than their own ego identity and claim it as non duality. lol ..Maybe i only understand simple things. Thanks once again for a great post. :)
Bingo!

After getting involved in a few of these intellectual conundrums myself over the past 2 days, I just gave it all up with a huge sigh.

The very act of philosophising non-duality brings it into the realms of duality.
Old 21-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Exactly...to the op.
Our Default Mode is Sat Chit Anand, satchitananda...different regions of India say it differently.

Also, translates as, 'Truth is the consciousness of bliss'....
(Sat usually means True or Truth...examples... Sat Guru or Sat Nam,
Naam
or satsang; True Guru, True Name, being in the company of truth).

Isness does not always work well...but, is a fine translation.
Not trying to cause trouble, ha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Exactly...to the op.
Our Default Mode is Sat Chit Anand, satchitananda...different regions of India say it differently.

Naam

This is the case. I already thought about saying it, but I let it pass. I mentioned it a few days ago:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=67

It's funny how it takes a while for people to be 'on the same page'.
Old 21-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
This is the case. I already thought about saying it, but I let it pass. I mentioned it a few days ago:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=67

It's funny how it takes a while for people to be 'on the same page'.

Wowww i just read your link there necromancer to the post, my goodness that guy sounded like he had expelled you from the class and the school too. So very very sure of himself hmmm woww is all i can say lololol. Thanks for sharing.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 21-05-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Old 21-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Naam

Yes, 'Truth' is another variation...and I like your version as well.

sat (सत्):[9] In Sanskrit sat means "being, existing", "living, lasting, enduring", "real, actual", "true, good, right", "beautiful, wise, venerable, honest", or "that which really is, existence, essence, true being, really existent, good, true"
Old 22-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Wowww i just read your link there necromancer to the post, my goodness that guy sounded like he had expelled you from the class and the school too. So very very sure of himself hmmm woww is all i can say lololol. Thanks for sharing.
...and yet, he still doesn't get it.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=111842

There is no 'other way around' in non-duality (which was the whole point I was trying to make with my rather 'tongue in cheek' reply there).

I give up.

*goes to meditate on Siva*
Old 23-05-2017, 06:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
...and yet, he still doesn't get it.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=111842

There is no 'other way around' in non-duality (which was the whole point I was trying to make with my rather 'tongue in cheek' reply there).

I give up.

*goes to meditate on Siva*

I was hoping to ask you a question about Shaivism, I was going to go to the Shiva forum link that you put up but I don't want to be assailed lol. I hope nobody minds me using this thread to ask the question.

I don't know alot about Shiva or Shaivism, if anything at all. I've come across the term Kashmir Shaivism and wonder how it is distinct from other forms if it is at all. But my question was to do with language and sound. How does Shaivism see language and sound in terms of life itself and the universe ? I thought i heard someone say that Shaivism believes the Sound or Song is behind the universe or is the universe ? Would you mind saying something about this necromancer if possible ? Thank you very much.