Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-08-2012, 07:36 PM
maestro

i'm new and i have no idea what i'm doing... can someone tell me what just happened?

Alright, so a couple months ago I walked into a rock shop, picking out some cool rocks to decorate my room with. Had not looked into crystals, had no knowledge of anything... I asked the store attendant how people pick them out (I was referring to quality) and she told me something about holding and feelings it's vibrations, which I just tuned out as ** (sorry -- i was a skeptic), ended up picking a quarts, amethyst, and piece of fluorite.

I hadn't really touched them, or at least held them, I just quickly moved them from to the counter and the lady wrapped them up and bagged them. This was on my lunch break at work... when I got back I decided, randomly, that the fluorite should go on my desk at work. (interesting decision after i did some research later on)

Anyway, on the drive home, I decided I wanted to look at my crystals in the light (i was stuck in traffic)... took them out of the wrapping, had one in each hand... started feeling really... weird. i didn't attribute it to the crystals, i thought i was having some sort of weird mental thing going on. traffic started moving, i needed my hands on the steering wheel, let go of the crystals... everything stopped. I then realized it was the crystals causing whatever I felt.

Anyway, that's the background
/ WALL OF TEXT /

To the point.
Over the past few months I have been trying to find out as much as I can. I've had a few other experiences, most notably something that occurred the other night that I want to get some clarification on. I've acquired some other pieces, some tumbled stones that I've been attracted to (and carry around with me every day), as well as a pendulum (which actually has no purpose in this discussion).

I care for my stones. I cleanse them, I recharge them, I even talk to them sometimes.

I figured I'd try meditating, specifically with a stone that I purchased that is supposedly superseven. I've been trying to develop a relationship with this stone prior to meditation just trough some basic exercises. I figured, hey, I'll grid myself and try to meditate with the superseven.

I laid the stones that I carry with me every day around me body (I can't remember the exact order, but I do remember placing snowflake obsidian at the bottom) ... I also have a larger piece of black tourmaline sticking out of a quartz matrix thing that I placed at my feet (again, I don't know, I just did), I laid the other stones around me. I have a quartz cluster and a quartz wand, I imagined the cluster filled with healing energy and put the wand between it and me, pointing to me (hey, again, tell me if I'm doing something wrong I have noooooo idea I'm just going on instinct).

Finally, I laid down, holding the superseven in my right hand (i don't know if hands matter, but for the record I am right-handed). I kept my amethyst on my chest because it makes me feel safe and I wanted it close by. After about 5 minutes I began feeling a tugging toward the bottom of my body. I thought that was about as far as I was going to get, it was like a magnetic pull toward the tourmaline/quartz.

I gently moved by arms a bit and the superseven wound up in my left hand. As soon as I *thought* about the stone itself, my mind blanked. I believe I was trying to visualize the stone, just trying to picture its color, and then I was in another space. I can't say it was entirely... pleasant. At first I was kind of alarmed, being that it felt like I was getting... slightly electrocuted? but at a slower, almost static-like feeling. It WAS painful. I was aware of my body, I could feel my hand holding the stone, but I had to figure out entirely again how to move it. When I did, I grabbed the amethyst. Both stones were now in my left hand. The "shocks" drifted down to more of a pins and needles feeling, still not incredibly pleasant but bearable. At this point I started focusing on my body. I'm not versed in chakras, I can't visualize them, but there were distinctive points I could feel the energy moving throughout my body. I'd say something felt .... slower ... in one of the lower four (sorry its my first time it was really hard to isolate).

Around this time I got tired of the shocks, and again had to find a way to move, which took me a few minutes. I can best compare it to the feeling where you're halfway between being awake and asleep, you know you have to wake up but you want to stay sleeping, and slowly you keep grasping until you're awake. I dropped the superseven, still feeling some residual "shocks" I scooped up all the other stones, moved them away, and went to sleep with my amethyst under my pillow. About 2 hours had passed since I initially laid down to try to meditate.

So -- experts -- what exactly happened here...? Did I do something wrong? Is this stone rejecting me, or is this its way of attuning? Again I've got no experience here, I don't know what I should or should not be feeling. Any guidance... much appreciated!
Old 20-08-2012, 07:38 PM
maestro

just in case it matters, the stones i carry with me (and gridded myself with, since they were all i have at the moment) are white topaz, citrine, adventurine, emerald, snowflake obsidian and quartz.
Old 20-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Neville

Hello maestro.

Regarding Quartz and Crystals with a Quartz content(which is most all of them with a few exceptions).

We find Quartz in Silicon Chips, Clocks watches, TV Remotes, Microwave Ovens and numerous other things like LCD TVs Liquid Crystal Display Televisions. The Application of Quartz is so wide spread in our lives because it conducts small amounts of Electricity very efficiently.

If we take a quick look at ourselves, Our Brains are firing with little micro electrical charges . In Fact on a Brain Scan you can see theses little neurons lighting up like a Lights on a Christmas tree. Similarly our central nervous system running all the way throughout our bodies is connected by these channels through which biological micro electric currents run. Nerve impulses.

Examples of that electricity are those times When you get a shock of a shopping trolley or when your hair stands up after you pull a sweater over your head.

Clearly then, When your Energy Field comes into contact with Quartz an interaction of energy takes place. In some cases quiet a pronounced one while in others a more subtle one.
Old 21-08-2012, 08:27 AM
maestro

So Neville, how can I use this as a skill?

Your explanation sounded really "scientific" ... to me it almost felt on the verge of something religious, I definitely know it felt spiritual. Are you trying to sway me away from that? Isn't this the spiritual forums
Old 21-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Neville

I was only offering a possible explanation for your physical reactions to crystals. It is indeed a Spiritual forum, My apologies if my response was not the one you were looking for.