Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Knower
Unhappy Personality Change Following Major Seizures

Hello all. I'm not sure what to say or how to word this, but I felt like I needed to get this out. I am not epileptic, but I do suffer from occasional tonic clonic seizures (formerly known as Grand Mal seizures). My seizures are induced by stress and/or lack of proper sleep. Until recently, I hadn't experienced any seizures in over 5 years, and I believed I was free and clear of the problem, but that all changed.

Two weeks ago I had 2 back to back seizures. I nearly bit the tip of my tongue off, bruised and bloodied my arms, shoulders, and head (from thrashing in the seizure), and have had general amnesia for several days. It's not uncommon to experience perceptual changes following a major seizure, and it is also common to experience temporary mood changes and changes in sensations like smell and taste. In the past I would be an unbearable jerk for days following a seizure, and no one wanted to be near me (not even myself).

Following these recent seizures, I am a changed person. I cannot describe the depth and magnitude of my self-perception changes and awareness. Even now my words are failing me, and I am struggling to understand why I'm even writing these things to people who are mostly complete strangers to me. Please forgive me if I seem a bit off or unusual.

In any case, I am now a very calm person. I used to be very keyed-up and I was often angry for no reason. Where I once was very obsessed with matters of spirituality and "God" I am now completely disinterested in such things. My passion for food and cooking is gone, and I no longer feel the need to be "right" or "correct" all the time. It's like I got some really good stuff, but that I also lost some things that once mattered.

Like I said, I'm not very good with words right now, and so I'm not sure if any of this makes sense to anyone. I used to be very good with words and language, and now even that seems strange to me. I have been humbled.

Does anyone else have any experience with a change in personality following a seizure? I've read a few articles that say a major seizure can cause permanent brain damage, and no joke, I believe I have suffered in that way.
Old 29-03-2017, 01:13 AM
Master
If you're not epileptic...... Do you know the cause???? Any past blows to the head or anything like that???

Does blood sugar level effect it??? People who are either diabetics or hypoglycemic can have seizures like you describe.

And are you on any anticonvulsive medications????

Bottom line from my point of view is this is potentially serious and looking for answers on a public forum is probably not the way to treat it....

Go see a real doctor.....and very possibly a neurologist!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 29-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Knower
Thanks Lucky 1 for your reply and for asking good questions. I have no healthcare, and the last time I saw a neurologist was 5 years ago. At that time, three different anticonvulsive medications were tried on me, and while they controlled my seizures, they also came with some very serious side effects, such as extreme rage and desperate suicidal thoughts. At that time I decided (apart from my doctor's knowledge) that the side effects were potentially worse than the seizures, and so I stopped taking them, and for many years I haven't had any seizures (until these recent ones).

I used to be a mechanic, and I have suffered MANY sharp blows to the head and have had many concussions, and yet the brain scans show no structural injury. My blood sugar levels are normal and my diet is sound.

Like I said, I have NO HEALTHCARE. I cannot afford to see a doctor out of pocket, and besides, the doctor would look at my age (49) and order a battery of tests and examinations (due to my age) which I also cannot afford.

I Truly feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place with regard to medical care, and I'm pretty sure I'll die of some mystery illness that could have been prevented or reversed, had big pharma and big medical insurance not deemed money more valuable than Human life. Oh well - such may be my fate.

Thanks again :)
Old 29-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Master
Is it possible you would qualify for medicare due to your situation????

Old 29-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Is it possible you would qualify for medicare due to your situation????

I doubt it. I haven't been on SSDI ever, and Medicare requires a minimum of 24 months on SSDI before considering someone under 65.

I'm tempted to go to the hospital, sign all the forms, show up for the appointments, and then blow off the bill. What will they do - take back the care?

I'm just so annoyed that an illegal alien gets free healthcare and I have to subsidize it through high bills and insurance premiums. Don't get me started
Old 30-03-2017, 02:17 AM
Master
Have you looked into sleep apnea? It is often an hidden cause...and please be more annoyed at the big pharma rather than some poorly poor person! Those big corps could spare a bit of charity from the profits they make off us.
Old 30-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Have you looked into sleep apnea? It is often an hidden cause...and please be more annoyed at the big pharma rather than some poorly poor person! Those big corps could spare a bit of charity from the profits they make off us.

Whats wrong with big pharma??? They're the ones spending billions of there own dollars on research to create the drugs that help everyone.....the ILLEGAL aliens on the other hand are just here taking advantage of us and need to go home and fix the mess in there own counties instead of basically stealing service from us.

And since you don't seem to know....Big Pharma already discounts drugs to 3rd world countries to almost nothing... basically selling to them at cost.

For instance a drug that might cost say $150 here in the United States might cost $25 in Mexico...i have literally driven across the border....gone to a pharmacy on the Mexican side and bought the very same drug by the very same company in the very same package.....and its less than half the price....

So why you would disparage the drug company instead of the illegal alien who's coming here and breaking our laws...I don't understand!

Old 31-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Master
It always puzzles me why people can turn on each other believing some are responsible for shortages when so much abundance exists~that abundance isn't controlled by the poor though.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Knower
I'm doing a bit better. Thanks for the input :)
Old 07-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tree
I'm doing a bit better. Thanks for the input :)

Glad to hear things have improved for you!!!